• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this in awhile, but I went back to it today since I'll be going back to work tomorrow. Only did a couple levels (and a mini-game) but it's just as fun as I remembered.

Somehow I knew that the leg level was gonna make me do a ton of squats even without me having that skill assigned lol

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first session in about 6 days tonight and world 7 killed me, so much cardio!

Also, I tried offline mode for the first time yesterday, so it was nice to have those extra coins and xp waiting for me when I came on.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Had a SIXTEEN DAY BREAK due to the holidays!! Got back on it today and finished World 10, it was only a 25 min workout and I was dead, dead I tell you, by the end of it. So much so that even the overhead arm twist and knee lifts were a struggle towards the end!

But still, back on it now and looking forward to sticking with it all year.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I have a big new year's eve party this afternoon/evening so I told myself I'd take it easy and do a short and light workout this morning.

45 minutes and 350 calories later... Whoops.

How are you managing 350 calories? When I do a 45 min workout it's between 200-250 calories, is it based on our age, weight etc as I know that this affects how many calories you burn when working out, I think.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
How are you managing 350 calories? When I do a 45 min workout it's between 200-250 calories, is it based on our age, weight etc as I know that this affects how many calories you burn when working out, I think.

I honestly don't know. It might be because I basically sprint through every level so maybe I'm doing more in less time? I'm also at a stage where my attacks are very strong compared to the enemies so each battle is not taking much time at all.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My jaw dropped yesterday when
The skill tree expanded

This game man...

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Today I did 40 minutes and burned 315. I did a lot of short levels, and a lot of running levels too.

Also possibly a big part of it is that I tend to gravitate more towards the "aerobic" exercises rather than the strength ones. Things like knee lift, sidestep, standing twist. Those probably burn a lot more calories per set than something like overhead press since those involve a lot more cardio.

My jaw dropped yesterday when
The skill tree expanded

This game man...

Your jaw will likely drop a few more times then.

Last edited:

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Also possibly a big part of it is that I tend to gravitate more towards the "aerobic" exercises rather than the strength ones. Things like knee lift, sidestep, standing twist. Those probably burn a lot more calories per set than something like overhead press since those involve a lot more cardio.

This could be it, only around 2 of my exercises are more aerobic, the rest are toning, that would probably explain it.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Your jaw will likely drop a few more times then.

I had this happen out of the blue a few days ago. It took me completely by surprise and I was really delighted that it happened. My problem now, however, is that all the good
skills I can buy are four turn cool-downs so I am busily crossing all my fingers that I have not maxed out the number of moves I can carry with me into a course

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Started going to the gym again and I'm using this for endurance/stamina and to supplement my lifting when possible. Game is as fun as ever but now difficulty level 22 is kinda easy. May just bump it again even though 24 killed me the first day I started playing.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody tell me how I can look at all of my daily stats from playing mini-games? Or is that a thing?

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I'm pretty addicted, played four days in a row. I love it! Just got to the fourth world.

How's everyone doing? Has there been any major transformations? This is slowly replacing going to the gym for me.

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed that doing squats in Ring Fit has actually really helped with my squats in the gym, before when I used to be at the bottom of a squat I felt that I was never going to come back up, even if I was actually fine.

Now after a couple weeks of playing I feel much stronger and confident that I can get back up easily.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
As a person who loves walking, running, and hiking, I'm no stranger to cardio. However this game is making my feet hurt in a way I haven't really experienced before: my toes lol. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but when I'm running in place, I'm sort of running on my toes. I tried doing it flat-feeted but it feels unnatural. I know the pain will go over before long, but I'll take a break until then

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
As a person who loves walking, running, and hiking, I'm no stranger to cardio. However this game is making my feet hurt in a way I haven't really experienced before: my toes lol. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but when I'm running in place, I'm sort of running on my toes. I tried doing it flat-feeted but it feels unnatural. I know the pain will go over before long, but I'll take a break until then

It hurts my feet a bit as well, I think it is the running on the spot, it doesn't feel natural.

The pain normally does away whilst I'm playing the game, it's the day after when I can still feel it lingering.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've been looking everywhere for this in the UK and can't find it anywhere at all. Ready to pull the trigger on but it's just not in stock anywhere.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen some people saying their local Asda stores have some in stock, so maybe try there, or other supermarkets?

Yeah I just tried the local Asda near me, they had it on display so I thought great, got one. Took it to the counter and they said they forgot to put the out of stock label on it lol.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I'm pretty addicted, played four days in a row. I love it! Just got to the fourth world.

How's everyone doing? Has there been any major transformations? This is slowly replacing going to the gym for me.

Nice 🐱 .

I've lost a bunch of weight, inches off my waist and am definitely stronger and more physically capable. Pretty surprising since you won't get fit unless you go to a gym, apparently. Yes, that was sarcasm.

It sounds like you are trying to actually run on the spot which you really can't do. Try to think of it more as lifting your heels up and down which then moves your legs up and down a bit. If you have a look at Tipp, the faceless avatar his heels barely leave the floor. That's the movement you want to be going for. At times my toes remain firmly on the floor and I just lift my heels up and down alternatively and the game still recognises it as the correct movement. I have done this if my calves feel tight until they loosen up but they seem to have adjusted to the regular exercise now so I don't do this unless I am pooped at the end of a long session. Still, the point remains, you don't need to actually move like you are really running on the spot. Hope that makes sense!

I've been looking everywhere for this in the UK and can't find it anywhere at all. Ready to pull the trigger on but it's just not in stock anywhere.

Argos ebay had it in stock a few days ago apparently but I can't see it on there at the moment although my google fu may be in error. Also, CEX have 3 copies available but at £70 which is the actual new full price which is a bit of a piss take but there you are. Hopefully Nintendo have copies in transit to restock Europe after the end of year sales rush but that is not knowledge on my part. One would hope that they would do that! They do not seem to have commented publicly on stock issues so hopefully no news is good news. I hope you are able to find a copy soon!

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like you are trying to actually run on the spot which you really can't do. Try to think of it more as lifting your heels up and down which then moves your legs up and down a bit. If you have a look at Tipp, the faceless avatar his heels barely leave the floor. That's the movement you want to be going for. At times my toes remain firmly on the floor and I just lift my heels up and down alternatively and the game still recognises it as the correct movement. I have done this if my calves feel tight until they loosen up but they seem to have adjusted to the regular exercise now so I don't do this unless I am pooped at the end of a long session. Still, the point remains, you don't need to actually move like you are really running on the spot. Hope that makes sense!

I don't think this is accurate. IIRC at the start of the game you can choose whether you want to play in silent mode or not, and I think what you're describing is the silent mode, which doesn't seem as fun.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I don't think this is accurate. IIRC at the start of the game you can choose whether you want to play in silent mode or not, and I think what you're describing is the silent mode, which doesn't seem as fun.

Nope, the silent mode is shallow squats which is a completely different movement. I do not have it set on silent mode and the movement I described works a treat and has done for over a month.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It does seem rather silly of Nintendo to not make sure there's enough of these in stock around the time of New Year when people want to start doing more exercise.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It does seem rather silly of Nintendo to not make sure there's enough of these in stock around the time of New Year when people want to start doing more exercise.

It's obviously not intentional. The ring is a pretty uncommon manufacturing item for them, and it would probably be more expensive to open up new production lines for it during the holidays (when all production lines are busy) than to just wait until the holidays are over and more slowly replenish stock.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It's obviously not intentional. The ring is a pretty uncommon manufacturing item for them, and it would probably be more expensive to open up new production lines for it during the holidays (when all production lines are busy) than to just wait until the holidays are over and more slowly replenish stock.

You are totally right, I wasn't really thinking straight when I called them silly.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So there was a request in world 19 that had me doing a battle gym (with 5 waves) where I'm only allowed to attack one enemy each turn. Meaning, I can only use single target exercises. That was such a fun change of pace for me, the game had started to get pretty easy on me until I tried that. Such a grueling battle.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Just copy Tipp, the faceless avatar on the left of the screen at the beginning of a course. It's easy to tune him out mentally but he is always a handy guide to how the game wants you to do each exercise. Good luck!

Again, I don't really think that's accurate, or we're talking about different things ^^'

I am looking at the faceless avatar, and it is indeed telling me to lift my feet. The avatar runs like this: (timestamp 16:26)

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Again, I don't really think that's accurate, or we're talking about different things ^^'

I am looking at the faceless avatar, and it is indeed telling me to lift my feet. The avatar runs like this: (timestamp 16:26)

Barely though, especially when squeezing the ringcon after a few seconds of the timestamp you mention, which was part of my point. I suggest you copy Tipp and see how you get on.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Is it possible / fun to play this game in a multiplayer setting? Do you just take turns for mini games?

Should I be worried about the ring wearing out?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible / fun to play this game in a multiplayer setting? Do you just take turns for mini games?

It's possible I guess, but I doubt it would be terribly fun.

As for the ring I don't think there's any reason to worry about it, the build quality is excellent. I've never actually seen anyone break it or have any issues with it.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Do hearts / smoothies get more plentiful as you progress? I'm not enjoying that mechanic at all so far (only on world 3, though). Trying to include Ring Fit in my game-based workout routine along with BoxVR and the Thrill of the Fight on Quest.

I increased the level to challenge myself working out, and it increases the number of exercises, which is good. However, it also seems to increase enemy damage hugely without providing the means to combat this. Considering how many worlds there are, if I'm already dying purely due to enemy damage on world 3, it has me feeling the latter stages of the game won't be very fun.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do hearts / smoothies get more plentiful as you progress? I'm not enjoying that mechanic at all so far (only on world 3, though). Trying to include Ring Fit in my game-based workout routine along with BoxVR and the Thrill of the Fight on Quest.

I increased the level to challenge myself working out, and it increases the number of exercises, which is good. However, it also seems to increase enemy damage hugely without providing the means to combat this. Considering how many worlds there are, if I'm already dying purely due to enemy damage on world 3, it has me feeling the latter stages of the game won't be very fun.

Later worlds will have side quests start opening up which will both level you up and help the grind for more ingredients. It should get easier.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I can't imagine it being fun whatsoever multiplayer. Nor do I think it'd be terribly beneficial health-wise to be taking constant microbreaks in between each exercise. At some point you're legitimately better off going on long walks.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
PaulLFC IIRC World four is the start of the game taking the training wheels off so you will find things start to ease up and give you more options.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks, that's great. If I keep dying maybe I'll cheat a bit and drop the level until I hit world 4.

Sounds like a plan. Do you have any exercises to heal during a battle, yet? Just to give you an idea of what you have to look forward to: I am in world 15 now, level 130 something and difficulty level of 19 and I haven't used a smoothie for ages. I sometimes do one of the healing exercises to get some hearts back mid fight but not very often at all. So what I'm trying to say, I think, is that you are right at the beginning of the game and it will get much easier from here (in terms of dying or potentially dying). You will only have a few hearts right now so a fight can easily go pear shaped as you don't have much wiggle room. As you play you will level up, get more hearts, have more smoothies than you know what to do with and have exercises to regain hearts if you need to use them. I struggled early one too; I think that's quite normal with RFA. Before too long you really won't have to worry about dying and will be free to focus on getting in a good workout which is how it should be, really. Have fun! World 4 is the start of things getting a bit more interesting so enjoy!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a plan. Do you have any exercises to heal during a battle, yet? Just to give you an idea of what you have to look forward to: I am in world 15 now, level 130 something and difficulty level of 19 and I haven't used a smoothie for ages. I sometimes do one of the healing exercises to get some hearts back mid fight but not very often at all. So what I'm trying to say, I think, is that you are right at the beginning of the game and it will get much easier from here (in terms of dying or potentially dying). You will only have a few hearts right now so a fight can easily go pear shaped as you don't have much wiggle room. As you play you will level up, get more hearts, have more smoothies than you know what to do with and have exercises to regain hearts if you need to use them. I struggled early one too; I think that's quite normal with RFA. Before too long you really won't have to worry about dying and will be free to focus on getting in a good workout which is how it should be, really. Have fun! World 4 is the start of things getting a bit more interesting so enjoy!
That's great! I don't have any healing exercises yet which I think is my problem. I set the difficulty to level 12 as it was on I think level 5 and the pulse check was only saying "very light exercise" after finishing a level. Maybe I'll lower it a few levels until I unlock some of the healing mechanics.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
That's great! I don't have any healing exercises yet which I think is my problem. I set the difficulty to level 12 as it was on I think level 5 and the pulse check was only saying "very light exercise" after finishing a level. Maybe I'll lower it a few levels until I unlock some of the healing mechanics.

Well if you're short of smoothies then it's no wonder you've been having a rough time of it then. You should have more options where smoothies are concerned soon IIRC without spoiling it for you. I can't remember what level I was at in world 3 but I'm sure I wasn't as high as 12 at that point. I started the game at the lowest possible difficulty level of one and only incrementally raised it for several worlds and still had my struggles. Get through this rough patch and you will be good to go.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks, that's great. If I keep dying maybe I'll cheat a bit and drop the level until I hit world 4.

Once you get more hearts and better defense you will rely on smoothies less plus you get the healing workouts. From world 6 I would say you will find it easier. A tip in case you haven't worked it out is that sucking animals gives you hearts as well. I mean pulling the ring con if that sounded wrong lol

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
yeah it's been a nightmare for at least a week. Hopefully now it's the new year we'll get a restock Soon. Should have bought one while I was in Japan but was just too bulky
I managed to get one before from, of all places, Asda!

It seems like another user had issue with them cancelling his order tho. However I ordered the day after and managed to get it.

Should be worth a try either way, it's still showing on their site, plus the price hasn't been marked up like other places

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked the plank ability today and was excited to try it out!

That plank is a new form of torture lol. Having your face down and not being able to see how many are left makes me anxious

But the damage that deals is worth it

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Speaking of planks my arms start to hurt way before my core and stomach. My form appears to be ok. What could I be doing wrong? Too heavy? Lol

nkarafo

Dec 18, 2019
Speaking of planks (too), there are two type of exercises from what I know. The standard on which the whole body is straight like plank (obviously) and the other on which the body is higher like pyramid and this is specifically shown in the game. My friend told me that the latter is easier to do but I think that both are hard to do. What do you think?
The other that I would like to ask is that I knew from gym / crossfit that you have to stay in plank position for some seconds or minutes. After a while, you try to stay longer and longer. For example you start as newbie staying for 30" and then one minute and then two minutes and so on. In the game, you don't stay for x time and you just do the repetitions. For the record, repetitions in the game are killing me! There are times that I am dead on the floor and I would like some time to stand a little to continue but still I don't know which method is the best.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So, I have a small gym that I put together on my garage.

Thinking about getting RingFit to add some cardio and light muscle training to my routing, specially when I'm lacking in time.

1) Do I need a lot of space?
2) Can I use it without any floor exercises?
3) Is the training good? As in, worth 80€? Not talking about the game quality!