• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018

Thought this was funny. Most of us will never see a letter from a company like this, so I thought it was interesting to see how headhunters for companies like Riot introduce themselves.

Burst bait me if old.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean I doubt this is the first time Mike Z has been approached.

But they could've at least researched how to say Skullgirls first.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could at least be respectful and used the correct title for his previous game
With the people working at the top at Riot, a paranoid part of me think thats not even a mistake, but a way to "Yeah you made that silly game but this offer is way better than what you did"

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair they'd probably hate Mike after 3 months of actually having to be around him.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Mike knows his shit and is damned good at what he does for a living, but hes never been super good at the PR stuff. On the other hand, hes pretty much exactly where he wants to be and doesn't want anything to do with Riot and the mess going on there.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Why he burned that bridge is more important than how he did it.

If someone managed to miss the news about Riot this helps.

Even though he is bragging to a degree it is worth it for public discourse.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah that's a yikes from me, Mike

I get why he did it though. Also he pretty much is Lab Zero and they literally have Indivisible coming out in a month, so maybe not the best time to try to poach

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Why would he reveal this exchange?

They are trying to hire you. If you are not interested just politely refuse and move on...

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Lab Zero was Mike Z, like he owns it or partially owns it? Either way I don't think he has to worry about burning the bridge to Riot if he never plans to leave Lab Zero.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where I stand on people being blunt as all hell all the time, I think I usually prefer it to most types of people tho

Jun 12, 2018
Why would he publicize this? Completely unprofessional and he probably just burned god knows how many bridges from companies that just saw this.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
GW430