• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
Is that possible? Typically a jump will be three-five silver rings followed by a gold no? That's 800 points.

he means the jump at the very end of the minigame, once the coins are gone and you're left with one big ramp to launch off of, and there's sections drawn on the ground that you can land in. they're labeled from 100 to 2000 points from what i remember? the requests wants you to land somewhere between the one labeled 1000 and the one labeled 1500 (inclusive)

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
he means the jump at the very end of the minigame, once the coins are gone and you're left with one big ramp to launch off of, and there's sections drawn on the ground that you can land in. they're labeled from 100 to 2000 points from what i remember? the requests wants you to land somewhere between the one labeled 1000 and the one labeled 1500 (inclusive)
That quest (actually maybe a similar one that wanted you to score even lower?) pissed me off because it was the first time I got every coin without hitting any bombs in the rest of the level and then I had to tank my perfect score at the end.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
World 3 done, boom!

The boss fight was a lot of fun, and long! I used up a fair few smoothies.

I don't mean to be so crude, but after a session on this game, my rear feels great.

Last edited:

woo

Nov 11, 2017
World 3 done, boom!

The boss fight was a lot of fun, and long! I used up a fair few smoothies.

I don't mean to be so crude, but after a session on this game, my rear feels great.

Heh, I know what you mean. It is usually more my legs that feel sexy after exercise tbh but I guess I haven't been working my glutes hard enough!

*ahem*

I just finished my 20 minutes for the day and had a quick comfort break before the cool down and realised that I really enjoyed today's session. Funnily enough I got an on-screen message to the effect of: "Exercise is a journey, not a quick fix. Enjoy the trip." LOL

I finished off sexy mofo Dragaux in world 5 today and could not help but chuckle to myself in the long section before getting to him. I thought: "Oh, I bet everyone just LOVES this part!"

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I went out to buy the game after reading this thread. After reading through everyones posts, I was too curious to wait to see if someone would get it for me for Christmas. I have played through the first world so far, and if anyone is interested in becoming friends, feel free to add me: SW-2232-5936-2901 .

Impressions:

1. The game is way more polished than I thought it would be, and the quality really adds to the experience and keeps you motivated.
  2. The warnings to doing it "my pace" are valid! The game's difficulty really surprised me. I wanted to do more, but by the end I was feeling it!
  3. The music is oddly catchy. The purposeful music helps you to keep a good pace without feeling rushed.
  4. Heart rate monitor is pretty accurate if you can get your finger placement correct.
  5. The "ながら" (I don't know the english) function surprised me. It was another cool aspect of the experience that kept me working out even after i finished my session.
  6. The workout reminder is a nice touch, and I hope that it will keep me on task.

Questions:

1. Why is there no way to access your exercise data without using the ring? After my workout I wanted to look at the friend and world rankings. I was a bit disappointed that I had to get the ring out to use the main menu at all. I know that you can use the buttons, but you still have to register as using the band and the ring.
  2. Are we supposed to be able to hit items that are simultaneously on both sides of the screen? I can never hit both and usually have to choose one.
  3. Does anyone else's ring squeak slightly?

Regarding your questions:

1) yeah that's disappointing and I've noticed this before too, but ultimately not a huge deal. Hopefully they'll release an update which makes it possible later on.

2) you are supposed to be able to suck in or shoot an air blast at everything, yes. Sometimes if there are coins or something on both sides of the track I'll start pulling in before I get there to make sure I can hit them all.

3) yeah the ring will squeak a little and I'm pretty sure that's normal for this type of material.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Regarding your questions:

1) yeah that's disappointing and I've noticed this before too, but ultimately not a huge deal. Hopefully they'll release an update which makes it possible later on.

2) you are supposed to be able to suck in or shoot an air blast at everything, yes. Sometimes if there are coins or something on both sides of the track I'll start pulling in before I get there to make sure I can hit them all.

3) yeah the ring will squeak a little and I'm pretty sure that's normal for this type of material.

This game needs to be linked to the Switch App so I can look at my progress without turning on the game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yep, my upper body is super sore from bow pulling. And Dear Lord, just tried planking. Did less today because it's an arm focused section, so I'll go at it more vigorously tomorrow when I'm hopefully less sore. Still enjoying the game on Day 8.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Cornelius My ring doesn't squeak but since your comment, I have noticed that I do get sounds from the padded fabric hand pads if I change my pressure or move my hand subtly against the fabric, sometimes.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
This game needs to be linked to the Switch App so I can look at my progress without turning on the game.

This is exactly what I was thinking this morning. That it needs to have integration with other apps or at least their own app. Especially because the heart rate monitor seems to be fairly accurate. Also I wish there was an invite to play or encouragement system between players in-game. It doesn't seem that there is a way besides the 500 coin gift to even let other players know you are rooting for them (unless I missed it).

Cornelius My ring doesn't squeak but since your comment, I have noticed that I do get sounds from the padded fabric hand pads if I change my pressure or move my hand subtly against the fabric, sometimes.

At first I thought it was the pads, but its not. It seems that two pieces of plastic are rubbing where the ring-con to joy-con joint is. It's just a little squeak, so I am not worried. However, I did want to know if others had something similar going on. Btw I am loving the pads, they are so comfy!

I moved on to world 2 this morning. I had a bit of soreness but decided to keep the workout at the same level [21]. I thought about changing it from what it automatically assigned me, but I think I'm going to try to roll with it as long as I can. The workout today was twice as long as yesterday even though it didn't feel like it. Surprisingly, Just one day was enough for some form improvement which aligns with everyone else's comments. I stopped before the final boss, because I didn't want to be too sore, but I'm thinking this game is the perfect balance for me on intensity.

I also love the little health tips they included. This game is truly about reminding people in a non-aggressive, unintimidating way the potential ease of adopting better health habits. I'm wondering if this was one of the QOL products that Iwata was passionate about promoting within Nintendo. I haven't gotten to crafting and smoothies yet, but I'm hoping that they are really-life simple things that you can make and incorporate into your routine.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It finally happened. I joined the Lv 100 club and finished World 11. That was one heck of a boss fight and unexpected.

I didn't progressed as far as I want since I was right at the boss when I last played, but doing all the side quests in World 11 wiped me and I could only do one level in World 12. But can't complain since I burn like 400 calories.

Now, onwards to Lv 200!

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Been doing an hour of workout time in this every other day for about 3 weeks now, started at difficulty level 21 and worked up to 27 so far. My energy and sleep have been way better since I started, and I've already lost like 12 pounds!

The RPG progress loop is fantastic for keeping me motivated to jump back in, and I love that the skill tree actually offers more interesting choices and tradeoffs than like 95% of all modern games.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
It just occurred to me how awesome it would be if this game was VR compatible. I know there would be some potential dangers with playing the game this way but I think it would be amazing! Does anyone have the hardware and can test?

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Anyone using an Apple Watch while playing? Trying to decide if tracking the exercise as "Mixed Cardio" rather than "Fitness Gaming" would yield more accurate results. Just got the watch, and am curious! Thanks in advance!

woo

Nov 11, 2017
It just occurred to me how awesome it would be if this game was VR compatible. I know there would be some potential dangers with playing the game this way but I think it would be amazing! Does anyone have the hardware and can test?

Really, why? I am not disputing this; I am genuinely curious as I have never played a VR game.

Anyone using an Apple Watch while playing? Trying to decide if tracking the exercise as "Mixed Cardio" rather than "Fitness Gaming" would yield more accurate results. Just got the watch, and am curious! Thanks in advance!

There was some discussion of this earlier in the thread. Some people were using Fitbit IIRC but I don't exactly recall if any Apple Watch users commented on this aspect. If you use the 'search this thread only' (or whatever it's called) option in a Search you should be able to find it, I would have thought. I don't have any such device so cannot comment further, I'm afraid.

Just got this game and this is amazing. My family is absolutely loving it.

🐱 👍

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I still have yet to see a negative impression of this game from someone who has played it.

I don't think I've ever seen such overwhelming positivity about a video game.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they will ever add a two player mode? I'd love to get extra rings etc and the family could do it together

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Joined the 100 club an hour ago at the end of World 12.
Seems like I need to do more requests bc most of you seem to hit 100 at W11.

I use the Apple Watch set to Fitness Games.
No idea if other settings yield better results but I doubt it.
At the end of the the day the Watch is just a heart rate monitor.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
There was some discussion of this earlier in the thread. Some people were using Fitbit IIRC but I don't exactly recall if any Apple Watch users commented on this aspect. If you use the 'search this thread only' (or whatever it's called) option in a Search you should be able to find it, I would have thought. I don't have any such device so cannot comment further, I'm afraid.

I use the Apple Watch set to Fitness Games.
No idea if other settings yield better results but I doubt it.
At the end of the the day the Watch is just a heart rate monitor.
Sweet, thanks!

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

It's kind of nice to keep the watch on, so you can check out your workout sessions on your phone.

That said, I'm not really sure how choosing Cycling as opposed to Jogging or whatever really changes the calorie estimate.
All the Watch gets is heart rate data and the height/weight/age data you put in.

IMO the type or workout is just there for you to keep track of your activities.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Really, why? I am not disputing this; I am genuinely curious as I have never played a VR game.

I just think it would be cool in VR. The connection between body and graphics would be amazing. Also, I wouldn't have to play in hand-held mode when my family wants to use the TV. :P

----------------------------

You all reminded me I keep forgetting to wear my apple watch. Today the game said that I burned 100 calories but I wonder what my watch would have said since this doesn't count calories when not exercising. Some people commented on squats not registering the further you go, and I wonder if this is not purposeful to get you to go deeper/lower. Today I had a few misfires and it seems I wasn't as low as the graphic.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I still have yet to see a negative impression of this game from someone who has played it.

Indeed; it is refreshing to see almost 100% positivity about anything nowadays, let alone a game.

Do you think they will ever add a two player mode? I'd love to get extra rings etc and the family could do it together

No, tbh. Perhaps that would be the justification for a sequel. I would have no use for that mode but if it means a new game then count me in! I still have months worth of this game to get through and that's without
NG+ and NG++
!

Joined the 100 club an hour ago at the end of World 12.
Seems like I need to do more requests bc most of you seem to hit 100 at W11.

Level 50 for me today at world seven (sorry, losing track and can't be arsed to check).
I do requests when I want a breather, want to get going before a big challenge or wind down before I do the cool down. I am generally over levelled right now but I just discovered today that I can put the difficulty setting up manually if I go into the advanced settings (do'h) so I shall be glad of not having to keep answering the same questions again and again when I have to re-do them as the difficulty level wasn't what I was looking for, as happened today before I found that out 🤦‍♂️ .

*bows*

I just think it would be cool in VR. The connection between body and graphics would be amazing. Also, I wouldn't have to play in hand-held mode when my family wants to use the TV. :P

Right you are. I bow to your greater knowledge sah.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This just seems like a good way to cause injury for minimal gains.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
No, tbh. Perhaps that would be the justification for a sequel. I would have no use for that mode but if it means a new game then count me in! I still have months worth of this game to get through and that's without
NG+ and NG++
!
It's become an issue because everyone is enjoying it so much I have a wife and kids that also want to play. Obviously we're taking turns but I definitely think there's an opportunity to add multiplayer. Like you said maybe in a sequel.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not going crazy here am I, the music on the smoothie making screen is the same as the Wii shop?

I don't think so but I am going to have to check this now that you mentioned that.

It's become an issue because everyone is enjoying it so much I have a wife and kids that also want to play. Obviously we're taking turns but I definitely think there's an opportunity to add multiplayer. Like you said maybe in a sequel.

I hope that you and many other families, no doubt, get your wish! Perhaps it's possible to add it to this one but unless they made this one with that possibility in mind I have to wonder if it would be. I know bugger all about game development though so I wouldn't bank on that being correct.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so but I am going to have to check this now that you mentioned that.

I hope that you and many other families, no doubt, get your wish! Perhaps it's possible to add it to this one but unless they made this one with that possibility in mind I have to wonder if it would be. I know bugger all about game development though so I wouldn't bank on that being correct.

I've just had a listen to the Wii shop music on YouTube and they are very similar ☺️

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I've just had a listen to the Wii shop music on YouTube and they are very similar ☺

The Wii Shop music was awesome. It was the title music to a Nintendo podcast I used to like years ago so it is pretty ingrained into my brain. It would not surprise me if it is similar. I have noticed the odd sound file that reminds me of a previous game but that is often the way with Nintendo games given the commonality of staff involved.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
My left foot is hurting this morning :(

It's the same pain I used to get from having plantar fasciitis which is why I stopped running a few months ago. I may have to try silent mode next time I'm on the game.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017

It is realy impressive. It is not impossible to find some negative stuff but even if they played it, often it ends up being stuff about the beginning that gets better later or something like that. And even those bad impressions still have postitive things to say about it.

I think what helps the word of mouth alot is that the Game isn't scared to take its Time to show you everything it has to offer and it just gets better the further you get into the game.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My left foot is hurting this morning :(

It's the same pain I used to get from having plantar fasciitis which is why I stopped running a few months ago. I may have to try silent mode next time I'm on the game.
Yeah I think you do mini squats so it will at least remove any impact at all.

Can/have you tried different shoes and insoles etc? In the UK some fancy running shops with film/analyse your gait and recommend shoes based on that. It can get pricey though!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think you do mini squats so it will at least remove any impact at all.

Can/have you tried different shoes and insoles etc? In the UK some fancy running shops with film/analyse your gait and recommend shoes based on that. It can get pricey though!

I've got some insoles in my trainers at the moment that I wear everyday, they do help ease the pain a little.

I've never been to one of those fancy running shops, I know I should, but this time of the year isn't easy when it comes to the old financial situation.

What doesn't help is that I've just come back from a 2 week break to Orlando and there was a LOT of walking and standing around there, my poor feet got ruined.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've got some insoles in my trainers at the moment that I wear everyday, they do help ease the pain a little.

I've never been to one of those fancy running shops, I know I should, but this time of the year isn't easy when it comes to the old financial situation.

What doesn't help is that I've just come back from a 2 week break to Orlando and there was a LOT of walking and standing around there, my poor feet got ruined.
Ah - sorry to hear that - maybe the doctor can prescribe some pediatirc treatment?

I don't have any specific recommendations as I've not been to one in years but some of those running shops really know what they're doing/talking about...(and some of them just try to sell over-priced shoes).

woo

Nov 11, 2017
A rest day today for me after 4 days straight of the Adventure mode. I went on to bank my '500' though and as soon as the music started I soooo wanted to play. I was a good boy and just did the warm up for the points. It was a very close run thing though. The only thing that stopped me was the thought that I would come back to it tomorrow feeling fresh and ready to tackle world 7.

I did, however, make a smoothie and can definitely see what you mean about the Wii Shop Channel music Jonnykong. There is definitely more than the hint of it in there. So sorry to hear about your foot though; I hope that you are able to sort it out so that it doesn't become a real issue again for you and doesn't stop you from your RFA fun. Speaking of which, does anyone know how Timppis is getting on? Is he still in his death bed?

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I did, however, make a smoothie and can definitely see what you mean about the Wii Shop Channel music Jonnykong. There is definitely more than the hint of it in there. So sorry to hear about your foot though; I hope that you are able to sort it out so that it doesn't become a real issue again for you and doesn't stop you from your RFA fun. Speaking of which, does anyone know how Timppis is getting on? Is he still in his death bed?

Thank you for asking. Not on deathbed but I did develop a slight myocarditis which means that I can excercise only after my infection values are lowered back to safe thresholds.

Reminder to everyone. Take illness and your body seriously.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Wikipedia said:
Wikipedia said:
, also known as inflammatory cardiomyopathy, is inflammation of the heart muscle. Symptoms can include shortness of breath, chest pain, decreased ability to exercise, and an irregular heartbeat.

Chirst, Timppis, that sounds like some serious shit 😲 . Are you alright? I thought your previous conditions were bad enough. I hope that everything is really okay and that you'll be back to fighting fitness soon.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
I find it a bit odd that in the dialog they frequently mention push-ups (at least in the German translation), but they don't seem to be available as an exercise in the game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, world 13 is no joke. I can do maybe 2 levels per day.

Thank you for asking. Not on deathbed but I did develop a slight myocarditis which means that I can excercise only after my infection values are lowered back to safe thresholds.

Reminder to everyone. Take illness and your body seriously.

Feel better, Rakeesh.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Chirst, Timppis, that sounds like some serious shit 😲 . Are you alright? I thought your previous conditions were bad enough. I hope that everything is really okay and that you'll be back to fighting fitness soon.
It's serious, but it's also something that you can deal with. Basically I just can't get my heart rate up at all. Which of course as a father of two extremely physically oriented small boys is easy as a cherry pie :)

It'll be something between two and six weeks if everything goes ok.

Man, world 13 is no joke. I can do maybe 2 levels per day.
Feel better, Rakeesh.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Timppis Well that's the good news, I guess. I don't wish to pry but do you have enough people around you to help take the strain, family wise, so that you don't overdo it? Wishing you all the very best 🤗. Be good and look after yourself!

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Timppis Well that's the good news, I guess. I don't wish to pry but do you have enough people around you to help take the strain, family wise, so that you don't overdo it? Wishing you all the very best 🤗. Be good and look after yourself!
Thanks. I've got a good circle of close family and relatives to help us around with stuff.

I'll be sure to come back to the Thread as soon as I start pounding that Dragaux again :)

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks. I've got a good circle of close family and relatives to help us around with stuff.

I'll be sure to come back to the Thread as soon as I start pounding that Dragaux again :)

Good, that is quite a relief. Please do take there though.

You know that I took your second comment in a way that you may not have intended, right? 😊.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Picking up Ring Fit as a Christmas gift. Any recommendations for a yoga mat to pair along with this? Reviews on Amazon seem all over the place

woo

Nov 11, 2017
You don't need a yoga/fitness mat. If you've got an old blanket just use that. That's what I do; saves some money and saves waste.