• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No, the one where Rick takes down the galactic government with mind transferring stuff is the premiere. That's one of my favourites from the whole show!
Ohhh yeah that was great

I got confused because they aired that one months before the 2nd episode lol

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
A lot of the toxic R&M "fans" that you see are actually just youtubers/instagrammers trying to get subscribers/clicks/likes. They don't really care about the show all that much, but they know its popular so if they do something outrageous it will get attention. Case and point the spaz kid at McDonalds
Nah. There's some real dicks at my work who like R&M. I love the show but it really attracts people who are... basically Rick... but in real life... and also dumb.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
I swear I see people on Era complaining about bad Rick & Morty than I have seen bad Rick & Morty fans. It's like a dogpile to proclaim how above this show and fanbase they are.

I'm looking forward to Season 4, hope it's more consistent than Season 3.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear I see people on Era complaining about bad Rick & Morty than I have seen bad Rick & Morty fans. It's like a dogpile to proclaim how above this show and fanbase they are.

I'm looking forward to Season 4, hope it's more consistent than Season 3.

That's sadly pretty common here on ERA. Many people here feel the need to tell others how they're above certain things. Gaming, movies, politics, etc.

I like the show so far. Hopefully it's going to maintain the quaility.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
I just think about the early days of South Park, when I really liked the show and found it sad that people would relate/connect with say Cartman on a personal level. Rick and Morty is a fun romp, doesn't make it less fun even if half the damn fan base think they themselves literally are Rick personified.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's sadly pretty common here on ERA. Many people here feel the need to tell others how they're above certain things. Gaming, movies, politics, etc.

Which is especially funny because the thread for the pilot and first few episodes back at the old place blew up and everyone was saying how amazing it is.

Different people and all but yeah. I've never actually run into a toxic rick ans morty fan in real life either, it's all either screenshots from others, memes/jokes or annoying "satire" in real life like the mcdonald's dude

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
i was lttp on the show and watched all three seasons back to back earlier this year. while the first season definitely felt the freshest of the bunch, i didn't really note that much of a decline overall. people who waited for the third season seem to have more of a negative reaction to it, and i don't really see why. pickle rick is often mentioned, and yeah, it's was kinda stupid, but it was just one episode.

i also hear about the awful fanbase, but i don't even know where i would encounter them.
You don't, instead you might read two news stories about shitty fans and then complain for years about them and proclaim that's why you won't watch the show anymore.

At least that's how it seems to work.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the show continues to troll its fanbase. There better be another citadel episode that makes a off handed reference that evil Morty died on an aneurysm and everything is back to the status quo.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not particularly worried about the show suddenly swerving to cater to its more toxic fans. Dan and Justin have both spoken publicly about how they detest those types of people and are super aware of the potential Archie Bunker comparisons. They've even lightly joked about this and poked fun at mindless followers on the show in prior seasons.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for the new season.

I also really like season 3. The only episode I though wasn't very good was Vindicators 3.

I loved that episode since it showed how Morty has become a super competent sidekick. Also had a hilarious callback to episode 1 with the neutrino bomb and rick getting super drunk.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Wait there are people who didn't think s3 is good? Ricklantis Mixup is probably my favorite episode of the series

Yeah, that probably is the best episode in the whole series (the parasite episode and the first Interdimensional Cable form the rest of Rick and Morty's holy trinity). It, along with episode 1, were the standouts of the season. But aside from those two, I wasn't that into season 3. It wasn't bad, but it felt much more uneven and middling than the first two seasons. IIRC, Harmon was more absent for season 3, so I think 4 might be a return to form.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I am not surprised that people on ERA are dogpiling on it. And to be fair to them, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes ERA, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kids.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif