• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
What I'm not looking forward to is how my youtube recommendations will be filled about Rick & Morty lore, because that will be a thing people will care about, and nearly every episode will be "Is this evil morty?"

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear! Thoroughly enjoyed the first three seasons; looking forward to seeing what's next.

Hopefully Jerry and Beth's repaired relationship holds up for a while: the well of their dysfunction is a bit dry IMO. Will be fun to see them getting along for a change.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They really need to start getting the episodes done quicker, if they're going to really do 70 more. At this rate, it will be 2040 before they're finished.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
e75.gif
lmao that was pure cringe for me. I could not imagine being in that mcdonalds with him lol

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
never watched an episode but im eagerly waiting for the controversies involving the fanbase

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Great, I thought Season 3 was their best yet. Can't wait to see what's next.

At the same time though:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope they speed up production in the future. The animation is top notch, but with a 70 episode order they could probably afford more folks to move things along.

Glad to hear! Thoroughly enjoyed the first three seasons; looking forward to seeing what's next.

Hopefully Jerry and Beth's repaired relationship holds up for a while: the well of their dysfunction is a bit dry IMO. Will be fun to see them getting along for a change.

Well they've got a plotline going with Beth that they might pick up. I can certainly see something like Tales from the Citdael but from Beth's perspective.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome.

Glad it's coming sooner rather than later, hopefully the animation quality stays top notch.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It's felt like an eternity since the last episode. New episodes should help to finally get some more material out there. Even merchandise is scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
You've got to start liking what you like my dude.
Congrats for bragging about missing out on something because of some of the fanbase.
You grasp how pathetic this is, right?

I didn't stop watching because of the fandom. That was more vindication for my gut feeling after sitting through the first two seasons. All I'm missing out on is some stroppy teen angst comedy with a few funny bits. It doesn't help Dan Harmon is a completely awful human being but seems to get a free pass from everyone.

Maybe I'm just not a genius like all the Ricks out there who "totally get it" though :). Thanks for all the nasty responses though chaps! Sorry for having an opinion different to your own.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the heck does it take them 2.5 years to get 10 episodes with relatively simple animation done
They're drawing it.

Imma guess it's the writing, not the animation. But I might be wrong, of course. Could be both. Or even just the animation..
The animation is not as simple as the poster would have you believe.

Really hope they speed up production in the future. The animation is top notch, but with a 70 episode order they could probably afford more folks to move things along.

The 70 episode order will absolutely fascilitate the show being produced fsster.

The biggest hold up has been the delay between a season airing and Adult Swim renewing it. Production is on hold through all of that.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive given this show a chance. I guess this is just not meant for me. I dont get why everyone says its brilliant.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I might be misremember (it has been forever now) but wasn't the reason this one took so long was because of contract shit?

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to start getting the episodes done quicker, if they're going to really do 70 more. At this rate, it will be 2040 before they're finished.

talk to me when it passes the wait for the Venture Bros. the production time between seasons for R&M is NOTHING.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't stop watching because of the fandom. That was more vindication for my gut feeling after sitting through the first two seasons. All I'm missing out on is some stroppy teen angst comedy with a few funny bits. It doesn't help Dan Harmon is a completely awful human being but seems to get a free pass from everyone.

Maybe I'm just not a genius like all the Ricks out there who "totally get it" though :). Thanks for all the nasty responses though chaps! Sorry for having an opinion different to your own.
Mine was a nasty response?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great, I thought Season 3 was their best yet. Can't wait to see what's next.

At the same time though:

This is how I see a lot of the fandom. Took me until Season 2 to watch the show and then enjoy the show in its entirety. I love it, I'm excited about it, I'm a huge fan. But god damn I can't stand the fandom at times.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also shoutout to "Morty's mind blowers" for being the funniest episode in the show.

We shouldn't take things for granite.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Show has been consistently great, 3 might be a bit of step down but I need to rewatch the whole show. Wonder how far this show goes? I know Adult Swim has let Venture Bros carry on despite long waits in between seasons.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017

I wasn't being nasty. But now I think you're one of those people who thinks their opinion is worth more because they perceive themselves as having some enlightened outlier perspective, while lacking the self-awareness to acknowledge that their viewpoint is actually as boringly common as the mainstream consensus they desperately need to rally against. Expound on your original post all you want, but you're the one that said the fans "alone" make you not want to watch it. That's pretty fragile.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is it that I manage to love the show and literally never interact with one of these "toxic" fans? What black magic am I using?

lmao that was pure cringe for me. I could not imagine being in that mcdonalds with him lol
No way. Imagine talking with your grandkids and being able to tell them you were there on the day that gif was made? It would be like being there when they raised the flag at Iwo Jima.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
So glad I dropped this show after season 2. The "fans" alone make me never want to watch it again.

If I let fan behaviour dictate what I enjoyed I would never watch a Star Wars film, Game of Thrones episode, play a From Software game etc. It's disappointing when a fanbase goes sour but it's best to view media removed on its own merits. Seems like bad fanbases are the norm rather than the exception these days.

Edit: I see you decided the show wasn't for you after watching 2 seasons. No problems there.

Last edited:

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So glad I dropped this show after season 2. The "fans" alone make me never want to watch it again.

Every single fandom, including whatever you are into, has terrible, terrible "Fans". Star Wars has the TLJ nutbags that invade every thread to tell you how awful it is, Avengers has the Captain Marvel incels, so on so forth. Fans have nothing to do with the show. Are you watching it somewhere where people are jumping in your window and yelling about it? No?

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017

Pro-Tipp: don't share your opinions on the internet if you don't like being criticised. Seriously...

On topic: Season 3 was the best season by far. Ricklantis and Pickle Rick alone make this one special.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
A lot of the toxic R&M "fans" that you see are actually just youtubers/instagrammers trying to get subscribers/clicks/likes. They don't really care about the show all that much, but they know its popular so if they do something outrageous it will get attention. Case and point the spaz kid at McDonalds

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think im the only person who prefers season 3 to 2

Season 3 had a pretty bad opener but it was more consistent than 2 overall