• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
So excited to finally finish Final Fantasy VIII. Back when the game first came out I let my GF play it before me, when she was on disc 3 I was on disc 1 and then she lost disc 2 and I never got past it.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So excited to finally finish Final Fantasy VIII. Back when the game first came out I let my GF play it before me, when she was on disc 3 I was on disc 1 and then she lost disc 2 and I never got past it.
Wow this post sent me on a journey. I read the whole thing as GF = Guardian Force.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So it's not just me on the Quistis "best legs" Trepe hype train?
5213226-quisty.jpg

Fucking goddess.

underrated girl

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Nah, that GF put disc 2 in a normal place and told you where, but getting too close to a GF messes with your memory... Hope you recovered...

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Before he was unique, now he looks like a generic anime boy. Game looks good though

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Before he was unique, now he looks like a generic anime boy. Game looks good though
The hair isn't right but I think the issue is they softened his face a lot and his mouth and jaw all look really off. The eyes don't look bad when the mouth is covered.

I hope we get to see Seifer soon. We need the other best looking guy to show up.

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this as it is my favorite game, but Squall's update is my least favorite of what they have shown so far and he is my favorite character so that's a bit disappointing. He just doesn't look even close to the way he looks in the FMVs and his original design.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Squall was an idiot. Quistis was right there.
... Wasn't the entire point of the early game is that Squall isn't into Quistis and she can't get a clue?

Like her entire character is supposed to be "Yo, look at that hot chick!" and then it's revealed she's a trainwreck who peaked in highschool

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
The hair isn't right but I think the issue is they softened his face a lot and his mouth and jaw all look really off. The eyes don't look bad when the mouth is covered.

I hope we get to see Seifer soon. We need the other best looking guy to show up.

They have shown Seifer? Pretty sure I've seen him.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
... Wasn't the entire point of the early game is that Squall isn't into Quistis and she can't get a clue?

Like her entire character is supposed to be "Yo, look at that hot chick!" and then it's revealed she's a trainwreck who peaked in highschool

I mean, one of the major themes of the game is characters trying to act like grownups but failing because they've been forced to 'grow up' too fast and have no role models. Squall acts detached and 'cool' because he mistakes that for maturity. Quistis puts herself into a 'big sister' role, despite being barely older than the other characters and having not figured out her own shit.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
They have shown Seifer? Pretty sure I've seen him.
I haven't seen any reveal beyond the main 6. They have a summary on the JP website for Seifer but no updated model.

I've already resigned myself that Rinoa will look like a butchered mess. Her hair is flat and her face is super round. It's like they cut her Dissidia face out and pasted it on this model whereas everyone else got really nice updates.

Squall isn't interested in Quistis and finds her behavior as a teacher abusing her position to get close with students inappropriate. Squall is and always has been right about Quistis at the time.

Quistis isn't about being hot. She is a teenager who excels as a SeeD and is made an instructor way too young. She makes poor choices and isn't able to understand her position of power.

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any reveal beyond the main 6. They have a summary on the JP website for Seifer but no updated model.

Squall isn't interested in Quistis and finds her behavior as a teacher abusing her position to get close with students inappropriate. Squall is and always has been right about Quistis at the time.

Quistis isn't about being hot. She is a teenager who excels as a SeeD and is made an instructor way too young. She makes poor choices and isn't able to understand her position of power.

No I have seen a picture of his updated model. I'll see if I can find it later. There was an email, I didn't get it even though I signed up for it (I never get them for some reason) but someone in a discord did and shared.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
No I have seen a picture of his updated model. I'll see if I can find it later. There was an email, I didn't get it even though I signed up for it (I never get them for some reason) but someone in a discord did and shared.
Weird. I'm part of the email list and have received all the remaster emails(they sent gifs and profiles) but haven't seen Seifer on any of them. Not sure why they would limit that to certain people.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Squall's face looks weird and his hair still sucks but man I'm so happy we're finally getting this I don't care lol. Give us more info SE pleeeeeeease

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently an email was sent out with Seifer, Rinoa and Squall gifs. I only received the first one with the other main 5 characters which sucks.

Thanks to Scotia for making these gifs!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean higher quality models are nice and all but the redesign doesn't look very good at all for Squall. Especially the change in hair color and style. He just looks way different.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
That old meme was so good.

Squall's hair always looks dirty/greasy to me and this new model doesn't fix that but his face does look better, if on the generic side. I feel bad for the peeps of Balamb if there still aren't better looking dudes around.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's unclear whether he and fujin are SeeDs or not. they weren't part of that latest exam
They are just messengers. It's not really stated why both aren't members of SeeD but the most likely scenario is they didn't want to graduate until Seifer passed his exam.
I mean, Gackt did the mocap for Squall in the dancing scene.
Are you mixing him up with another character?

The mocap actor for the dance scene was Wataru Hirano.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if they had an option for new or old models I would probably just stick with the old ones.

Same for the other rereleases.