• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Classic album cover too

417J1qapFQL.jpg

Each track in the soundtrack is getting a remix with a great set of composers, the second CD has a remastered soundtrack of the original tracks that does sound better than the original soundtrack

Remixers:

ESTi
Hiroshi Okubo
HIROSHI WATANABE
J99
Kohta Takahashi
Mark Di Meo
Q'HEY
Ryo Watanabe
Ryu☆
Sampling Masters AYA
Sampling Masters MEGA
sanodg
Takahiro Eguchi
Takeshi Nakatsuka
Tetsukazu Nakanishi

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to buy the original soundtrack CD for years now so getting remastered versions along with new remixes is a no brainer. Fingers crossed this isn't the only thing for the 20th anniversary....

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that preview sounds great. I might have to pick it up, it's one of my favorite OSTs.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. R4 has honestly left more of an impression on me than any other racer I've played (everything about it came together in a way that's all too rare), and was one of the best games of the PS1 era for me.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
This soundtrack is one of the god king OSTs. Namco never again quite reached it's heights, IMO.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
One of the breakthrough OSTs on the original PlayStation, it helped guide me to new sounds in the new online age. Also the only Ridge Racer title I ever really got into.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Those Remix doesn't sound that great... but you can't remix perfection, so I'll get the remastered songs anyway, GOAT OST!!!

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Wait 3/21? That's like next week!

Preorder on Amazon Japan is up. 4550 yen shipped to the US. I think I'm going to be treating myself this week...

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I have no real use for CDs but if I can get this digitally I am so in. R4 is truly one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I got so disappointed when I saw the word album. I thought I was going to read about a remaster or a remake. The album is great though so that's cool news.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
OMG this is great news! RRT4 is my favorite video game soundtrack and IMO the only one that would still be great if it wasn't video game related. It is just very coherent sounding house music that would have been just as acclaimed if it was released as a regular record.
I'm not 100% sold on the remixes after listening to the youtube compilation but I'll give these version a fair chance, too.

EDIT: Bought it on https://sweeprecord.ocnk.net, it's about 37€ incl. shipping to Germany. Very pricey and that's without customs. You can get Remix versions of Rage Racer and other RR games, too.

Last edited:

llin

Dec 6, 2017
I'm not 100% sold on the remixes after listening to the youtube compilation but I'll give these version a fair chance, too.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Your Vibe didn't grab me like the original but hopefully that's due to that particular demo section plus it gets another spin on the bonus CD. Wish Garage Talk received a remix.

Rojiraan

Oct 30, 2017
Paris, France
It's fun to see a thread about this CD release here on Era. And thanks to you I learned that there is a second CD containing remastered tracks (and a third one in bonus ?!). Now I need to know if I can buy all this from the international store or ask for help from a Japanese friend. Information about this third CD are a bit vague.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
PlayAsia for this? Need to get it, and we really, really need some current gen Ridge Racer.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
It's fun to see a thread about this CD release here on Era. And thanks to you I learned that there is a second CD containing remastered tracks (and a third one in bonus ?!). Now I need to know if I can buy all this from the international store or ask for help from a Japanese friend. Information about this third CD are a bit vague.
The bonus CD seems to be exclusive to first batch purchases from the publisher's own online store, can't see any mention of it on their international one though. Just use a proxy shopping place like From Japan to purchase it for you if you want to guarantee that 3rd disc.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
OMG this is great news! RRT4 is my favorite video game soundtrack and IMO the only one that would still be great if it wasn't video game related. It is just very coherent sounding house music that would have been just as acclaimed if it was released as a regular record.

EDIT: Bought it on https://sweeprecord.ocnk.net, it's about 37€ incl. shipping to Germany. Very pricey and that's without customs. You can get Remix versions of Rage Racer and other RR games, too.

Does that include the 3rd disc too? The other place was all in Japanese so hard to navigate the site.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The bonus CD seems to be exclusive to first batch purchases from the publisher's own online store, can't see any mention of it on their international one though. Just use a proxy shopping place like From Japan to purchase it for you if you want to guarantee that 3rd disc.

How do you do that?!

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
How do you do that?!
Depends on the proxy company you use, the two I like are White Rabbit Express and From Japan (the former costs a little more but has fantastic English customer support, the latter is cheaper but you're slightly more on your own). Generally all you do is copy the link to the store page (https://sweeprecord.com/srns-2004/) into the order page (for FJ you copy it into the Find/Order/Bid box in the header), fill in a few details about exactly what you want to buy (price in Yen, product name in Japanese) to ensure they get the right thing, they'll quote you for the cost, you pay the service fee, they order it and then when it arrives you choose the shipping method and pay for the postage.

For a first time proxy order I would probably recommend WRE over FJ since it's easier to follow, FJ is great for auction bidding though.

pennanton

Oct 31, 2017
It'd be great if this came with an art book or something. The graphic design and general aesthetic of this game is just incredible. It amazes me for all the Designers Republic's brilliant work on Wipeout, this game isn't held in the same regard.

Rojiraan

Oct 30, 2017
Paris, France
I'm 99% sure I won't get the 3rd disc, the store only mentions 2 cds.

On the international page they mention "+ More Extras CDs", so I was thinking it may arrive with the "Extra Disc" CD and the bonus logo seal (the only fear I have is that they wrote "8 P booklet", on the Japanese store page "12P Jacket" is written).
There's also the fact that you can't enter a foreign address on their Japanese store, I didn't try with Amazon Pay through.

Anyway I just sent a mail to them about this. I'll tell you when I receive the answer.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I keep thinking back to that random Twitter poll they did years ago asking which RR people would like remastered. RRT4 won by miles.

Imagine a current gen remake/remaster of the game? I am thinking limited edition yellow PS4 Pro :D