• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The fact that the original website that was used is banned leads me to question how trustworthy this is tbh

Ringfit is pretty cool though, I'm loving it myself

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Doesn't ringfit burn like 100 calories for 20 minutes? That daily isn't gonna do a whole lot vs a better fitting darker coloured shirt with no wind lmao

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Eating well >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fitness. Good for them though.

But nobody is going to get fit with this without changing eating habits.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always great to see people losing some weight while doing something that is not labelled as a sport in the first place.

Congrats to him.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Did he change his diet though? You can exercise and work out all you want, if you eat like crap, you won't lose anything.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
The difference in picture is funny for all the differences that make the before look worse than he might have been. At least this isn't one of those "the exercise changed everything" as the quote seemingly acknowledges that he had a good diet planned with the exercise.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Ring Fit even improved his vision. It truly is miracle software.

I'm sure diet and other factors played a role in this. Good for them for improving their health and well-being.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
People getting in better shape is always great to see.

Doesn't ringfit burn like 100 calories for 20 minutes? That daily isn't gonna do a whole lot vs a better fitting darker coloured shirt with no wind lmao
That seems fake af. No details and very different pictures.
Holding his belly in?

These comments are garbage honestly. Its
Not some dramatic unbelievable difference.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
while i doubt the game itself had a huge impact from an actual physical standpoint, if this was the catalyst he needed to change his eating habits and live healthier, god speed

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
You can't just get great results without making a lifestyle change (diet is part of the two pronged approach). I can believe his results if he completely changed his food intake too.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I can't wait for more posts talking about how fitness from a videogame is a lie. Your salt gives me sustenance.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I have only had it for 3 days. But it is amazing.
I set a goal for myself to play every day in 2020.
We will see if i stick to it. But it is a great fitness app.

Most of my sessions have only been about 15 minutes of active time and I am really feeling it. It definitely pushes you and makes you sore.

The game is fun in its own right. Definitely the best fitness/game thing i have ever used

diverit

Oct 27, 2017
The guy is Filipino and he mentions how effective RingFit is especially with a proper diet.

The naysayers here are particularly disheartening, especially since the OP had the Facebook post which has the word "diet" in it. Even if you didn't understand the language, you'd at least be able to imply he dieted along with exercising with RingFit.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I haven't seen results like that but after playing the game on and off for about a month. I can attest that it will transform your body more than you would think before getting it.

There are a lot of people in here who have clearly never played the game or know how it works. The disbelief at any form of physical transformation without changing his diet is insane. The game makes you do multiple sets of 15-20 per move to kill monsters and you have multiple encounter each level. Even playing for thirty minutes a day (+stretching and warmup), you would be doing substantial training.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exercise won't do that. Exercise does barely anything for weight loss, it's all about cutting down what you eat.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I really want to try this but the price point still seems so high. If my latest attempt at a fitness routine fails I may have to bite the bullet.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
It's an amazing game, and yet again another thread full of people eager to drop shit on something postive.

thelooseteeth

Mar 8, 2019
My girlfriend and I have been playing the last 3 days, and it's been great. Both of us are in a holiday rut, and it's helped us get out of it. Both of us have been waking up feeling energized, and yeah, doing it has made us start thinking about what we eat more (the game encourages you to do so).

For me gamifying excercise is incredibly motivating. I lost like 50lbs back in the day when DDR was a thing. I highly recommend it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I've been going at it for a couple months and while my weight isn't changed too much(still need to work on my diet), my muscle groups and tone have improved.

I do feel hardened in certain areas(legs especially given how goddamn many squats this game pushes per attack set!) I can tell measurements are shrinking slightly and muscle is growing slowly. If I can get my desire for eating out every night under control, I'd probably be in the next Mahvel film!

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Obviously diet is key, but don't underestimate the amount of calories Ring Fit Adventure can burn. Congratz to him, always nice to see people getting in shape.

Oct 25, 2017
The title for this thread is so damn exaggerated lol

Good for him though, hope Nintendo continues to make games like this, we need it more than ever.