• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
I was expecting a new Mario Maker 2 update, but I'll gladly take this instead!

Jogging and rhythm modes sounds great. I want some Xenoblade series music too! :P

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this thing sitting in a box since I got it in October. I think it's finally time to try it. I love rhythm stuff.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
You mean announcing this free update more than 3 months ago?

But I don't get what's the point on announcing something like this in advance. The game is sould out. If they'd announced this update back when it was available, what? Now it'd be sold out either way. It's not like more people would be able to play it now or something like that.
Yes? They didn't develop this in a few weeks, it could have been announced in January or something, stock of Ringfit was scare but still available at that time. And even if availability was limited they'd still be attracting potential new buyers, what did they expect out of leaving the announcement until the launch day? Oh yeah, people are really going to rush out during the middle of a lockdown and buy a game that is totally out of stock worldwide. Or pay £200 for a used copy on eBay.

Heck, considering unofficial rings are readily available why didn't they just put the base game up for sale on the eShop?

Toscado

Dec 22, 2018
One of the main things I thought the game was missing was a jogging mode, and here we are.

Hope this means the possibility of more DLC in the future. I'd pay for an expansion.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
The arms and legs songs are much more responsive than the core ones. Something about pressing this into abs and twisting doesn't seem to register well at all in this game. I have to practically turn to face backwards for it to register the movement.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to play this more... Seems like a good time to jump back in!

That female voice sounds... I dunno. It kinda sounds like when a female voice actor voices a male child.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
The arms and legs songs are much more responsive than the core ones. Something about pressing this into abs and twisting doesn't seem to register well at all in this game. I have to practically turn to face backwards for it to register the movement.

Hmm odd, I had the opposite experience. Core worked great, arms + legs had a bit of trouble with the squats I believe.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So if you do Jogging mode + knee assist, that's basically just tourism mode, right

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I wonder if it has anything to do with battery life or just age/health of joycons? I'm going to try my other joycons now that I'm thinking about it.

For left and right, I believe you are not supposed to twist but rather lean left and right, if that is of any help. Twisting only comes into play during the notes that stop and have you do as many twists as you can.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
For left and right, I believe you are not supposed to twist but rather lean left and right, if that is of any help. Twisting only comes into play during the notes that stop and have you do as many twists as you can.
Hmmm, I'll mess with it though the back and forth ones were being a bit finicky too. Going to do some experimentation and see what works and what doesn't because i really was thrilled about this announcement.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. Amazing huge update! I'm gonna go get the download now. If I can drag myself away from Animal Crossing long enough, that is.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just looking and in the settings you can tell it to complete exercises that switch sides. Is that new with this update or was it already there?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Lmao if you had told me this time last year that a wii fit spiritual successor would have more of my playtime, be more exciting, and have better post-launch support than a sequel to Mario Maker....
Nintendo has really screwed the pooch with Mario Maker 2 support. That type of game needs more frequent updates.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Hm, just played the Wii Fit medley and can't say I remembered the music they chose lol, but the call-back is nice.

I definitely would have paid for this mode, surprised it's free.

These extra modes don't seem to count towards your daily timer, hmm?

Do it keep track of calories burn? I log those personally into my phone since I don't have one of those watches.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Do it keep track of calories burn? I log those personally into my phone since I don't have one of those watches.
As of yesterday everything in Ring Fit kept track of calories burned. Should still be that way. You can press ZR to cycle through time used, calories and distance in the little stopwatch in the corner.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
As of yesterday everything in Ring Fit kept track of calories burned. Should still be that way. You can press ZR to cycle through time used, calories and distance in the little stopwatch in the corner.

Playing this without setting it up in a custom playlist and chaining songs together didn't add it to my stopwatch. But yeah, if you make a custom workout it definitely will track all stats and add to your watch.

In between those two sessions I did "start" my days adventure with a stretch and opened up the world map as well, but I don't think that matters.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Cool. Didn't know since I was purely on adventure. Need a change of pace since I didn't want to jump right away into New Game + so this update came just in time for me.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thing has been sold out since the beginning of the year and they never even adressed the worldwide stock issues. You know, just say anything that will keep people from paying astronomical ebay prices.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the advice! I had such problems with the core/leg mode that I knew I did something wrong. Will try it the next session.

Really good (and surprising IMO) update of RFA.