• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Are we good to machine wash the leg strap?

Nintendo says not, according to an earlier discussion about it ITT but I think that if you put it in a washing bag on a low temperature or delicate setting, it should probably be alright.

Want to be the guinea pig for the rest of us? 😛

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Did a light session today since I'm not feeling too great. I finally discovered why I lost a battle; on top of not preparing smoothies and being a little under-leveled, I literally missed an area that had a fairly sizable upgrade to my current exercise rotation just sitting there. It wasn't hidden or anything, I was just being dumb by not even thinking to check it out.

Something I'm starting to really appreciate about this game on my 10th day is how positive and mellow the game is, in the sense that It doesn't insist you keep up with a strict schedule or make you set a pre-defined daily goal that you'll potentially feel bad about not achieving later. It simply asks if you're willing to raise the difficulty (even asks if you want to turn that off for a bit later on if you keep to the same difficulty) and whether or not you want to stretch, then a bunch of positive reinforcement. As someone with a pretty haphazard schedule, it's nice to have an exercise-focused activity that doesn't make me feel bad about missing a day or not reaching the same amount of exercise from day to day.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It's serious, but it's also something that you can deal with. Basically I just can't get my heart rate up at all. Which of course as a father of two extremely physically oriented small boys is easy as a cherry pie :)

It'll be something between two and six weeks if everything goes ok.

Get better soon. I'll pray for you and your family.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
Something I'm starting to really appreciate about this game on my 10th day is how positive and mellow the game is, in the sense that It doesn't insist you keep up with a strict schedule or make you set a pre-defined daily goal that you'll potentially feel bad about not achieving later. It simply asks if you're willing to raise the difficulty (even asks if you want to turn that off for a bit later on if you keep to the same difficulty) and whether or not you want to stretch, then a bunch of positive reinforcement. As someone with a pretty haphazard schedule, it's nice to have an exercise-focused activity that doesn't make me feel bad about missing a day or not reaching the same amount of exercise from day to day.
yeah, that's absolutely been a huge deal for me and i'm really glad they went for that attitude! i tend to have a really hard time with avoidance spirals as soon as i miss a single day of something, and RFA's attitude towards it has helped negate that way more than i would've ever expected it to

yckmd_

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
i tend to have a really hard time with avoidance spirals as soon as i miss a single day of something, and RFA's attitude towards it has helped negate that way more than i would've ever expected it to

Yeah, same here. I missed two days in a row (hoping to get back into it after work today) and I'm trying not to go so hard on myself, but the positivity of the game has really helped in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
I started doing ring fit this weekend and my legs were sore from doing all those squats. I thought they were doing better until I went to work this morning. I live on the third floor.

Every step was a nightmare.

I still want to try to at least do at least 15 minutes everyday. I'm just going to try to avoid leg exercises.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I started doing ring fit this weekend and my legs were sore from doing all those squats. I thought they were doing better until I went to work this morning. I live on the third floor.

Every step was a nightmare.

I still want to try to at least do at least 15 minutes everyday. I'm just going to try to avoid leg exercises.

I had similar issues with the squats early on but as your body and muscles adjust you'll probably find them to be a bit easier fairly quickly.

That's not to say there won't be days your hamstrings are killing you again (like the other day for me when I had to do 78 squats in 3 minutes to progress through a level) but squats in general get easier pretty quickly once you've done a few days of them.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
How much noise do you make using the ring?
I'm considering getting this to exercise a bit early in the morning, while the kids are asleep, but I wouldn't dare making the slightest noise that could wake them up. :P

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
How much noise do you make using the ring?
I'm considering getting this to exercise a bit early in the morning, while the kids are asleep, but I wouldn't dare making the slightest noise that could wake them up. :P

I think most of the noise from the Ring itself comes from the Joy Cons Vibrating, if you turn that off it should be no Problem I think. Otherwise the Game should be no Problem with noise if you use silent Mode. If you find an Exercice to be too loud for you, you should be able to skip and not use it if you don't want to.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I think most of the noise from the Ring itself comes from the Joy Cons Vibrating, if you turn that off it should be no Problem I think. Otherwise the Game should be no Problem with noise if you use silent Mode. If you find an Exercice to be too loud for you, you should be able to skip and not use it if you don't want to.

Awesome, thanks!

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017

Fully agree. It is so much better than many other fitness apps / programs / whatever, where they constantly try to tell you that if you are totally exhausted, it is time for one more round, "no pain no gain", and other bullshit.

woo

Nov 11, 2017

What about sound from the tv though? Are you going to be using some wireless earphones, or something?

Fully agree. It is so much better than many other fitness apps / programs / whatever, where they constantly try to tell you that if you are totally exhausted, it is time for one more round, "no pain no gain", and other bullshit.

Yes, I hate that macho gym bro bullshit. I once saw someone on Twitter say: "Remember, pain is just weakness leaving your body". 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Just got me this thing, really stoked to try it out soon.

What I'm wondering though, is how strong this ring is. Like, is it okay for me to squeeze it all the way together, for example?

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland

What I'm wondering though, is how strong this ring is. Like, is it okay for me to squeeze it all the way together, for example?

most of what i've heard from people is that the ring is more solid than your average pilates ring, which are already pretty dang hard to break. i haven't heard of anyone who damaged it by squeezing all the way together so far - one person i know slightly cracked the plastic piece at the top, but it's likely that was a manufacturing defect because i haven't heard of that happening to anyone else (either in this thread or in other places i've seen discussion on the game)

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh - didn't know there was an OT!

Been doing this as a supplement after weight lifting days. It really sneaks up on ya. Really enjoying it so far, definitely worth the cost for me.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
I am in world 21 now should maybe take 1-2 weeks until i finish the main game. Bosses seem to get harder and harder like using debuffs while stopping you from using items. But i have to say I never felt this good defeating bosses in a game. Realy interested in how the end boss will be.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I am in world 21 now should maybe take 1-2 weeks until i finish the main game. Bosses seem to get harder and harder like using debuffs while stopping you from using items. But i have to say I never felt this good defeating bosses in a game. Realy interested in how the end boss will be.

Nice! Just finished world 16 myself and it absolutely exhausted me (on difficulty 24) today, but I have never been more satisfied after completing those requests.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Today was my eleventh day in the Adventure mode according to the game log. I put it up to difficulty level 12 (my highest so far) and actually enjoyed the increased challenge. However, one cardio check did give me a 'good workout' reading which I don't believe I have had before. Usually, I get a 'very light' or 'light' workout reading. I certainly perspired more than normal; good, I could do with losing some of this old man girth!

Just for fun, I went into the difficulty settings to see what levels it would give me for the following:

male
I exercise a lot (well I do now, thanks to you, RFA)
extreme - 22
intense -19
moderate - 14
casual - 6

So RFA doesn't think us ol' fellas can keep up with you young whippersnappers above difficulty level 22, eh?! We'll see about that! In about two years, probably.

By contrast, on day one I told it that I didn't exercise at all and wanted a casual experience and it gave me a difficulty level of 1. I bet that it would have given me a negative number if that were possible 😸 . Still, in two weeks I am pretty pleased with my progress. I shall be interested to see what checkup results I give soon. Hopefully, some of test results will be improved since I have been actually moving my body with RFA.

Oh yes. I happened to glance down at it earlier when I was squeezing it in and the two sides were practically touching in the middle. It's a robust little thing.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Being this is a Nintendo game I'm assuming it's not really going to go down In price? I really need to start exercising again and this seems like a good way.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
Being this is a Nintendo game I'm assuming it's not really going to go down In price? I really need to start exercising again and this seems like a good way.
it's unlikely to officially go down in price a lot (especially since it comes with extra peripherals) but you could always get lucky and have it discounted at a shop near you or something. i'm not in the US (and idk if you are either) but i've seen it go from roughly $70-90 USD here depending on retailer alone

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

If you're in the US or Canada, and it didn't go down in price anywhere this week...

You can any physical game a little cheaper at Walmart if you happen to live in North America. But, yes, if you're not in the US, keep an eye out. The price varies quite a bit from retailer to retailer.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
After about two weeks, I put squats back in my Moveset since the advance Wide Squats was too good (hits everyone and has a base of 210 damage). After two days, my legs are telling me this was a bad idea.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
After about two weeks, I put squats back in my Moveset since the advance Wide Squats was too good (hits everyone and has a base of 210 damage). After two days, my legs are telling me this was a bad idea.
I've taken the default Squats out because, as the difficulty has risen, the reps have gone up to something nuts like 35. I'm not sure that many squats is good for anyone's knees, and my left knee is already a bit unstable from a weightlifting injury. I haven't unlocked the wide squats yet, so I might follow suit and put them back in later.

Right now the planks are my enemy, and I've kept them in for precisely that reason. 30+ reps of those leaves me panting on the floor and clutching my abs like I've been kicked in the stomach. I'm primarily using Ring Fit Adventure to improve my core strength, flexibility, and cardio endurance, though, so that ticks all the boxes.

On the whole, I think this is a terrific package. Every time I find myself thinking "I wish it had X," it turns out X is either already covered or just around the corner. There are literally no rough edges to this thing whatsoever.

The only thing I think it's missing (watch it prove me wrong tomorrow) is some sort of endless circuits mode. I know you can build your own workouts, but I'm envisioning a circular running track that you keep jogging around, pausing to do planks or some other move at set intervals, and then carrying on jogging - repeating until you decide to stop. I know that's kind of against the game's ethos that you do a very varied workout for a short span of time, but sometimes I feel as though I want to keep running and focusing on a single other exercise for longer than even the longest adventure mode levels provide.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying the game, up to world 8, but the ending is me punching Ring in the face and telling him to shut the fuck up right? And stick that annoying victory pose up wherever his arse is?

Only other complaints are dumb tracking errors that fortunately aren't constant and not being able to create a character that doesn't look like a smug looking motherfucker.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit World 8 last night. (Lv 52 / difficulty 27 / 7hrs active time ). Really enjoying it. I'd like a few more running levels as it's got a bit boss-fight heavy, and that can be a bit repetitive as a few in a row only have a few moves worth doing.

Getting a bit better with squats, though I don't know if my positioning is off but I find it hard for it to ever trigger the full-power one. And the planks can just fuck off altogether. Though I think I might also not have the best surface to do it on. Getting a nice mix of skills though to swap through and the Skill Tree is making is more interesting.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys have a favorite exercise skill? Chair pose is my favorite so far but I'm really early. I only have front press, overhead press, knee to chest, that twisting move, squats and chair pose. I'm looking forward to getting more yoga skills, I like how the music gets all mellow, you have to do the move slowly, and the attack being a lotus flower is amusing to me. But I'm kind of surprised I even have a favorite exercise or am looking forward to more given I generally hate this kind of "stand still and do this repetitive motion" exercise.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
Getting a bit better with squats, though I don't know if my positioning is off but I find it hard for it to ever trigger the full-power one.
do you put the strap up fairly high on your leg? several people have reported that putting it too high up their thigh or having it a little off to the side gave them problems with the game registering squats correctly. i usually go about 2-3" above the top of my knee and i've never had tracking issues with squats

Do you guys have a favorite exercise skill? Chair pose is my favorite so far but I'm really early. I only have front press, overhead press, knee to chest, that twisting move, squats and chair pose. I'm looking forward to getting more yoga skills, I like how the music gets all mellow, you have to do the move slowly, and the attack being a lotus flower is amusing to me. But I'm kind of surprised I even have a favorite exercise or am looking forward to more given I generally hate this kind of "stand still and do this repetitive motion" exercise.
my favorites in terms of "this feels good and is easy" are probably the bow pull, tricep kickbacks and thigh press? those feel like freebies hehe

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Holy Moly!

Got this on a whim and it feels quite fun. After the first session to get some sweat going I can say that this thing feels quite intuitive and easy to use.

Can you compare your track results to your friends'?

On that note, I'm kinda thinking of loosing some weight as I'm indeed a walrus. Interesting to see where this takes me come summer. Anyone else serious about a project like that? I'm 38yrs 300 lbs.

EDIT: Obviously, I'm also doing proper exercising like swimming and the gym. And, proper diet.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
If you're in the US or Canada, and it didn't go down in price anywhere this week...

You can any physical game a little cheaper at Walmart if you happen to live in North America. But, yes, if you're not in the US, keep an eye out. The price varies quite a bit from retailer to retailer.
I do have a walmart near me. I forgot they run 10 bucks off some games, I'll check it out next time I'm in there.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
I think I overdid it a little bit, i feel a little bit of pain in my knee now. will take a rest from the game until its fine again.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
You could also focus on different parts of your body. Just take out squats and knee lifts etc. and train your upper arms.

I thought about that too but even the running parts will be tough without putting any pressure on my knee (i am very overweight). Maybe i will do some exercises outside of adventure mode that just target the arms and stuff.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone ever accidentally let the ring slip and hit your junk while doing ab guards? This happens to me like once every play session and I feel like an idiot.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

My favorites right now are Boat Pose and Knee Lift combo. The boat pose because it's so satisfying to actually be able to do it correctly after I struggled with it when I first got it, and the knee lift combo just because it's a nice bit of aerobics that feels good to do every now and then. Plus you get the level 2 version of it really quickly.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying the game, up to world 8, but the ending is me punching Ring in the face and telling him to shut the fuck up right? And stick that annoying victory pose up wherever his arse is?

Only other complaints are dumb tracking errors that fortunately aren't constant and not being able to create a character that doesn't look like a smug looking motherfucker.

You can silence Ring in the options menu I believe.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Good bye wide squats. I no longer need you so go die.

It's the overhead squats that can jump in a river for me. I'm just not that flexible lol

Oh. Did anyone else just want to die after trying out mountain climbers? Holy mother of hell I fell to the floor after those.

Still loving this game after 5 weeks though. I was ill recently so didn't exercise for a week and instead of continuing the game I went back and redone the previous world's which was nice because I nailed all the side quests too and found myself spending longer on the game and just spreading the calories out for longer. In the end I still racked up the same calories which was nice.

And replaying the levels is still fun as hell. One particular aspect I love is mastering the yoga moves. It takes me a few goes as I've nearly lost balance and fallen over before lol

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been able to get back on this for a few days cos I have a cold :( I feel guilty as hell for it as well.

Hopefully tomorrow night, if not, Friday.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
According to the game, I did over 1000 squats and my legs feel it. I low key hate the leg skills in this game.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Are there some better arm exercises later in the game? All the red exercises that actually feel like exercises are very low on damage, while the high damage ones so far are all super easy, like turning your arms quickly or moving them in a circle above your head.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Sixth day in a row (since I got the game), I got stuck on World 3 because I was not listening on the smoothies and I died twice. After I finally got world 4, the world select said World 3 is only 70% complete. I am going through the stages but I can't figure out where i missed something?!

Along with he smoothie thing, I also had to start actually playing it as an RPG. At first I was simply putting it on shuffle and going through like guided exercise but after my first death I realized that is not going to fly.

Also I am LVL 20 and just got plank >_< . I love this move because it feels so good and so bad at the same time lol. The first time I did it i got to 6-7 and then felt like i got kicked in the stomach. Overall, i am loving the game and honestly I can notice that it has "awakened" some dormant muscles.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sixth day in a row (since I got the game), I got stuck on World 3 because I was not listening on the smoothies and I died twice. After I finally got world 4, the world select said World 3 is only 70% complete. I am going through the stages but I can't figure out where i missed something?!

Along with he smoothie thing, I also had to start actually playing it as an RPG. At first I was simply putting it on shuffle and going through like guided exercise but after my first death I realized that is not going to fly.

Also I am LVL 20 and just got plank >_< . I love this move because it feels so good and so bad at the same time lol. The first time I did it i got to 6-7 and then felt like i got kicked in the stomach. Overall, i am loving the game and honestly I can notice that it has "awakened" some dormant muscles.

You get access to requests somewhere in World 4, once you do, requests start getting unlocked in previous worlds. They don't always unlock at once so just make sure to check back every now and then.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
You get access to requests somewhere in World 4, once you do, requests start getting unlocked in previous worlds. They don't always unlock at once so just make sure to check back every now and then.

Thanks! You just saved me a bunch of time, and now I get to move on to world 4. :)

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
Are there some better arm exercises later in the game? All the red exercises that actually feel like exercises are very low on damage, while the high damage ones so far are all super easy, like turning your arms quickly or moving them in a circle above your head.

Later you get stronger versions of each exercice so the exercices that are low damage now will be higher damage in the future. For example overhead press, squats and chair pose are my strongest single target attacks right now.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Even those supposed super easy ones start to hurt when you have to do 40 to 50 reps of them, especially if you're tire already.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Later you get stronger versions of each exercice so the exercices that are low damage now will be higher damage in the future. For example overhead press, squats and chair pose are my strongest single target attacks right now.

Nice, that's good to know. Thanks.

Even those supposed super easy ones start to hurt when you have to do 40 to 50 reps of them, especially if you're tire already.

Eh, I don't know, so far these felt more like they belong to the cooldown section.