• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
lol forgive me for posting all the time here I can't help it

Nothing wrong that. This game has incorporated proper exercise into my lifestyle that I never thought possible. Every workout gets better and better and you can feel your accomplishments. I haven't faltered from the game at all because it isn't boring and there are tons of exercises I have yet to master. Keeps you going.

It should be celebrated 😀

Hresvelg

Feb 22, 2020
Hello, guys! I'm new to ResetERA (actually I've been lurking for a while waiting for my account to get approved hehe) and I've decided to come straight to this thread since it's the one that inspired me to make an account in the first place. All the tips and suggestions in this thread have been great for me to get the most of Ring Fit for the past ~3 months. I had never been an active person before getting the game, and doing a ~35 min session for 5 days a week has helped me a LOT - I've even started to eat healthier because of the game! Last Sunday, I finally beat the main campaign (*pats myself in the back*) and hopped into NG+ straight away. Won't go into spoilers but I'm very impressed with what I've seen of NG+ so far! This game just keeps getting better for me :)

I've decided to post in this thread, however, because I'm in a bit of a situation. Since exercising had never been part of my routine prior to this game, I'm a little worried about stopping, even if temporarily. This Thursday I'll have jaw surgery to correct a very extreme case of overbite. It's been a long time coming, but now that I've finally got around to keeping myself active through Ring Fit, I'm worried about the extended period of time where I'll be away from it. The doctor said that in about a month after the surgery I would be able to go back to exercising, but I'm afraid such a long time will undo much of my fitness progress - the game itself even says that muscles go back to how they were before starting exercising after a period of ~10 days. So, my question is: after the doctor gives me the all-clear for physical activity, how would you guys recommend that I go about it when going back to Ring Fit? Should I lower my difficulty to zero? I think jogging could be a little problematic for my new jaw, so getting back go the NG+ campaign would probably have to wait a while. In that case, have any of you replaced the main campaign in your routine with the custom sets on the title screen? How did that feel?

Sorry for the long post, I just really love this game and would love to go back to it as soon as I'm able to and within my limits, of course :)

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Welcome to the crew Hresvelg ! Sounds like you've been doing incredible work. I bet your sweat is so shiny and beautiful!!!

Don't worry about taking a break. You'll be very surprised at how quickly you get the strength back. Honestly, I would just dive straight back in once you're able to. Don't set your expectations either too low or too high, just pick up where you left off and then adjust the difficulty or length of sessions if you need to!

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Hey Hresvelg , welcome to one of the most enthusiastic threads on Era ;)

Won't go into spoilers but I'm very impressed with what I've seen of NG+ so far! This game just keeps getting better for me :)

That's good to hear as I will be approaching this soon.

As far as taking a break, the longest I took in the last 5 months was a 2-week break over xmas, it took about 3-4 sessions before I was back where I was. Breaks are fine, we all get ill etc., the key is to contain your calorie-intake during that time, this will help. The most important thing is to get back into it, if you can do that you will be fine and confident in any future breaks that you wont waver.

Good luck :)

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bmi and weights a funny thing. I've lost 3 pounds since I started but I'm also 6 foot 3 and currently 188lb. So like if you go by the number I was already a fine bmi and I didn't need to do anything..... However objectively I'm losing fat and gaining muscle. My chest is tighter, arms are stronger, ect. So I'm glad the game doesn't push weight loss but focuses on getting stronger because I can literally feel and see the difference.

World 5 gave me insane leg day and then an insane arm day so today is insane ab day.... Planks.........

tumblr_mbv1da7RMg1rj0elpo1_250.gif

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
Sooo, I guess I have a super weak core. Flutter kick, pendulum lift and hip raise all kill me.

I got the reverse tricep lift (not sure on the name) last session and it's great. There weren't enough good arm exercises before that (ring rotate and the hip circle thing don't do much for me).

The exercises are getting seriously hard now but it's satisfying to get through a session.

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
Sorry for the long post, I just really love this game and would love to go back to it as soon as I'm able to and within my limits, of course :)

First off, welcome!

You're right that you'll lose some of the gains you made but that's ok. You have made a lot of progress so far and if you lose 10-15% of that for a major surgery than that's a good trade off in my opinion.

I see the surgery as like an injury, if you work out hurt and make it worse then long term you'll be training less than if you just let it heal and then worked out at your normal capacity. Sure, it's counter intuitive not to train as much as possible but what is most important is maintaining your level of fitness throughout your life.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Can someone please tell me that Standing Forward Fold really is as difficult as hell? I nearly did an injury and there's no way I will EVER be able to bend forward that much whilst stretching out my arms backwards.

I guess Yoga really is an art form.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Working from home day means an extra long Ring Fit session! Finally beat the main game and am on to NG+.

Final stats
Level: 212
Time: 39hrs 50mins
Calories: 7160cal (female, 163cm/48kg, resting heart rate ~50bpm)
Distance: 91km
Ring Presses: 14714

Phew. That last boss battle was a long one!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017
With all of the sports leagues (both the professional ones I would watch on TV and the recreational ones I would play in) shutting down and the general outlook of staying indoors more in the near future, I really wish I had hunted this game down before it sold out everywhere.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Okay so I have probably not done any exercise since I was around 16. Now at 25 I've decided to pick this up. I am overweight, not a super healthy dude and I had an absolute blast going through the first world.

Popped it on intense and the difficulty was set at 19. The exercise timer levelled at about 20 minutes and I was completely wet through with sweat, so I decided to stop. I do find it difficult enough to push myself, and I genuinely feel great after a shower.

Really looking forward to getting stuck in, but am I supposed to play it in chunks like that, for longer and for consecutive days? I am a big noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, so any help is appreciated!

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Okay so I have probably not done any exercise since I was around 16. Now at 25 I've decided to pick this up. I am overweight, not a super healthy dude and I had an absolute blast going through the first world.

Popped it on intense and the difficulty was set at 19. The exercise timer levelled at about 20 minutes and I was completely wet through with sweat, so I decided to stop. I do find it difficult enough to push myself, and I genuinely feel great after a shower.

Really looking forward to getting stuck in, but am I supposed to play it in chunks like that, for longer and for consecutive days? I am a big noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, so any help is appreciated!
Doesn't matter dude. Do what ever makes you feel good. I am twice your age and I play this thing 4 times a week and I love it. Some days I'm like 'yeah, no' and others I want to smash it.

Sweat is good :)

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US

The game will ask you after some time if you want to stop for the day. Usually I try to push through one more course but not always. They want you to be working out throughout the week so pace yourself. I aim for 2-3 times a week but I do other exercise too.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the world is hell and I don't wanna leave my house atm..... I love this fucking game. I did get myself a little gift and got a Fitbit. So now I can start tracking my shit more accurately.

The game will ask you after some time if you want to stop for the day. Usually I try to push through one more course but not always. They want you to be working out throughout the week so pace yourself. I aim for 2-3 times a week but I do other exercise too.
I'm starting to get there. I'm now getting enough energy where at this level it's possible for me, however I'm think of making world bosses it's own day

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
hi everybody i'm finally back o/ got the okay (and cautious encouragement) from my doctor to get back to sports since breaking my foot and i was straight back to rfa today haha.

that said, man, muscle atrophy is so real :'( i feel like i've lost a good chunk of what i built up before january

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
It had been years since I had to drop my gym membership. Got this for Christmas and I've played for an hour nearly every day since then, and I feel so much better than I did prior. Thankful I got it when I did with this ongoing virus causing shortages. Was super weary of not getting good use out of it, but it's so much better than I expected.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could find somewhere to buy this game in the UK lol.
Its rarer than toilet paper is getting.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ETFwtTSWoAEKnJ2

Started from the bottom now I'm here. No seriously I wasn't doing shit when I started and I've never really just looked back and went "oh....... Oh I do that every day now"

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've hurt my heel somehow - feels tender to put pressure on, which is basically every day when I was walking to work. Not sure if it is a coincidence but it happened after a couple of weeks running on the spot in Riga fit on a wooden floor (bare foot). Is the quiet mode with squats reasonable as an alternative to running on the spot? And is a yoga mat or those foam tiles good for running on (shors indoors is not an option)

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I've hurt my heel somehow - feels tender to put pressure on, which is basically every day when I was walking to work. Not sure if it is a coincidence but it happened after a couple of weeks running on the spot in Riga fit on a wooden floor (bare foot). Is the quiet mode with squats reasonable as an alternative to running on the spot? And is a yoga mat or those foam tiles good for running on (shors indoors is not an option)

Some sort of mat or padding is probably a good idea. I somehow ended up with a sprained ankle from running on the spot without a mat. FWIW it sounds a bit like plantar fasciitis which is quite a common running injury.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What level are you at? At around level 65,

you expand your skill tree once again, and in there are skills to expand your skill slots
The tree expands O_0 I'm level 47, although I'm about to raise the difficulty up again lol. Finished world 5 today

That's good to hear, I'm

Edit: lol the cut off. Forgot what I was gonna say I think it was I'm 17 difficulty but gonna boost it up. Other than crunch's I'm outpacing the game energy wise

Last edited:

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
At the start I thought the exercises were pretty basic and limited. I got to 65 yesterday and lately I noticed my workouts are getting much tougher. I'm really impressed that Nintendo made a game that scales difficulty and variety and isn't just a toy.

What are the question mark skills in the expanded skill tree? Are they worth aiming for?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At the start I thought the exercises were pretty basic and limited. I got to 65 yesterday and lately I noticed my workouts are getting much tougher. I'm really impressed that Nintendo made a game that scales difficulty and variety and isn't just a toy.

What are the question mark skills in the expanded skill tree? Are they worth aiming for?

They're all just workout skills if I remember correctly. There's a list somewhere on reddit of the skills, if you're interested, but any bonuses like extra hearts are always visible

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, I must be doing something wrong because I feel the strain of the AB Guard on my arms and not on my ABS.

Where do I position the ring fit? Middle of my stomatch? Top? Bottom? lol

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Finally got a copy after setting up notifications for it. Played for 20 minutes today and it kicked my ass hard. Happy to be getting back into fitness and the game seems to be living up to the hype so far!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just started playing again after 3 months.

I just spend the last 6 days in front id my computer doing nothing and was suddently scared i woukd develop like a clot or something, so i fired up the game.

Just did 10 min of in game time, but i dont know how much should i do per session? Since im still stuck for at least 10 days at home, could i do smaller sessions but doing more sessions per day or is it suggested i should do one big session?

For reference im a super skinny guy at 110lbs 5,7"

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Got an order in for this via Walmart's website earlier today. It was in and out of stock within 30 minutes, but I got it before the nowinstock email alerts even went out (was just looking at the website and saw it as "in stock").

I'm active and normally go to the gym, so I suspect I will be OK getting into this. However, I'm curious, is there any advice anyone would give someone new to the game? Either in terms of how to best use it for exercise/health benefits, or how to best enjoy myself?

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Got an order in for this via Walmart's website earlier today. It was in and out of stock within 30 minutes, but I got it before the nowinstock email alerts even went out (was just looking at the website and saw it as "in stock").

I'm active and normally go to the gym, so I suspect I will be OK getting into this. However, I'm curious, is there any advice anyone would give someone new to the game? Either in terms of how to best use it for exercise/health benefits, or how to best enjoy myself?

There's many different ways to challenge yourself and play the game, so you'll discover what works best for you. The game does a great job at explaining most things, and my simple advice is to increase the difficulty if you don't find yourself needing to take breaks at some point during your session. Best wait until after world 5 to gauge it properly though, the first 3 worlds you blow right through. Also you don't need to bring all your strongest most powerful exercises to the level nor do you need to equip all the correctly colored ones to inflict the most damage either. The game is very, very customizable like I said, and allows you to play and complete the levels in almost any manner you'd like.

If you can complete the entire 20+ active time session (some people push really hard and do 40--60 minutes of active time - which is like 2 hours of real time, I prefer to do it more frequently in shorter bursts) start to finish without needing to take a break in a single exercise, imo your difficulty is too low and you should consider raising it the next session.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I'm really terrible as squat pottery. It took me 6 tries to finally get a B.

I like to use "random" in battles. It forces you to do the more difficult exercises that don't deal as much damage and that you might not select, especially when it starts to hurt.
That's one thing that's a bit weird in the game. The difficulty of the exercise is in no way proportional to damage. The overhead swing and the hips shake deal a ton of damage and are really easy. Planks, not so much. I guess it's to make it more accessible.

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah I select a group of exercises that I want to work on (abs etc) and ignore the recommended workouts, then I set it to random. Stops me selecting the easiest ones. Mountain climbers used to kill me but now I can get through them quite easily. Well, maybe not easily but I'm not having such a difficult time with them.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so in shape I have muscles I didn't know I had. I'm feeling parts lift up and I'm like "wtf is that, what is this new body part i unlocked"

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man world 22 is killing me. For some reason it feels like a brutal difficulty spike right now

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I'm back to playing this daily, quarantine and all. The sheer variety of visuals and gameplay gimmicks just amazes me, true Nintendo game quality mixed perfectly with their blue ocean style!

I have a question. I already had back press unlocked, and when I just unlocked Lv. 2 of that move the original disappeared. (That, or I already had Level 2 and just got it again from my skill tree? perhaps?) This isn't the case for all skills though, where I have both Lv 1 and 2 versions. Do the upgraded versions only replace the originals if they have the same recharge count perhaps?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It took months and some setbacks, but finally finished the main game. Was even bold enough to go to max difficulty with Squats for the final boss. What workout and the end credits song reminds me sometimes for Xenoblade Chronicles.

Now, New Game Plus, here I come!

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Planks will never get easier but even with difficulty increases I continue to manage. Still playing roughly 14 to 18 mins in game time, seems to be a good spot

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, basically can't find this anywhere -- sold out and marked up to $250+ on Amazon and the likes.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Did one of the 'quick mode' exercise sets tonight in lieu of loading up the adventure mode and I've gotta say, while it's a genuinely great way to get through some of the exercises quickly, I think i'd be more excited to do it if it counted towards some of your stat totals lol.....I know it'd probably imbalance the main game if you got actual XP for doing them, but just seeing it contribute to your total of each exercise would still be nice -- they've got me hooked on watching the numbers go up I guess

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
This game is so legit, after discovering Mountain Climber I've been afraid to add it to my set due to it absolutely killing me and leaving me a piling breathless mess on the floor, I was scared of it that's how bad it was.

I added it back in today after around 3 months of petrification and I'm now bossing it, managed 4 sets and whilst it still kicks my arse in terms of sweating and breathing I didn't struggle to perform the reps.

This is from someone who has never held down an exercise regime in the 41 years of my life, total couch potato. Such an amazing game. I'm also started to notice tonage in my legs, chest & stomach. If I was dieting I would be seeing more results but I've just carried on as dieting makes me miserable.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and that RFA is proving to be more beneficial than ever.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I'm so glad this isn't "Switch Fit" or something generic like that, but rather a true new IP / world from Nintendo. It gives me hope to see a long future for this series... stories like the one above are so damn great to hear :)

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Y'all! Free update dropped in today's direct :D

Wanted to make sure y'all saw it even if you're not following the direct, details here:
www.resetera.com

Ring Fit Adventure Free Rhythm Game Update - Out Now!

Featuring music from BOTW, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey! EDIT: and... Link to timestamp from today's direct: In addition, this patch adds in the following... Female voice for ring Language options New Jog mode All available today for free! As someone who plays this daily, even more-so...