• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's character based, I'm curious if they're gonna go the Overwatch route and have all characters unlocked or you have to slowly unlock them all one by one. The latter is where you start skirting the line between fair and pay to win.

Siege has done the second one well enough to skate by without accusations of P2W but it's gonna depend entirely on the abilities for this game.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks well executed, but is CSGOverwatch a good enough hook to be a hit outside the hardcore competitive community? Doesn't look like it brings anything unique to the table, at least based on what they've shown here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Spiritual successor to CS, hyper-focus on anti-cheat, netcode, and hit registration, with some fantasy style themeing akin to Overwatch. Sounds like a dream game for me.

Right there with you.

I couldn't care less about LoL and have never been a fan of Riot's work... but man, CSGO has gotten too serious for me and the spray + community + cheating steered me away, and OW is no fun after 222 lock IMO. This game is like... so far... designed for me. Loving the snippets.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Honestly wasn't impressed by what they showed here. But it being from riot i do think the end product will be great.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Looks early but could have potential. It's nice that they're addressing performance concerns immediately. We'll see how it all turns out.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Design meeting for this game: "What other games do people like? Well, CSGO and Overwatch are popular esports games... Lets literally just mash those two things together." This has to be the least creative new game idea I've ever seen, and yet I think it'll probably be very popular lol so whatever I guess. I like the art style.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see anything special. Yeah they are trying to go after Blizzard, but really, if Blizzard is a shitshow now, I really don't want to support a company that is fully owned by tencent

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling "dedicated servers" a buzzword 😂 and their claims of having amazing netcode and next generation anti cheat was awkward as fuck. I think this will be a train wreck.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds cool. From the way it looks it remedies the one thing I hate most about Overwatch: Not being able to make a difference if your team sucks.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Looks awesome. Excited for this, specially if it's free-to-play with a similar model to league. Lots of potentials, hardcore CS shooting + the fun of overwatch.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
9H8RUyS.jpg

You can tell these guys aren't pro because their keyboards aren't like this

Xfbsqhr.jpg

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mixing unique characters/abilities with hardcore CSGO-like shooting could either be a recipe for disaster or something beautiful. Balance is going to be crucial for something like this if they want it to have legs in the competitive scene.

They better get rid of those one hit kills.

They were clear in stating that this is meant to be a competitive game, and the 1HK is part of that. R6 Siege has carried itself forward in the scene almost entirely on the back of the 1HK headshot mechanic.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
CSGO with abilities will either be cool or a disaster. As a tactical shooter fan I would hate it to die because some had their instabil ultimate ready, or something like that.