• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 69771

rvsHSPi.png

bsDTfHf.png

tmXuXWt.jpg

First is before, second is after 90 days and just finishing story mode (~40-50 mins exercise, daily, no diet changes), third is right now (~130 days)

I got Ring Fit Adventure close to launch, and ever since I've been playing it almost daily (except for some unfortunate month long breaks due to work). I don't even know how to properly begin writing about the game, but guess I'll start with the exercises themselves. I got hooked from the beginning but the more I played the more I came to understand how well crafted the actual exercise part of the game is. It's built in such a way that it always pushes you to do more and try more varied exercises. You could, of course, stick to exercises that you're comfortable with and grind away at enemies but then there'd be no real life progress! I really liked how by leveling up and doing side quests I kept receiving new attacks and skills, and I kept trying to rotate them out and keep the four areas balanced. Also, the gameplay itself is in the same league as other top notch Nintendo games like ARMS and Splatoon, it's incredibly fun and smooth, plus it never feels annoying or boring to go through levels. I personally really like the sidequests too, they really push you in different ways that the main game doesn't, and going for 100% was a blast.

The battles are pretty fun too, especially the final boss! It truly felt to me like one of those battles I couldn't have done at the beginning of the game, even if I had had all my levels and skills, it really took a lot of energy and will to beat it! The music was fantastic, of course:

Another thing I really liked was the story, the characters were surprisingly deep and the NPCs were all fun and had great dialogue. I love the changes that all the main characters go through and the ending made me cry a bit, lol. It had a great message that I felt I really needed.

The game is also incredibly beautiful, like, wow. It also runs at 1080p 60fps and I always make sure to take screenshots of gorgeous stuff I see.

So yeah, this post is kinda all over the place but I truly love this game and all it's done for me, and I think it's the kind of game only Nintendo could make and why I love playing their games so much. I've had fun and only fun playing this game, and I've still got a ton left with the extra modes! Also, for those curious, I'm 19, weigh about 65kg I think (like 58 before starting Ring Fit), and I tried to about an hour of active exercise a day in game, usually closer to 50 minutes though, and it's on the max difficulty level. Also, no dietary changes, but I like to eat as much as I can usually!

Last edited by a moderator:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why are they having stock issues with this?

I get COVID-19, but is the demand that high?

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great results dude.
Want this game also, but when it was avaiable I hadn't the time nor the money which
is still kinda pissing me off, because of the lockdown and me not being able to go to the gym

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experience. Can't wait to start playing it (got mine a few days ago).

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The game is now a million seller in Japan, which is quite rare.

If it weren't for stock issues, it would have achieved this weeks ago.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I managed to grab a copy of this yesterday from Argos in the UK. Stoked to play it but I am sans joycons at the moment.

As soon as I get a fresh pair I will dive right in.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's a cool game

I'm finally reaching the point where I can do squats without my legs exploding

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations on your efforts! Keep it up!

Great write up too, definitely convinced me to give it a shot one of these days!

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I remember almost buying this at Best Buy with GCU when it was in stock before the holidays. I wish I'd have done it.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna start it soon(ish) I wonder if it's gonna do anything for my ever-growing gut.

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

50 minutes of active exercise in Ring Fit would kill a normal man.

What are you?!?
Not normal :P I forgot to mention, I'm playing on the max difficulty level too. But at the beginning I started on 17 I think, and I used to do about 20 minutes a day.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You actually convinced me to get the game when you initially posted this on Twitter. It should come in the mail later today.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Got mine last week, my son and I have been doing it 4 days straight. When I'm done, I'm exhausted and a pool of sweat at that point (I'm almost 50 and need to drop about 60lbs), but always want to keep playing. Definitely recommend as well.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Man I wish I had the will to look like that when I was 19, I can feel my metabolism slowing down as I type

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
That's awesome great results. This is the one game that makes me regret switching to the lite fully but every time I try to buy it it's gone in seconds anyway so I'll have time to get another switch. I hope they make a lite that connects to the tv sooner rather than later so I only need to buy joycons and can keep the lite which I prefer.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats on your results and commintment!!
I have the game but haven't played it since a couple of months... I definitely should go back and try to stick to it, I know that it will really good for mental health also (quite stressed with all the covid and quaratine things)

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
I love it and was blown away by how much depth the game has. Really amazing and also has helped a ton in this lockdown.

I really hope there is some sequel at some point i know you can technically keep playing forever this but new accessories or ways to exercise more would be amazing

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I have got abs from doing the ab and core workouts three times a week. This is the best fitness game created and gets get results. It's also a fun way to workout.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's been popping in and out of stock on virtually all major retailers for the past week. If you're quick you can get it now

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

That's awesome great results. This is the one game that makes me regret switching to the lite fully but every time I try to buy it it's gone in seconds anyway so I'll have time to get another switch. I hope they make a lite that connects to the tv sooner rather than later so I only need to buy joycons and can keep the lite which I prefer.
You can still play on your Lite if you want, but at least to me personally I found the screen to be too small to focus properly on text and such while doing exercises :/

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I managed to snag a copy when they were available the other day. I'm really excited to try it. Heard nothing but good things.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I appreciate what it does, but as a game it's a bit too lean. The fact that villagers literally don't exist outside their jpgs for example, and the repetitive content, kinda knocks it down for me.

Vibbon

Jan 22, 2018
DFW Area, TX
Not normal :P I forgot to mention, I'm playing on the max difficulty level too.
Whoa, that's nuts. I was just about to ask this. Also, you look great, btw!

Just wondering, about how active were you prior to starting the game? I'm wondering because I'm 28 and have been playing for about 6 days at a difficulty of either 28 or 29.. However, I'm more exhausted after about 30 minutes that I ever was doing ~1hr supersets at the gym. However, this is also because I haven't been at the gym for about 2 months because COVID.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I go through waves playing.
Unfortunately, I'm currently at
The part where you have to fight all the statues
and find it kind of a slog

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

Whoa, that's nuts. I was just about to ask this. Also, you look great, btw!

Just wondering, about how active were you prior to starting the game? I'm wondering because I'm 28 and have been playing for about 6 days at a difficulty of either 28 or 29.. However, I'm more exhausted after about 30 minutes that I ever was doing ~1hr supersets at the gym. However, this is also because I haven't been at the gym for about 2 months because COVID.
Really wasn't active at all my whole life I'd say, just studying and playing games lol. I guess it helps that I was just naturally skinny (which I hated). I'm thinking once I go to uni to start going to the gym too.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Damn man! Nice progress. My parents bought it and told me today that it was back in stock on Amazon so i think ill give it a go, really well timed thread

Oct 26, 2017
Nice job! I recently got back to playing this since last week. First day was tough but each day makes things better.

Just doing 15 to 20 minutes of it daily plus 30 to 45min of Fitness boxing. Then I added Jump Rope Challenge to the mix.

Having a bit of exercise at home during these trying times helped me a lot on my mental health. 😊

Maxroy

Dec 5, 2019
Why are they having stock issues with this?

I get COVID-19, but is the demand that high?
It was massively under-produced for the Holiday season, I think the report at the time revealed that they overall made 2 million units for that window.

Back in early December the store I worked at had people coming in buying it in cartons (8 per box) to ship overseas as locally their retailers just couldn't keep up, this demand increased 100x when Covid first hit China.

Then as the pandemic developed it caused major production pipelines to halt which has kept Nintendo struggling to keep up with Switch and Ring Fit demand ever since.

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

I go through waves playing.
Unfortunately, I'm currently at
The part where you have to fight all the statues
and find it kind of a slog
Oh, lol, I found that part a bit annoying too when I got to it but then just switched up my gear and tried alternating bosses and side quests and it was better :)

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Awesome results, OP!

I just started playing it. I honestly only bought the game because it was difficult to find. It was something that everyone wanted so I bought into the hype. But I am really enjoying it. It's a lot more difficult than I thought! I was kind of disappointed after my first workout and it said I had only burned 80 calories I think and I was exhausted. Apparently the game does not do a good job of measuring calorie burning, and I definitely felt pretty sore the following day so I think it is a good workout. My wife just did her first session last night and had a blast.

I laughed when Nintendo first revealed this, but it's actually pretty amazing. Those crazy bastards at Nintendo!

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I checked your twitter and nu am putut găsi jocul nicăieri, but I'm definitely gonna grab it as some point.

Oct 28, 2017
My copy should arrive tomorrow. My dad bod definitely needs some work and I'm not going back to my gym anytime soon with Covid.

Also going to try to convince my wife to try this. She doesn't play video games so will be interesting.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, lol, I found that part a bit annoying too when I got to it but then just switched up my gear and tried alternating bosses and side quests and it was better :)

When I got to that part I was playing at level 30. Now that I haven't played in a few weeks, I'll give it a shot at level 25 and it probably wont be so bad.

Vibbon

Jan 22, 2018
DFW Area, TX
Really wasn't active at all my whole life I'd say, just studying and playing games lol. I guess it helps that I was just naturally skinny (which I hated). I'm thinking once I go to uni to start going to the gym too.

Oh wow, That rules! I keep pumping the difficulty up because my arms are still not getting THAT much of a workout, but Holy Ghost, do my legs feel like they're going to explode whenever I need to do squats. Agh, dude you've got me super excited to get back into it.

I had one other question, though:
When does the game get more open with like side quests and stuff? I just got to world 4 and I'm loving the running and RPG fights, but just looking at the UI, you can tell there's a lot more meat there.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Congrats on your progress! Your post definitely convinced me to buy the game. Now I just have to wait until they're in stock and hope I can snag one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

Oh wow, That rules! I keep pumping the difficulty up because my arms are still not getting THAT much of a workout, but Holy Ghost, do my legs feel like they're going to explode whenever I need to do squats. Agh, dude you've got me super excited to get back into it.

I had one other question, though:
When does the game get more open with like side quests and stuff? I just got to world 4 and I'm loving the running and RPG fights, but just looking at the UI, you can tell there's a lot more meat there.
There's 20+ worlds, I think closer to 10 you'll have most of your powers back and a ton more stuff to do! My arms are doing fine, certainly not such a big progress as my legs or abs but it's still quite good!

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Not sure what's more impressive your results from the game or talking to someone who has the game and not just the groups looking for it.

Not sure if these type of experiences are even possible on next gen consoles but I would love to see at least a few future console games be dedicated to self improvement.

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

Congrats on your progress! Your post definitely convinced me to buy the game. Now I just have to wait until they're in stock and hope I can snag one.
Ha! I've had tons of friends buy the game because of my progress, glad to be such motivation :)

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, you may have convinced me.

I have a very similar build to you. I looked almost exactly like that at 19. Now I'm 28 though, my metabolism is slowing down, and last year I got my first office job where I just sit down all day, as opposed to constantly standing/walking like all my previous jobs.

I'm still very slender (6'1" and ~145 pounds), but I've been really wanting to tone up a bit and especially work on my cardio. Playing with my dog recently has made me notice how quickly I get short of breath and tired compared to even a year or two ago.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just got it and did the first world two days ago. I set it to the highest intensity and can tell it will be a great workout over the long haul and get much more challenging. I bicycle routinely and have a weight room in my garage, so this probably will be a 3 time a week affair. Game itself is also pretty fun from an actual video game level as well.