• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Just got this today as a complete surprise for Christmas and I love it. I'm completely out of shape and this will help push me towards being a lot more active again.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So those follow-up rush attacks you can buy on the skill tree are literally stand rushes.

Sorry Astral Chain, Ring Fit's Bizarre Adventure is the best JoJo's game of 2019 confirmed.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god so after 6 days off I decided to do the stamina gym in world 17. And I was pretty sure I was gonna throw up a few times there.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Half regretting setting my Difficulty level to 20 but this game is shockingly fun. That first boss fight felt pretty intense.

Running parts feel awkward though. Especially the high knee stuff. Leg strap gets pretty loose when I try it

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Half regretting setting my Difficulty level to 20 but this game is shockingly fun. That first boss fight felt pretty intense.

Running parts feel awkward though. Especially the high knee stuff. Leg strap gets pretty loose when I try it

I take it you have just started with RFA? If so then congrats and welcome 🐱 .

Don't stress about the difficulty level; you may raise or lower it as often as you like without any drawbacks to doing so. The first three worlds ease the player into the game's mechanics and how everything works and then builds from there, including in difficulty. The game will ask you regularly if the difficulty level is okay or whether you want to change it and it even will ask you occasionally if that is annoying and will refrain from doing so for awhile if you say it is. However, you can manually reset the difficulty level by going into the 'advanced' settings so you don't have to go through the question and answer palaver if you don't want the game to recommend a new difficulty setting.

The leg strap has a lot of give in its elasticity so you can pull it really tight before velcroing it up, if you need to. Also, you will probably get a far more secure positioning of the leg strap if you wear some sort of leggings or long shorts.

The running on the spot can feel awkward at first but if you have a look at Tipp, the faceless avatar the game uses to demonstrate how it expects the exercise to be performed, you will see that you barely have to lift your knees to 'run' in the game. Sometimes, if my calves feel tight I will joggle on the spot, barely lifting my heels off the floor whilst keeping my toes on the floor and the game registers the motion.

Have fun and don't be a stranger; there's a good bunch of regulars who post in here. I am expecting quite a few of them to post in the New Year their regrets over their over-indulgence over the Christmas period! 😸 .

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally got this game for Christmas and my god, it's every bit as good as I expected. Game could do with more variety in its' levels, but I've only just hit World 4, so I'll give it time.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
My back was pretty sore and I couldn't get comfortable last night when I was trying to get to sleep so I was worried I had aggravated my back and would have a set back in my recovery from the back spasm. This afternoon, however, it felt better than it had since before the spasm. It's a Christmas miracle! it felt well enough that I decided to brave RFA again. God, how I missed it! It was only seven days but it seemed far longer. It was timely too as thoughts like "I feel okay; why do I need to exercise? Perhaps I won't bother with RFA anymore." had started to pop into my head. I know from prior experience that this tends to happen when one has been doing an exercise routine for awhile; the honeymoon period enthusiasm starts to wane and it is so easy to fall off the exercise wagon at that point. Funnily enough the game tips today included changing up one's routine occasionally to stop getting stale and losing enthusiasm. Anyway, I finished off world 11, reached level 100 \o/ and managed 23 minutes at difficulty level 19. I'm happy with that! I feel nice and tired now; it was hard to get back into it, I don't mind admitting. So far my back feels okay although at one point the very top of my gluteus maximus felt tight heh he said he had a tight bum *giggle* but that passed, thankfully.

AnonymousApple Nice! Yeah, worlds one to three are pretty plain and deliberately so to ease the player in to the game, I suspect. Nintendo wanted the early game to be welcoming to all including those who don't play video games osit. World four is the start of the game broadening out in various ways IIRC. Have fun!

LukasManak22 Congrats! Hope it arrives soon.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
AnonymousApple Nice! Yeah, worlds one to three are pretty plain and deliberately so to ease the player in to the game, I suspect. Nintendo wanted the early game to be welcoming to all including those who don't play video games osit. World four is the start of the game broadening out in various ways IIRC. Have fun!

I figured, to avoid over-whelming the player.

Woah you've made good progress in just two days!

I've only played an hour, roughly (based on the in-game timer) -- but nonetheless, I feel pretty good. I expect my progress to slow down as the Worlds get longer, though.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got this today as a complete surprise for Christmas and I love it. I'm completely out of shape and this will help push me towards being a lot more active again.

Me too! I felt like the Peleton girl for a minute but I tried it out this AM and love it! I had trouble with the system recognizing me on overhead abs motion though where you hold the ring over your head...is it a space to tv issue or should the face of the right joycon face me and not toward the tv?

It picked up my 7 year old no problem and I'm only about 5'7

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Me too! I felt like the Peleton girl for a minute but I tried it out this AM and love it! I had trouble with the system recognizing me on overhead abs motion though where you hold the ring over your head...is it a space to tv issue or should the face of the right joycon face me and not toward the tv?

It picked up my 7 year old no problem and I'm only about 5'7

Welcome! 🐱 This is the one where you hold the ring over your head and 'try to paint a circle on the ceiling', yes? If so then I'm pretty sure the con part of the ring con should be at the back. Tipp, the faceless avatar, who demonstrates the correct exercise form should show this. Before you raise your arms you start with the ringcon in the vertical position in front of the body with the con part at the top so when you raise your arms it naturally goes to the back. Does that sound right? Just re-reading your post, I wonder if you mean the hip shake where you flick your hips from side to side. If so, no worries, everything I said above still applies.

Have fun!

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Got it yesterday as a gift and after a 7 hr drive just dipped my toe in for the first two levels which took 10 or so minutes. It was super fun and seemed to work really well.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Got this for Christmas, played the first few levels today. I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I hated the initial reveal of it with the two super cheesy presenters in that one video, but after hearing all the word of mouth for it in Giant Bomb's podcasts, I had to try it out. Just need to be consistent with it.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Today's session was 50% longer than yesterday. Feeling like I'm going to love this long term

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today's session was 50% longer than yesterday. Feeling like I'm going to love this long term

Havent even tried adventure mode yet but I love the quick play options. You can just blast through different exercises and target certain areas. Like I really want to focus on abs and waist. It's great and my wife liked it too.

komodothefist

Oct 30, 2017
I have had two weeks break from this game so it's about a time I get back to business with this.

I took about two weeks off too, and I feel very guilty about it. I've realized that if I take rest days with this, it's too easy for me to be like "Ah, maybe I'll just take another one off" and then the time gets away from me. My Christmas goal is to do a little ring fit every day, even if it's just a level.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Havent even tried adventure mode yet but I love the quick play options. You can just blast through different exercises and target certain areas. Like I really want to focus on abs and waist. It's great and my wife liked it too.

The adventure mode is a blast. Gives some great motivation because you're fighting enemies and the only limitation is you. And you can customize what exercises show up so you could even tailor it to your needs while in adventure!

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
got it as an xmas gift and my wife (who doesn't play any games at all) loves it! I also really like how easy it is to switch profiles for quick play and adventure mode. Gotta keep those stats separate ya know? haha.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished day 40. This game just doesn't stop giving you new stuff to see and do.

I know I still have 50+ worlds left but I still really hope they announce DLC or an expansion for this soon.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished day 40. This game just doesn't stop giving you new stuff to see and do.

I know I still have 50+ worlds left but I still really hope they announce DLC or an expansion for this soon.

What intensity are you upto?

I started around 14, which was too conservative, and am now upto 23. It's crazy how much slower the game progress at higher intensity settings. I'll get estimated times of like 14 minutes for a level and it'll be well over 30 for me to clear it.

I definitely think my goal is to get good enough to play it around 28-30 before I've "beat" it for good. I've been at 23 a while and until I can do a bunch of days in a row without resting mid-exercises at all, I'll just leave it there.

Just really trying to say if one finds themselves progressing too quickly through the game, a sure way to slow your progress down is to up the intensity! :)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What intensity are you upto?

I started around 14, which was too conservative, and am now upto 23. It's crazy how much slower the game progress at higher intensity settings. I'll get estimated times of like 14 minutes for a level and it'll be well over 30 for me to clear it.

I definitely think my goal is to get good enough to play it around 28-30 before I've "beat" it for good. I've been at 23 a while and until I can do a bunch of days in a row without resting mid-exercises at all, I'll just leave it there.

Just really trying to say if one finds themselves progressing too quickly through the game, a sure way to slow your progress down is to up the intensity! :)

I'm not going quickly at all, I'm doing about a world ever 3-4 days now. I'm at intensity 22, and I think I'll keep it there for a while longer but raise it to 23 soon.

My long term plan is to stay under 25 until I'm done the game (all 69 worlds) and then if no DLC comes out I'll start over from the beginning at level 26 and try to ramp it up to 30 early on so that it's like a whole new game.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Think I'm gonna rest today and just do my normal pushups and situps instead of both. Come in fresh tomorrow. Can't wait though.

When do I unlock being able to buy stuff?

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Think I'm gonna rest today and just do my normal pushups and situps instead of both. Come in fresh tomorrow. Can't wait though.

When do I unlock being able to buy stuff?

You mean like clothes? That's world 2 or 3, pretty early on, and smoothies are world 3. Generally you just keep unlocking random new features for a very long time, which I think is one of the things that makes adventure mode so fun.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I took about two weeks off too, and I feel very guilty about it. I've realized that if I take rest days with this, it's too easy for me to be like "Ah, maybe I'll just take another one off" and then the time gets away from me. My Christmas goal is to do a little ring fit every day, even if it's just a level.

I need to definitely pick it up too again. Rest days are essential though for me. It helps me motivate doing even more.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Another session done, this time 30 minutes in one go. Died to the mini boss in World 4, likely because I didn't bring enough gear into the fight.
I hate the Plank with a passion, yet it's the most powerful attack I have right now. xD

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Another session done, this time 30 minutes in one go. Died to the mini boss in World 4, likely because I didn't bring enough gear into the fight.
I hate the Plank with a passion, yet it's the most powerful attack I have right now. xD

Heh, wait until you have to do Mountain Climbers! You will likely look back at planks with fondness *evil grin*.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished my first session, which I ended after beating World 1.

The game calibrated me to difficulty 18, which I'm guessing was pretty accurate considering I had to hold onto the bannister while stumbling downstairs afterward, lmao.

I had two problems:
1. I started off wearing loose-fitting sweatpants, which I quickly changed to workout shorts after the leg band started slipping.
2. I couldn't figure out what the game wanted for the Chair pose, so I had to keep backing out of it and choosing something else. I eventually figured it out after sitting on my bed like a chair.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Despite taking Christmas and the next day off, my body still isn't fully recovered. Spend the three days before Christmas working extra hard since I knew I will eat a lot on Christmas Day.

Going to rest this weekend and start fresh Monday.

woo

Nov 11, 2017

The game calibrated me to difficulty 18, which I'm guessing was pretty accurate considering I had to hold onto the bannister while stumbling downstairs afterward, lmao.

I had two problems:
1. I started off wearing loose-fitting sweatpants, which I quickly changed to workout shorts after the leg band started slipping.
2. I couldn't figure out what the game wanted for the Chair pose, so I had to keep backing out of it and choosing something else. I eventually figured it out after sitting on my bed like a chair.

World one is as easy as it gets in this game so don't be afraid to lower the difficulty once it starts to ramp up around world four or so; you can't play it if you fall down the stairs and break your neck! Enjoy feeling the satisfaction from working your body hard tomorrow. You might feel a bit stiff and sore but it feels goooood! 🐱

The leg strap has a lot of elasticity to it so you can get a nice, snug fit with it. I wear loose-fitting sweatpants to play it and don't have any issue with slippage so it is do-able.

I had this problem earlier in world 12. I couldn't work out how to get it going either but managed it after some trial and error. However, I had to do the chair pose and then hold it for some time to move a platform forward. I learnt to hate the chair pose! You have that delight to come but not for several weeks.

Have fun!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
First post-xmas session complete, and it ended with me finishing world 6.

Love this game, and I'm so annoyed at myself for getting to include it in my top ten games for the vote on here.

Oct 25, 2017

I had two problems:
if chair pose isn't working, i've found it's because the leg strap isn't positioned such that the joycon is directly on top of my thigh, it's drifted to the left or right some.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Japanese version completely playable in English? If they have stock I was considering picking it up over here while on holiday

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I've switched over from keto diet to ring fit as my weight loss/toning tool.

I'm 6'2" and with keto > exercise (push ups, situps, squats) > ring fit, I've lost almost 20 pounds in a month.

Gone from 246 to 230 and my friends are complementing me without me mentioning anything. Feels great.

Almost all of those pounds have come off my belly. I was getting self concious and I'm happy I've made this course correction.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Day 3 on this and I think this is by far the most time I've spent with my Switch this year, haha. It's such a weird and great feeling to look forward to exercising each day.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, we're all in agreement that the Stamina Set is the game letting you know how much it hates you right?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered a copy of this. Still coughin and recovering from being sick from last month and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder so haven't been to the gym in a month either. Can't wait to check this out and include it with my lifting routine. Will try to do this on rest days even though I really should be resting lol.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I just started world 7 today, and I still have unfinished requests all the way from world 3.

Is that normal for them to have not unlocked yet?

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
I just started world 7 today, and I still have unfinished requests all the way from world 3.

From what I've read it's best to not get invested in completing all the requests... eventually you get to ones that require a 100% perfect score and for some of the mini games even after 50 attempts it's still basically impossible.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland

yeah, i'm not entirely sure what unlocks the last world 3 request. i've finished ng (but not all the requests yet) and it's still locked for me so it might be locked behind getting all the other requests in the game first or something.

requests in general frequently have pre-requisites (including other requests) before they unlock though

woo

Nov 11, 2017
First post-xmas session complete, and it ended with me finishing world 6.

Love this game, and I'm so annoyed at myself for getting to include it in my top ten games for the vote on here.

I never vote for these things but I'm going to make myself do so just to make sure RFA gets some love so there's that, at least.

Is the Japanese version completely playable in English? If they have stock I was considering picking it up over here while on holiday

Ask Vinnk, he is in Japan and plays it.

I've switched over from keto diet to ring fit as my weight loss/toning tool.

I'm 6'2" and with keto > exercise (push ups, situps, squats) > ring fit, I've lost almost 20 pounds in a month.

Gone from 246 to 230 and my friends are complementing me without me mentioning anything. Feels great.

Almost all of those pounds have come off my belly. I was getting self concious and I'm happy I've made this course correction.

That's great; nicely done! 🐱 I have lost weight too although I'm not sure how much because I only just bought myself some scales but my waist is not as tight so I know I have lost some. I have lost about the same as you if I go by the reading on the scales at my doctor surgery a few weeks ago but that was with me wearing clothes and shoes so I haven't lost all that! Still, it feels good to be heading in the right direction!

Day 3 on this and I think this is by far the most time I've spent with my Switch this year, haha. It's such a weird and great feeling to look forward to exercising each day.

Yeah, it's pretty surreal to enjoy exercise, isn't it?

Just ordered a copy of this. Still coughin and recovering from being sick from last month and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder so haven't been to the gym in a month either. Can't wait to check this out and include it with my lifting routine. Will try to do this on rest days even though I really should be resting lol.

Congrats but be careful you don't do too much especially since you are lifting weights. Your body needs adequate rest and recovery from the weights; that's how it adapts to the extra effort it is being asked to do. You may well know this so forgive me if so but it is too easy to overtrain and I wouldn't want you to do that. Enjoy the game but look after yourself, please.

From what I've read it's best to not get invested in completing all the requests... eventually you get to ones that require a 100% perfect score and for some of the mini games even after 50 attempts it's still basically impossible.

I did a bunch of requests yesterday and I wasn't feeling up to doing too much and those 100% ones can go to hell.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
woo Yeah as soon as I'm healthy to lift again I probably won't go too hard on ring fit. But I feel like it'll be a nice supplement depending on how lifted during the week. If I go super heavy then nah ring fit is out of the question. Deload week yeah maybe I'll just do ring fit instead lol.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
woo Yeah as soon as I'm healthy to lift again I probably won't go too hard on ring fit. But I feel like it'll be a nice supplement depending on how lifted during the week. If I go super heavy then nah ring fit is out of the question. Deload week yeah maybe I'll just do ring fit instead lol.

Thank you 🐱 .

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been able to play much since my sister is visiting but trying to get in a little each day. Just finished World 3 kept the difficulty on 20 seems like the right level for a good challenge

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a big new year's eve party this afternoon/evening so I told myself I'd take it easy and do a short and light workout this morning.

45 minutes and 350 calories later... Whoops.