• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Nicely done skittzo0413 🐱. Hope you are fully recovered now. It's a pretty fun end boss battle, isn't it? I often find them a real pita but I enjoyed this one even though it made me really work for it. I loved what they did with the story too; much better resolution than I had expected. That continues nicely in the NG playthrough too so even though it's a retread of what one has already done it's different enough to make quite a difference.

BahamutX83

Mar 13, 2019
Florida
So now that my budget is back to normal I was going to finally pick this up but it seems to be sold out everywhere (in the US). Did Nintendo pull a Nintendo and discontinue this already? 😒

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nicely done skittzo0413 🐱. Hope you are fully recovered now. It's a pretty fun end boss battle, isn't it? I often find them a real pita but I enjoyed this one even though it made me really work for it. I loved what they did with the story too; much better resolution than I had expected. That continues nicely in the NG playthrough too so even though it's a retread of what one has already done it's different enough to make quite a difference.

Yeah I liked the resolution but the battle itself was very grueling for me, what with the 3 "special guards" in a row towards the end of phase one.

So now that my budget is back to normal I was going to finally pick this up but it seems to be sold out everywhere (in the US). Did Nintendo pull a Nintendo and discontinue this already? 😒

No, it's been wildly successful globally. Why would they discontinue it? It's been suffering from stock problems everywhere but the US for months now so people in the US seem to be reselling them to people outside the US.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I want to order this from Amazon but all they seem to have is overpriced $130 scalped up units or even more expensive ones

When can I expect to be able to order one for $80 MSRP?

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
It took me more than a month to finally get a copy, this thing is sold out everywhere. And I can understand why. It's so much fun and a million times better than any of the Wii Fit games. Turning a fitness game into a level-based RPG is a genius idea. It's also very pretty, I love the art style and the monster designs.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to order this from Amazon but all they seem to have is overpriced $130 scalped up units or even more expensive ones

When can I expect to be able to order one for $80 MSRP?
Probably not until the summer, the game would likely be getting restocked right about now if it wasn't for coronavirus shutting down some of Nintendo's production facilities in China

MoFo2

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the main story (~75% complete in each world), took me just over 31 hours of effective training split over 4 months. Well worth the investment if you can get hold of it.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
World 3 just did the factory and unlocked drinks at the shop. Look I'm gonna be real I'm sweating, im tired, I feel really good those stretches before and after are effectively killing any pain I could have... I'm in love with this thing. Like I want a sequel already, I really want them to just keep adding to this continually. I really hope Nintendo keeps pushing this thing as a franchise

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit wide squats, what do I have to do to make you accept my form?!
I just flopped the "get 90 average score on glutes" mission by two points entirely because my wide squats tanked my otherwise perfect average, I thought I was free of this move now but it comes back to haunt me, reminding me that my form for it is apparently wrong all the time, am I too SMALL for wide squats?!

/Unexpected Ring Fit salt

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I feel your pain. Funny enough for me it's the normal Squat that my system can't recognize for 90 points. I have no idea why, but there are some exercises my Switch won't pick up on like the Fluttering Leg one...

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Dammit wide squats, what do I have to do to make you accept my form?!
I just flopped the "get 90 average score on glutes" mission by two points entirely because my wide squats tanked my otherwise perfect average, I thought I was free of this move now but it comes back to haunt me, reminding me that my form for it is apparently wrong all the time, am I too SMALL for wide squats?!

/Unexpected Ring Fit salt

Check your leg strap position is correct. The controller should be about midway up your thigh and centred (facing forward).

Other than that, my only suggestion would be to try recording yourself doing the movement. It sounds daft but it's a great way to objectively check your form!

Speaking of squats, I added 5kg to my barbell squats at the gym this morning. All the additional bodyweight work from Ring Fit Adventure is doing so much to boost my progress at the gym. I'd been stalling with progression for months but now I'm feeling stronger and my form is much improved. I've done nothing different with my gym workouts. All the progress has been down to the introduction of Ring Fit.

Last edited:

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I had a real-world reassurance that I am getting stronger thanks to RFA yesterday. I bought my parents a new chainsaw and a big container of lubricating oil which I said I would take to them. This necessitated a bus ride to them preceded by a fifteen-minute walk to the bus stop whilst carrying them. The oil was heavy but I put that in a messenger bag and used the shoulder strap so that was okay. The chainsaw was a different matter though. It was heavy but that wasn't the problem; it was the unwieldy nature of the big box it was in. The only way I could carry it was to hold it in front of my torso. That gave my forearms a real good workout! I managed it though and don't mind admitting that I felt really rather satisfied that my RFA efforts had borne such obvious fruit. My parents were astonished that I had done that when they saw the weight involved and my step-mother said that I was stronger than I look, lol. Take that RFA naysayers! 😝

In other news:

eu.usatoday.com

Former Marine planks for over 8 hours, setting Guinness record

Guinness World Records certified 62-year-old George Hood's Feb. 15 planking record in Illinois. The official time: 8 hours, 15 minutes and 15 seconds.

😲

Oh, and I am loving all the feedback from everyone over the last few days ❤ .

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
Coronavirus Causes Sales Spike for Nintendo Switch Exclusive Game
gamerant.com

Coronavirus Causes Sales Spike for Nintendo Switch Exclusive Game

A new report indicates that the coronavirus situation in China is causing a sales spike for a Nintendo Switch exclusive game.

Chinese resellers are continuing to buy overseas stock of Ring Fit Adventure in huge quantities to resell in China where the package is currently selling for over $250.

That's fucked up.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Where there's a profit to be made, humanity will always display it's worst and find a way to exploit things. Even something as wholesome as Ring Fit. To hell with those scalpers. They deserve to be crushed by Dragaux.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So since today I get a "Ring-Con read error" message when I try to connect my right joycon to the ring. I can't find anything on the searchies, does anyone have experience with this? It just flat out refuses to work.

The full error message is: Ring Con Read Errror - Failed to read data from the Ring-Con. Please try again.

nkarafo

Dec 18, 2019
So since today I get a "Ring-Con read error" message when I try to connect my right joycon to the ring. I can't find anything on the searchies, does anyone have experience with this? It just flat out refuses to work.

The full error message is: Ring Con Read Errror - Failed to read data from the Ring-Con. Please try again.

No, I haven't seen this issue and I have used both grey and red/blue joy-con. Please read here. Maybe if you could use different joy-con will fix it.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Intensity really ramps up in World 5. It's the first time I'm really awaiting the end of a course. So many squats (and more so in silent mode)! I also just unlocked the infamous mountain climber and wide squats. Anyway, I'm impressed by how they ingeniously inserted so many different gestures/exercises in the stages. At the beginning, I was afraid it would just be running in place (or squatting) outside of the battles.

Also my left joycon flew across the room during knee lifts and they kept being registered as "great" afterwards. It's weird that it doesn't track the actual knee lift, just your arm movement.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finishing world 3 tomorrow, I'm worried I'm going through this too quickly but my body has adapted. 18 is my magical number, I attempted 19 and no no god no. It's funny how much one number difficulty can make lol.

Personal goal when I finish the game I'm gonna attempt to go running too. Gonna try couch to 5k while continuing to play this as a supplement. Right now I'd say this is 1/3 cardio and 2/3 toning which is perfect for my goals especially getting back on the workout horse.

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Finishing world 3 tomorrow, I'm worried I'm going through this too quickly but my body has adapted. 18 is my magical number, I attempted 19 and no no god no. It's funny how much one number difficulty can make lol.

Personal goal when I finish the game I'm gonna attempt to go running too. Gonna try couch to 5k while continuing to play this as a supplement. Right now I'd say this is 1/3 cardio and 2/3 toning which is perfect for my goals especially getting back on the workout horse.
You'll slow down soon. Worlds 1-3 are pretty much a gentle introduction to the rest of the game. Worlds and levels get far longer/bigger.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
How do you guys manage the abilities? I'm only up to World 3 and find it tricky trying to balance the skills I have equipped.

I tend to ignore damage boosts/enemy advantages etc. and just set the skills for what I'd like to workout that session. Stick it on shuffle and get to it!

When I started, I was trying to "optimise my loadout" to min/max the game and get through battles efficiently, but I realised this was making me focus less on the exercise and giving me less of a solid, balanced workout. Now I treat the game elements as a bonus bit of fun, but my main goal is to min/max my body, not the game! If a battle takes twice as long as it could, so be it.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
How do you guys manage the abilities? I'm only up to World 3 and find it tricky trying to balance the skills I have equipped.

You get to have 9 or 10 choices pretty early on (just prioritize them when you get the ability board unlocked). So I like to run 2 of each color, based on what I feel benefits me the most, and add the extra slot to match whatever is recommended, then do shuffle.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else ever have your joycons glitch out when playing this? I was just about to start today and my right joy con stopped responding, the player 1 light is stuck on and none of the buttons do anything, whether I'm connected to the ring-con or not. Sliding the joy-con onto the switch did nothing so I think I just have to let the battery run out before recharging it.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I finished up the first NG+ last night!

My stats:
Days Played: 128
Time spent actively exercising: 55:34:49
Calories Burned: 21990.27
Distance ran: 161.60 miles
Total Ring Presses: 34069

Still a really huge fan. My arms are considerably more toned than they were when I started, specifically on my biceps. I had little to no definition before, whereas now I have distinct visible change there, and on my shoulder and neck muscles. I've mentioned before that I was never a runner in life, and had pretty severe anxiety about doing it after some tumultuous PE class trauma as a kid. That's all to say that I was able to run three miles around the outdoor track near my home, without stopping, this past week. The whole thing has been genuinely life changing, and I'm so appreciative for how this game eases you into the world of exercise. It's supportive all the way.

Was kind of disappointed to see them say that the second NG+ is the last one. I'm hoping there's some kind of indefinite adventure mode at the end, or planned as DLC. I'd also love if they added additional skill tree stuff to work toward, since that maxes out early into the first NG+

I hope the impressive sales figures will lead to DLC, and/or a sequel.

I'm thankful that this game exists.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Well done Buttonbasher - that's some incredible work! What were/are your favourite exercises and aspects of the game?
Thanks!

I've stuck pretty much entirely with the Adventure mode, and have set daily goals (jog at least a mile, burn at least 200 calories, and play for at least 30 exercise minutes, and complete the 500 bonus reps when the system is in rest mode).

As for favorite exercises, I like ones that require rapid, but productive movement, like the side-step (which has you raising and lowering the ringcon with each step), knee lifts, and pendulum swings. Back presses, and planks are also very rewarding. The jogging through the world itself is also nice. I'd love if they added set distance jogs, outside of the adventure mode, which would skip the battles and just let me jog in place, and collect stuff along the way.

Most of all, I just appreciate how manageable everything is with my busy work schedule. It never feels like a chore.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I beat world 3, and am about to be terrified because I unlocked planks lol. Question though it said I finished only 70 percent if world 3, I don't see anything else there to do am I missing something or does it unlock later?

I finished up the first NG+ last night!

My stats:
Days Played: 128
Time spent actively exercising: 55:34:49
Calories Burned: 21990.27
Distance ran: 161.60 miles
Total Ring Presses: 34069

Still a really huge fan. My arms are considerably more toned than they were when I started, specifically on my biceps. I had little to no definition before, whereas now I have distinct visible change there, and on my shoulder and neck muscles. I've mentioned before that I was never a runner in life, and had pretty severe anxiety about doing it after some tumultuous PE class trauma as a kid. That's all to say that I was able to run three miles around the outdoor track near my home, without stopping, this past week. The whole thing has been genuinely life changing, and I'm so appreciative for how this game eases you into the world of exercise. It's supportive all the way.

Was kind of disappointed to see them say that the second NG+ is the last one. I'm hoping there's some kind of indefinite adventure mode at the end, or planned as DLC. I'd also love if they added additional skill tree stuff to work toward, since that maxes out early into the first NG+

I hope the impressive sales figures will lead to DLC, and/or a sequel.

I'm thankful that this game exists.
Impressive as fuck!!!!

woo

Nov 11, 2017
So I beat world 3, and am about to be terrified because I unlocked planks lol. Question though it said I finished only 70 percent if world 3, I don't see anything else there to do am I missing something or does it unlock later?

Impressive as fuck!!!!

It unlocks later, don't worry.

Yes, it is but you'll get there; just keep plugging away.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I just started today and did not think it'd be this much of an exercise - my legs are dead from all those squats. To be fair, I only walk/jog and haven't been lifting weights or truly exercising in over a year. It's really fun and I actually want to play more despite feeling like crap.

Current plan is play before heading off to work and right before bed!

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys played it so fast? I do 3-4 levels every other day and I'm in world 12 just yet D:.
Maybe I need to lower the difficulty, I think I have it at 20.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
How do you guys played it so fast? I do 3-4 levels every other day and I'm in world 12 just yet D:.
Maybe I need to lower the difficulty, I think I have it at 20.

I've owned it since November! It's taken me a while because I only play at weekends. I play on level 26 and aim to get 2 worlds beat per week (takes me 1-2 hours per world, so around 4 hours of Ring Fit every weekend).

My completion percentage is nearly 100% per world because I go back to complete challenges after beating the boss. However a few worlds are sitting at 70-80% because I've given up on some of the mini game challenges out of frustration.

Regardless, it's not a race to finish, nor should you be competing with anyone but yourself! Focus on having a fun time and play at your own pace, mate!

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
hit level 100 tonight! felt pretty good although I expected a bit more fanfare lol

I'm up to world 13 now, which has been a really fun one so far, but it's a lil annoying that there's basically no smoothie ingredients.....in general this game limits your resources past a certain point much more than it seems like it will early on, I guess to encourage going back through earlier worlds.

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless, it's not a race to finish, nor should you be competing with anyone but yourself! Focus on having a fun time and play at your own pace, mate!

Of course man, I was just curious how people finished it so fast, I'm doing my own phase, which is 3~5 lvls every other day.

After the game makes you advance doing squats Instead of running I can't play that long, or at least for now, very tiring thing.

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm doing sessions of about 20 to 30 minutes active time. Trying to do these at least 2-3x per week. The biggest challenge is to find time to do my workouts. I usually have time in the evening, but after dinner or right before bed are not the best moments for me. I really need to work from home more often. :-)

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Of course man, I was just curious how people finished it so fast, I'm doing my own phase, which is 3~5 lvls every other day.

After the game makes you advance doing squats Instead of running I can't play that long, or at least for now, very tiring thing.

Besides actual play time - ie having more time under your belt with the game (someone with 300 hours will be further than someone with 60 hours), the only other ways to progress faster are to lower the difficulty (much higher difficulty = much longer battles) and/or always target the battles efficienty (inefficient skill targetting = much longer battles) and also skip any battles you can with jumping over enemies (playing battles is much, much longer than skipping them of course), oh and I guess not doing any optional battles and just bee-lining right to the boss each world would get some time off too. And if you really want to get all speed-run mentality I guess cheating the exercises by not doing them the intended way so you don't get tired would let you progress more each day too lol.

I think if you combined all those things together, there'd be no reason why someone couldn't beat the entire game in a single day, I imagine playing on difficulty 1 is like 2-3 reps per exercise, maybe even just 1?

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the main adventure at 82 days. Holy hell, I was not expecting the final boss to go that hard.

Or this theme.

Can't wait to jump into NG+ tomorrow!

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
turns out the gamestop near me said it had the game online but doesnt actually carry it in person lol

guess i'm waiting for a reprint or something 'cuz i'm not paying scalper prices

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I went to one of my local GameStops and the guy there said that a single guy went to the 4-5 GameStops in town and bought every ringfit.

Things I want:
Ringfit Adventure
Dualshock 4 back attachment
Valve index

All impossible to get!

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
uhhh wow Didn't realize there was on OT for this!

I'm on week 3 now. Just finished World 4

I'm just in love with this game. I guess i'm kind of new to fitness games, but this is so ingenious, unique, charming, and engaging.

One question while i'm here:
Any of you use Multitask mode? Is it easy to do? tips and tricks? what are you go to exercises for that?

I just barely found out about it after my session and i'm now curious about it.