• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That statement was so stupid. How could he even say it? It's a good thing that he said sorry, but yeah. It kinda shows his way of thinking.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
What he said was totally stupid and the fact that he said it at all out loud makes me question his common sense. But it's just videogames dude.
I agree that 'rot in hell' in response to his initial twit is excessive but is it just video game? He as an 'influencer' who had many people look up to him and listen to his words spread the notion that if you have power, you shouldn't be punished. That's not video game. That's more than video game. That's an attitude that can be applied to anything in life, from politics to career to daily social interactions. That's why it's such a dangerous and foul thing to read and be thankful that they admitted wrong to saying that.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
'Sorry I said what I actually thought.'

Maybe he's really sorry but his original statement is so blatantly self-centered and privileged that it makes me question his motivations even after his apology.

'On one hand you have a content creator with millions of followers. On the other is a piece of **** kid with zero followers.'

Like, I don't have to read deep to infer how he feels about little people.

So is he apologizing because he means it, despite the horrible thoughts he spewed, or is he apologizing because he's seeing blowback after this stupidity slipped from the dark slimy corners of his brain?

Last edited:

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And it's not jealousy, but I'll never be able to accept that what these people do could ever be considered "working hard". "oh talking on camera is hard, gaining followers and keeping them is hard".

No. Working in a factory is hard. Working as a custodian is hard. Working as a fisherman is hard. Working as a police officer is hard. Working two jobs at minimum wage and being a single parent is hard. I could go on, but the list is pretty much endless when comparing the difficulty of any of these jobs or lifestyles to "playing video games on camera and talking".
because its not hard work. its a lot of hours but making a fuckton of money while doing something he loves.
Soldiers defending the country is working hard. Opining the stream to play a video game is not.

The jealousy is so embarrassing. Sounding like boomers raging on nfl players for having it easy.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The jealousy is so embarrassing. Sounding like boomers raging on nfl players for having it easy.
Haha, I'm not a boomer but I've definitely pointed out to my parents before how I think NFL/NHL/whoever players get paid way too much for what they do.

You can be critical of something without being jealous, expand your mind a little bit. I have no desire to sit at home playing video games on camera all day, and I love my life, thanks very much.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Always refreshing when someone really opens up about their true beliefs. Shame he had to ruin it with a non-apology over getting blowback.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Your "opinion" was calling people jealous and boomers. C'mon man.

No it wasn't, it was saying the vitriol towards streamers on this forum is always ridiculous.

Later I called jealous people jealous. The links between boomers complaining about nfl players being rich for not having real jobs and posters here complaining about streamers being rich for not having real jobs are undeniable. If they make you uncomfortable I'm sorry. Peace, enjoy your "productive" outrage.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it wasn't, it was saying the vitriol towards streamers on this forum is always ridiculous.

Later I called jealous people jealous. The links between boomers complaining about nfl players being rich for not having real jobs and posters here complaining about streamers being rich for not having real jobs are undeniable. If they make you uncomfortable I'm sorry. Peace, enjoy your "productive" outrage.
Ever think that maybe you're just jealous and can't understand how someone else couldn't be?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's kinda refreshing seeing a famous person saying "Yeah, I said some bullshit, sorry"
Agree.

Weirdest thing this morning was watching a content creator make this same argument all this morning...when his argument was the exact opposite yesterday.

Like, if someone recited his words to him uncredited, he would have called that person a moron.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Holding those with substantial influence and in position of power to higher standard should be the most basic lesson in accountability. At least that's how it should be but celebrities & politicians neutered that basic truth.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Speaking of Ninja...I told ya'll those viewers weren't going to follow him like that.

Mans is getting like 5k-10k viewers, down from 50k-100k daily on Twitch.

At least he got the bag, but man that is an L and a half for his brand.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that 'rot in hell' in response to his initial twit is excessive but is it just video game? He as an 'influencer' who had many people look up to him and listen to his words spread the notion that if you have power, you shouldn't be punished. That's not video game. That's more than video game. That's an attitude that can be applied to anything in life, from politics to career to daily social interactions. That's why it's such a dangerous and foul thing to read and be thankful that they admitted wrong to saying that.
Yeah, I don't think people realize how much those fuckers can shape the minds of a generation for the worse.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
a1556f55e431e8b29b13379a9f320ce9.jpg

Someone should add Ninja's face and change it to [insert any color of the rainbow] hair

Last edited:

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
They're about a little less than halved. Shroud is similar when playing Tarkov at least.

They're not doing bad but their viewership is definitely lower just based on casual observation when I jump on mixer.

EDIT: meant to quote the poster above me lol.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
No way in hell, did he change his opinion in 20 minutes. A call from Microsoft is the more likely scenario.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
oh my. I guess you've never ever ever said something that you've later changed your mind on. Look at you Mr. Perfect.
The things he said were informed by his value system. There's no reason to think that being admonished is going to completely change his world view in a couple of days. He's an elitist.