• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Copied Below from Source (VeryAli Gaming) "Earlier today, we came across a recent job listing on the Riot Games website for the Senior Game Designer, Console position at the company's Bellevue studio in Washington, United States, the description for which reads, "As a Senior Game Designer within Riot R&D you will help Riot build a brand new AAA title. You will design and refine features, modes, and systems to help bring console game products to market." So, it seems like the company is working on a new AAA game for consoles. However, it's uncertain whether this unannounced game is a new franchise or an installment to a previous one.

The Same Bellevue Office was opened in Dec 9, 2021, and as per Riot Games "Teams in the new office will primarily focus on VALORANT before expanding to other titles."

Riot Games

Furthermore, one of the required qualifications for the job listing mentions that candidate should have "shipped or worked on at least one console based AAA+ online competitive game," which makes it clear that this unannounced console game will be a multiplayer one with a competitive aspect to it, just like League of Legends and VALORANT.

Riot Games

While an online competitive aspect doesn't come as a surprise for Riot Games, an unannounced AAA game for console platforms is certainly something intriguing. In 2021, the company released its turned-based role-playing spin-off of League of Legends, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, on PC and consoles. However, the game wasn't developed by Riot Games itself but by a third-party studio, Airship Syndicate. So, it's certainly new for the company itself to make a debut to console platforms with a AAA online competitive game."

Valorant on Console? there have been rumors about this for a while now.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valorant adapted to consoles only makes sense. Its extremely popular and will 100% find a console audience. They are basically leaving money on the table if they don't do it.

Also might make sense for them to release a console version of LOL: Wild Rift. The Wild Rift version of LOL seems like it could easily be adapted to console controls.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Riot is going to be so much bigger in the next few years. Project L, Hytale, their League MMO. They have so much in the works, it's incredible to see how a studio of 2,500 can pull off that much.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People said the same about CSGO, and the game never became popular on Consoles.

Valve also never really supported it either. They just shat it out and kind of that was it. If you're a console player looking across the isle at all the support and features the PC version is getting while you're over here getting zero support of course you're going to drop it.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Valve also never really supported it either. They just shat it out and kind of that was it. If you're a console player looking across the isle at all the support and features the PC version is getting while you're over here getting zero support of course you're going to drop it.
I think that's a fair argument. Given, how successful some of the new COD Games have been with cross-play, maybe it might work with Valorant, even though it would be hard to beat PC players. My thoughts go back to CSGO, primarily because it's kinda competitor to Valorant in most sense.

How did Rainbow Six Siege do on Consoles?

Riot is going to be so much bigger in the next few years. Project L, Hytale, their League MMO. They have so much in the works, it's incredible to see how a studio of 2,500 can pull off that much.

They are a very decent run studio, good child of Tencent /s

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I wish Blizzard had this much care with their IP's, instead of torpeding them into the ground.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The MMO alone will need a very large team. I anticipate they will scale up alot once that gets into full production.

It also came out on the PS3 which also hampered it. The time when pushing updates costed much more than it does currently. which is why TF2 and orange box on PS3 was left to die.

I think the competitive scene of what it was on the PS3 versus how much it grew on the PS4 and PS5 means Valorant will be a bigger hit this time around.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't realize Valo wasn't on consoles. Huh.

Also Hytale is never coming out.
Game is fake.
You can't fool me.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I'd def try Valorant if it was on console.

This could also be for the console versions of Project L.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Cant imagine console Valorant feeling good to play, but hey the more reach the better I guess. Maybe with MKB support and crossplay it'd be a solid option for some people. Series S should be able to run it with ease at 120hz

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
::Slaps the project L sign:: WHERE IS IT!??! SHOW IT TO ME!!!

(I fully recognize that this isn't project L)

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a fair argument. Given, how successful some of the new COD Games have been with cross-play, maybe it might work with Valorant, even though it would be hard to beat PC players. My thoughts go back to CSGO, primarily because it's kinda competitor to Valorant in most sense.

How did Rainbow Six Siege do on Consoles?

Siege is doing great on consoles. They just released the Current Gen PS5/XSX versions last fall. And they are getting ready for yet another year of support just like the PC version. All versions are content matched at this point.

I think the market has really changed since 2010 era console shooter days. Valorant could absolutely compete in today's console market and unlike when CS:GO was released on consoles the infrastructure is there for long term support (i.e. HDD's are standard now) remember this was the era where developers made you download "compatibility packs" because title updates had to be extremely minimal in size. Consoles at that point where in a really clunky half-step era where DLC and digital games were *kind* of a thing but gaming was still mostly disc based so developers couldn't go crazy with post-launch support like they can now days.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope if it's Valorant they don't attempt Crossplay. Don't need another PC shooter ruined by having to crank up aim assist to aimbot levels just so controllers can compete. Games like Valorant and CSGO are basically the last safe haven from that garbage.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless, it's kept up over the years as one of the Top 5 Games on PC/Steam when looking at FPS. Surely, Valve would have thought on updating it on consoles?

Valve doesn't do things all the time. Maybe someone told them they were about to release a third patch for the console versions or something

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There were already leaks about a Valorant console version so I 100% am convinced that's what this is.

There was also the word "console" found in the files, I think.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
In a recent WR dev update, it was stated that NEWS (not a release of any kind, just news) for Wild Rift on consoles would only be coming in 2023. So anybody waiting shouldn't hold their breath for long

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
re;CSGO talk

CSGO's business model is fundamentally incompatible with consoles, other than the $15 pass for priority matchmaking. Anything like Steam Market is a straight-up No-Go outside of Steam itself.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
I'd love Valorant on consoles. Only Siege really fills that niche atm
Valorant on console would be nice!!
re;CSGO talk

CSGO's business model is fundamentally incompatible with consoles, other than the $15 pass for priority matchmaking. Anything like Steam Market is a straight-up No-Go outside of Steam itself.
I really don't think its very easy to play on Console at all. Also, the Faceit Integration, and so many other things make it hard.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Siege is doing great on consoles. They just released the Current Gen PS5/XSX versions last fall. And they are getting ready for yet another year of support just like the PC version. All versions are content matched at this point.

I think the market has really changed since 2010 era console shooter days. Valorant could absolutely compete in today's console market and unlike when CS:GO was released on consoles the infrastructure is there for long term support (i.e. HDD's are standard now) remember this was the era where developers made you download "compatibility packs" because title updates had to be extremely minimal in size. Consoles at that point where in a really clunky half-step era where DLC and digital games were *kind* of a thing but gaming was still mostly disc based so developers couldn't go crazy with post-launch support like they can now days.
Good perspective, I strongly agree with it. Everything has changed so significantly. In my opinion, a Revamped CSGO would also work on consoles.