• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I keep thinking back to that random Twitter poll they did years ago asking which RR people would like remastered. RRT4 won by miles.

Imagine a current gen remake/remaster of the game? I am thinking limited edition yellow PS4 Pro :D
Wasn't Kazutoki Kono the director of this game ? Since he turned Ace Combat 7 around into a success, he could make it happen

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I've found this in ebay

207390J.JPG

207390J2.JPG

So is this the CD? If yes, why the yellow cover in the OP is the one used on every site to show it?

I don't get it...

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, picked up the recentish Rage Racer Remix cd release and will grab this too.

Where's my Rage, Type4 and RRV DRIFTOLOGY OF HD STYLE, bamco?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The namco sound team was composed of music gods in its heyday. Some of the greatest video game music of all time imho.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man those remixes sound fantastic. Might have to cop.

A few years ago there was aslo a general Ridge Racer 20th Anniversary album with a couple of great R4 remixes

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Guess it's time to finally learn how to order off Amazon.JP. This is fucking fantastic. And those remixes aint halfway bad either.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I would surely would love to hear the remixes on a steaming service or YouTube if anybody hears something.

Urban Fragments is still a part of my workout mix. 😍

Oct 30, 2017
any chance of a vinyl release? would buy the heck out of that, but 4000 yen is a little much for a couple of CDs imo.

then again i did buy the 7000-yen breath of the wild soundtrack and that's five discs of mostly silence with the occasional random piano note thrown in (no regrets), so maybe this is good value...

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
It'd be great if this came with an art book or something. The graphic design and general aesthetic of this game is just incredible. It amazes me for all the Designers Republic's brilliant work on Wipeout, this game isn't held in the same regard.
I think I get what you mean. R4's presentation was probably one of the biggest reasons (along with the soundtrack) why I still cherish the game to this day. Those beautiful, strikingly yellow menus were unlike any other racing game of its time; it wasn't even anything like the Ridge Racers before it.

There's also a surprising amount of lore in this racing game, with a story mode and profiles on the racing teams and the car manufacturers involved. I love racing game lore, especially when its presented through the lens of a professionally-run competition à la Wipeout's Anti-Gravity Racing League. The lore in R4 felt believable, like it was the "official" video game for Real Racing Roots '99. Like, if I lived in that kind of setting, I'd be that kid who brings a photo album of the Assoluto Bisonte (in RTS livery) everywhere with me.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
The order from the label store took a while to fulfill due to reprinting, but it's finally going out next week!

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I've been listening to this a lot in the last uh.... Year I guess. yeah I've been putting it on on and off for a year. This, and quake, and Wipeout 3.

I kick it Jesus style with a CD player in my 95 Toyota and I've been throwing these in pretty often.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived today after seemingly waiting forever for it!
It also included the extra disc which was a nice surprise! I ordered from Sweep direct.