M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

You can download and start playing the trial at 9AM CEST / 3AM EST/ 12AM PST this morning!
The Riders Republic Trial Week will start on October 21st at 9 am CEST and end on October 27th at 9 am CEST. You will have access to the full game up to 4 hours.
All countries will be able to get access to the Trial Week, except the following territories: Iran, North Korea, Crimea & Sebastopol, Syria, Sudan, Cuba, China (mainland).
The Riders Republic Trial Week will be available on the same platforms as the full game: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Stadia and PC via the Epic Games Store or the Ubisoft Store
All progress is carried over into the full game if you decide to pick it up!

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Doesn't seem to require Plus so can I use multiple different accounts to keep getting new trials?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hopefully it is up for download before I go to sleep. Wouldn't mind giving it a go tomorrow at some point.

edit: oh, I guess you can download it now.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember if I have two separate Ubisoft accounts but I'm going to see if I can run it on both of my next gen consoles.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Make sure to fully quit out and close the game when not playing, as most of the timed trials still track the hours when running in the background.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

Buy Riders Republic - Trial Week | Xbox

Jump into the Riders Republic™ massive multiplayer playground! Bike, ski, snowboard, or wingsuit across an open world outdoor sports paradise. Race in mass start events, develop your rider’s career, or kick back with friends and free roam US national parks.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I really enjoyed Pure and SSX, how does this compare? Does it have a good sense of speed and control?

I'll give the trial a try later but curious to read others thoughts.

VTX

Oct 27, 2017
SSX was so awesome, I really hope to get some of it's vibes out of this.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I really enjoyed Pure and SSX, how does this compare? Does it have a good sense of speed and control?

I'll give the trial a try later but curious to read others thoughts.
I'd argue it has a better sense of speed than both those titles but the controls are slightly more forgiving and looser. I loved those titles too - you'll dig this game.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
4 hours? Yeah I won't even bother.
4 hours is pretty decent. I want to try to get all the tutorial stuff out the way so that I can just hop in at launch. I don't get why people think it's short? It's a pretty meaty chunk of getting all the initial stuff out the way which was a slog in the beta and would definitely slow down your initial day with the game. Plus you've a whole week to download it, not just a weekend, and there's content you can earn for doing it which is neat.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Any improvements over the open beta? I wasn't terribly impressed with it but then again it wasn't the finished product I hope.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

🥺

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I enjoyed what I played from the beta but it's the type of title where I have hard time paying it full price, especially since Ubi titles usually fall in price pretty fast after release.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Hate how clunky the character movement feels on foot. Overall game not doing much for me.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
4K 60 at ultra settings is barely manageable on my rx 6800, dropping to high and it's a lock. Not bad.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
This is a lot of fun and even more so when switching to first person but these characters make me feel as though I don't belong here. Like if this was real life I'd be turned away for not being cool enough or down with 'it'.

Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing the full game on Ubisoft+, is it too early or is it not going to be on the service for whatever reason?

Edit: Nevermind as I guess the game doesn't officially release until next week.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
4 hours is pretty decent. I want to try to get all the tutorial stuff out the way so that I can just hop in at launch. I don't get why people think it's short? It's a pretty meaty chunk of getting all the initial stuff out the way which was a slog in the beta and would definitely slow down your initial day with the game. Plus you've a whole week to download it, not just a weekend, and there's content you can earn for doing it which is neat.

The very fact that the tutorial is so long does kinda cut into it though. The game takes so long to just let you be free.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Does the download start the four hour timer? Wanna download this to play after my workday.

SteveChellios

May 17, 2018
Thoughts:

• Think it feels a better than the previous beta.
• Physics are still wierd and jarring esp the collision.
• Handling on the bikes still feel clunky, stiff and awkward even after messing with alternative controls/deadzones/sensitivity etc.
• Skis and Snowboard felt much tighter to control, but still the experience wasn't great.
• Not enough camera options.
• The game feels like its holding the players hand far too much, and you never feel like you have proper control of the character even with manual spins.

It's a pass from me, I think Descenders and Lonely Mountains Downhill are vastly superior as far as the biking aspect is concerned, but maybe a few patches will smoothe the experience out, who knows.🤷‍♂️

Was worth a shot.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game basically SSX x Downhill Domination love child?

Haven't played Downhill Domination but I wouldn't say it's nearly as in-depth as SSX's trick system at all. However, it still kinda fills that vibe due to lack of an arcadey snowboarder/sports game lately (barring THPS1+2)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who decided this sports game should have a bunch of long cutscenes to open the game but it's a bad idea. And the writing feels like its done by old writers trying to be hip and in the end, completely boring. It's not a complicated idea, it doesn't need all this exposition. Or the tutorial doesn't need to be rolling out the different sports so slowly, just let players choose which sport to play from the start instead of introducing them one by one.

As for the game itself, it's not good at giving a sense of speed. I never feel fast on the bike but maybe later events will be better. Descenders captures that element way better. The snowboarding is okay but not sure how else to feel on it yet. The turbowings seem sort of boring since you basically just point and fly. A normal wingsuit would be more interesting but maybe that's in here.