• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Multitask mode gives you extra XP and goodies (smoothy ingredients etc) in the Adventure mode. One can register up to 500 ring pull/presses per day in the Adventure mode. That's all it is. It's not much of a mode tbh; just a way to get the player to press and pull the pilates ring some more. It's worth the effort though. At first I found it work but after two months of RFA I can knock out 500 with no problem. As you say FantasticMrFoxdie the game is ingeniously designed 🐱.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I'm now around 4 months into RFA, only on World 16, Difficulty 26 I think and Level 150. Had a 2-week break and a 1-week break in between. My background, I'm a good weight but just need to get more regular exercise in, helps deal with my state of mind and prevents weight-gain.

This is my update:
  • Still loving the game
  • I'm now focused on form rather than reps, this has helped a lot
  • I've avoided planks and mountain climbers, I did the latter today though and noticed a massive improvement (I will be doing more of these on my second playthrough)
  • Finally feeling fitter, the game doesn't kill me as much as it used to and I've been increasing difficulty too, this in turn has now made working out more enjoyable and no longer a chore, still look forward to that hour slot I get available to do it
  • Body is feeling more flexible, stretching has become easier, I feel stronger and muscles feel harder (I'm not buff or anything though)
  • I switched the counter to time over calorie count as I found that more motivating
  • An RFA 30-min workout takes around an hour (and that's with me frantically skipping dialog and cut-scenes where possible), I've noticed that any workout 20+ mins on RFA is a good base-line
  • I haven't weighed myself, RFA makes me feel good and that's all that matters, I'm happy maintaining my current BMI which is around 25
  • I'm confident that before I start to sense any boredem with the game there will be DLC and possibly a sequel
  • I've just been doing the main game, no mini-games or custom workouts etc.
Hope it's going good for everyone else, this game has changed my life.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone else ever have your joycons glitch out when playing this? I was just about to start today and my right joy con stopped responding, the player 1 light is stuck on and none of the buttons do anything, whether I'm connected to the ring-con or not. Sliding the joy-con onto the switch did nothing so I think I just have to let the battery run out before recharging it.

I occasionally have mild glitches but nothing serious, like it might not register a movement properly or the rumble would start to flip out while moving the ring and go into some sort of spasm. The only solution was to keep the joy-cons fully charged (mine are around 2 years old) before you play, other than that not sure what causes it.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My stomache still is super sore after the first time planks even with the day off in between. Gonna take that out of my rotation until tomorrow. But like I'm still like...... I thought planks were held not in and out like push ups! I've been doing them wrong for years. How you guys are on like upper 20s blows my mind, like I'm struggling at 17 I had to end up lowering the difficulty.

Last edited:

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
My stomache still is super sore after the first time planks even with the day off in between. Gonna take that out of my rotation until tomorrow. But like I'm still like...... I thought planks were held not in and out like push ups! I've been doing them wrong for years. How you guys are on like upper 20s blows my mind, like I'm struggling at 17 I had to end up lowering the difficulty.

Nah, traditional planks are static. The Ring Fit variant is closer to a "push-up plank". Static exercises wouldn't really work with the reps system and joy-con detection, so I guess they had to compromise on this one!

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Nah, traditional planks are static. The Ring Fit variant is closer to a "push-up plank". Static exercises wouldn't really work with the reps system and joy-con detection, so I guess they had to compromise on this one!

Static exercises are fine (i.e. Holding Leg Raise) and it detects very well. They could've easily done this with the plank but as you said it wouldn't work with reps, and given that each rep is an attack then they had to compromise.

Certainly not a technical limitation though.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Really happy to have found this thread. A lot of these posts are very inspiring! XD

Multitask mode gives you extra XP and goodies (smoothy ingredients etc) in the Adventure mode. One can register up to 500 ring pull/presses per day in the Adventure mode. That's all it is. It's not much of a mode tbh; just a way to get the player to press and pull the pilates ring some more. It's worth the effort though. At first I found it work but after two months of RFA I can knock out 500 with no problem. As you say FantasticMrFoxdie the game is ingeniously designed 🐱.

Thanks! I'm going to start trying it, especially for the off days where i'm extra busy

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Static exercises are fine (i.e. Holding Leg Raise) and it detects very well. They could've easily done this with the plank but as you said it wouldn't work with reps, and given that each rep is an attack then they had to compromise.

Certainly not a technical limitation though.

That's not entirely true either, reps are not important, they could just alter the length you hold it for across difficulties. And since damage is pretty variable anyway (some exercises do 10 per rep while others do 100+ in the same battle), delivering all the damage in one rep wouldn't be something that would break the game or anything (they could also have it deliver damage every X seconds while not interrupting your hold if they must deliver the damage in reps).

Heck, I'd actually prefer it if all damage from workouts was done at the end of the exercise. It would prevent shortcoming you on the left/right exercises all the time when you kill the enemy with the first 10 reps.

Last edited:

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
That's not entirely true either, reps are not important, they could just alter the length you hold it for across difficulties. And since damage is pretty variable anyway (some exercises do 10 per rep while others do 100+ in the same battle), delivering all the damage in one rep wouldn't be something that would break the game or anything (they could also have it deliver damage every X seconds while not interrupting your hold if they must deliver the damage in reps).

Heck, I'd actually prefer it if all damage from workouts was done at the end of the exercise. It would prevent shortcoming you on the left/right exercises all the time when you kill the enemy with the first 10 reps.

True. I like the last suggestion too. They should make that an option.

Oct 25, 2017
I like it the way it is, because it allow me to do less reps in excersice that really kills me, like planks, if i know that i will finish the enemy in half the reps, i'll pick it :). This game makes me feel really old (:

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind having the damage laid out per rep, and I don't think I'd enjoy seeing it get lumped after the set

One of the reasons RFA works so well for me is the gamification of exercising. I like seeing my damage output build up with each squat. Otherwise, what little gratification morsels do I have as I'm completing a set?

The alternative sounds like it'd feel a little underwhelming.

At the end of the day, though, more options is always better, so the best solution would be to let players pick their preferred option

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
I actually don't mind having the damage laid out per rep, and I don't think I'd enjoy seeing it get lumped after the set

One of the reasons RFA works so well for me is the gamification of exercising. I like seeing my damage output build up with each squat. Otherwise, what little gratification morsels do I have as I'm completing a set?

The alternative sounds like it'd feel a little underwhelming.

At the end of the day, though, more options is always better, so the best solution would be to let players pick their preferred option

Then maybe they just allow overkills lol, or automatic retargeting mid exercise if there's still enemies alive? It's fine the way it is, I agree, but I do get annoyed when I get shorted an entire side, and I enjoy playing using random selection so I understand it's my own doing and will live with it.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then maybe they just allow overkills lol, or automatic retargeting mid exercise if there's still enemies alive? It's fine the way it is, I agree, but I do get annoyed when I get shorted an entire side, and I enjoy playing using random selection so I understand it's my own doing and will live with it.

I actually just got off from doing my daily round on the game and was thinking about this while playing it

Yeah, I agree with you that overkill could work! Maybe as you do each rep, too, the enemy's health bar could white out to show the damage buildup, but then only apply it once the set is done

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Part of me thinks the alternate side stuff is intentional. Most people are right-handed so will use their right side for the majority of day to day tasks. By always making you exercise your left side first and occasionally skipping the right side, Ring Fit is effectively correcting the imbalance in muscle development that you naturally create from being right-handed.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
so, is this game worth picking up at scalper prices ($150 USD), or should i wait for a restock...? is there a reprint planned at all?

nkarafo

Dec 18, 2019
so, is this game worth picking up at scalper prices ($150 USD), or should i wait for a restock...? is there a reprint planned at all?
No, of course it doesn't worth it! You can search it for the regular price, e.g. on ebay, you can find it at lower prices (beware that the game will be included). Don't pay so much money for a game that they want to force you buying it at high price! The game it's very good but don't be the victim here due to bizarre situations (coronavirus, limited stock, etc).

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018

Whilst I wouldn't suggest being ripped off, it is actually worth that amount, if I knew then what I know now I would've paid that for it. But, as the poster above has said you shouldn't have to pay that.

I paid £65 4 months ago, gym membership during that period would've been around £120, I think this whole package is a bargain at its original price.

But I am biased!

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Been awhile since I posted here, but wanted to say I finally reached Lv 200 and on difficulty 29. It was a tough journey, but I made it.

Now, to beat the main game.

nkarafo

Dec 18, 2019
Been awhile since I posted here, but wanted to say I finally reached Lv 200 and on difficulty 29. It was a tough journey, but I made it.

Now, to beat the main game.

thumb-up-cartoon-character-theme-vector-art-illustration-eps-vector_csp37740240.jpg

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
Part of me thinks the alternate side stuff is intentional. Most people are right-handed so will use their right side for the majority of day to day tasks. By always making you exercise your left side first and occasionally skipping the right side, Ring Fit is effectively correcting the imbalance in muscle development that you naturally create from being right-handed.

That's a good point I hadn't considered.

Difficulty 24 and the game is a real challenge for me.
I'm about to get to lvl 60 so there's hope still, and I'm already seeing results.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Upped my difficulty and I'm handling it well..... Oh this is what getting stronger means. Bout to beat world 4, I'm now playing 5 days a week and I hate it because the days im not I wish I was, game hacked my brain to get me excited to play it.

Being active is like a weird bonus I just enjoy seeing what new stuff the games gonna do. I strongly wish I was allowed to carry more moves at this point in the game though. But I guess once I get that it becomes a non-issue

I'm a month in and.... Yes and no. Like for me I think it's worth 150, compared to the gym I think this is a better deal by far. But having said that it's an 80 dollar game and you might still find it somewhere. I've seen it 3 places this past week in stock

Edit: I request, no legally demand nintendo actually make a Zelda game spin off of ring fit. I know the thread name is a joke but..... Come on! I mean we got that Zelda crossbow training thing and the crypt of the necrodancer game. This thing constantly makes me think of that one sumo moment in twlight princess and I honestly couldn't imagine a better fit. Granted it doesn't use the master sword but like in every other way it writes itself

Last edited:

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
Anyone know when Best Buy could get more? I haven't seen any copies on the shelf since right after Christmas. Have they restocked?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a better way to adjust the difficulty level of the game, not the exercises. I'm about 40 levels ahead of the recommended level for everything so nothing ever does more than half a heart of damage. Smoothies are a total non-factor, both offensively and defensively. I raised the intensity level already but I'm not looking for more reps, just more interesting battles

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dear diary, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever eat that many carbs the same day you have a world boss. Signed, I wanna puke so fucking bad but I beat em. This is what learning is. Oh and planks the same day, that was stupid too

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
After being stuck and triumphing over the hell that was the slap-back gym side mission, I'm now stuck at the dreadmill one at World 9 lol.

Would anyone know if any of the clothing that boosts running speed apply to that mission?

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a better way to adjust the difficulty level of the game, not the exercises. I'm about 40 levels ahead of the recommended level for everything so nothing ever does more than half a heart of damage. Smoothies are a total non-factor, both offensively and defensively. I raised the intensity level already but I'm not looking for more reps, just more interesting battles
Have you tried changing your outfit to get less defense ?
That's what I do when I don't get enough damage to use the shoulder press healing move.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried changing your outfit to get less defense ?
That's what I do when I don't get enough damage to use the shoulder press healing move.
Oh sure that would work, though the world I'm in right now requires me to wear a certain outfit, so it'll have to wait until the next world

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm around 6 levels higher than recommended. Not sure how you got to 40?! I've stopped trying to mop up side quests in the worlds because I felt I was levelling too fast. I will go back to 100% them once I am done with the main adventure. I'd say push the difficulty up if it's too easy and yeah change clothes to lower att and def.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
completed world 23 with just two requests left to reach 100%. going to start new game+ tomorrow.

9,000 calories burned, 31 hours of play time, and 61+ miles ran. can't say i lost a lot of weight (maybe about ten pounds overall since when i started playing it), but my stamina is definitely up and things that had made me sore don't do that any more. started at difficulty 17 and now at difficulty 25. briefly went to 28 and came back down after a day. i want to get up to 30 as a norm.

never did planks or mountain runs or whatever they're called. i guess i should start in new game+ for the added challenge.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I over did it and I feel super sick the next day, I'm gonna have to take a break and lower back my difficulty from 17 to 16 or 15

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been playing for a month and had a great time, havent loss any weight (only way I lose weight is me not eating so much each day) but I do feel more agile.

I do hate 1 thing. The get all the coins in the running machine minigame side quest (the one where you run left an right). WTF they were thinking there, the leg strap doesnt have enough precission to run and stop as it should, so ive tried more than 30 times and have never been able to get it. And ive even tried cheating, not even that works. It would make sense if it was hard becuase you are actually pushing yourself, its hard becuase the precission is crap.
They really should patch that mission out or change it in some way.
If somebody has a working strategy, please tell me. I seached on the internet, and nothing works.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Hmm, having some trouble locating it in the Japanese eShop since it's all in Japanese, but I'll keep looking.

Happy hunting! If you get stuck ask Vinnk. He's a fine chap and would be happy to help, I'm sure.

SPRidley That sounds like 'Dreadmill' and you are not alone in your trouble with this one due to the lag before one's real-world movements are shown on the screen by one's avatar in the game. I think that all one can do is just keep trying until taking account of the lag to get the timing right becomes natural. You don't have to complete this mission to finish the adventure but it is not great for those of us with a completionist compulsion.

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Happy hunting! If you get stuck ask Vinnk. He's a fine chap and would be happy to help, I'm sure.

SPRidley That sounds like 'Dreadmill' and you are not alone in your trouble with this one due to the lag before one's real-world movements are shown on the screen by one's avatar in the game. I think that all one can do is just keep trying until taking account of the lag to get the timing right becomes natural. You don't have to complete this mission to finish the adventure but it is not great for those of us with a completionist compulsion.
Yeah thats me lol
Its the only sidequest i havent finished, and I know theres another one waiting after thats completed so it feels even worse.
I really dont know what Nintendo was thinking with this one. Even only getting most of the coins would be hard. Do they have better technology in their joycons or something there? hahaha

woo

Nov 11, 2017
SPRidley You are doing well on the minigames 🐱. I have still have 27 from my first playthrough left uncompleted. The ones which require all coins or no damage are evil. Still, it's good exercise which is the real point of the game after all.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
SPRidley You are doing well on the minigames 🐱. I have still have 27 from my first playthrough left uncompleted. The ones which require all coins or no damage are evil. Still, it's good exercise which is the real point of the game after all.
Yeah, the perfect ones are evil, but still, mostly doable and still they are hard becuase you have to push for doing things faster, etc...
But the dreadmill one is just becuase the thing doesnt work well, and thats sad when everything else works perfectly.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

After a little research it seems like the digital version is only on the Japanese MyNintendo page and comes with the joycon stuff but with a digital code? Vinnk can you confirm? Coincidentally that is also sold out. :P

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Yeah, but there are third party peripherals (and Nintendo could sell these themselves), so I was hoping they'd give us the choice. I assume they don't want angry refunds from people who don't read carefully though.

Fair point. It's also just a pain in the butt needing to keep the cartridge in my Switch slot. Ideally I'd like to have it downloaded and installed so I could keep the slot free for other games rather than needing to swap it out every morning!

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
After a little research it seems like the digital version is only on the Japanese MyNintendo page and comes with the joycon stuff but with a digital code? Vinnk can you confirm? Coincidentally that is also sold out. :P

Yes, sadly it was a MyNintendo exclusive. I'm mostly "Physical or Die" but even I would have preffered this one digital as I have to swap in the cart everyday.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, boggles my mind why Nintendo didn't offer a "Digital Bundle" that came with the equipment but with a digital code for the game. Might be too confusing for consumers to have multiple SKUs, but I would've LOVED that. Swapping out carts is a pain.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have the room for all the excerises which kinda sucks but it's motivation to move. Just had the most insane leg workout of my life and my thighs are on FIREEEE! I continue to love this game, lol forgive me for posting all the time here I can't help it. I somehow survived 19 minutes of in-game timer time and I'm proud.

Fully agree I wish this was digital.... However that won't be a problem when...... We get a Zelda theme sequel ^_^

Last edited:

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't have the room for all the excerises which kinda sucks but it's motivation to move. Just had the most insane leg workout of my life and my thighs are on FIREEEE! I continue to love this game, lol forgive me for posting all the time here I can't help it. I somehow survived 19 minutes of in-game timer time and I'm proud.

Fully agree I wish this was digital.... However that won't be a problem when...... We get a Zelda theme sequel ^_^
Keep the posts coming:)