• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Before we get into the details, a quick clarification: the gameplay clip that we aired at Undercity Nights is still what the gaming industry calls a 'vertical slice.' We built this to hammer out the final look of the game, in advance of actually going in and building all of our content like characters and stages. Our vertical slice might give you the sense that the game is ready, but we actually still have a lot of work ahead of us. So, although we've made a great deal of progress, we will not be shipping in 2021 or 2022.
We're excited to share that Project L will be a tag-team style fighting game, where you'll build and pilot a team of two different champions. In this preview, you'll see we've updated the game's art style and included a breakdown of a champion's kit. You'll catch a glimpse of how we're approaching controls with an easy-to-learn but hard-to-master mentality.
We also talk a little about one of our top priorities for the game: to build the absolute best in netcode that you can get in a fighter. Of course we're starting with rollback as a foundation, and we're adding in existing tech from Riot like RiotDirect, which does a great job at minimizing ping for League of Legends and VALORANT.
Last time we talked we said we'd be going dark, but this time around we're going to commit to AT LEAST two updates next year. You'll hear from us again sometime early in the second half of 2022. GG until then.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Visuals look way better now, wow. This is how it looked in 2019.

League-of-Legends-fighting-game-teaser-1.png

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I am not a fighint game guy but I love League world so I might get into it, It really looks great

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I vomit uncontrollably at the sight of 30fps fighting game trailers.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Team Tag based, will use rollback combined their own tech already used in other games(RiotDirect), next update only H2 2022 (with at least 2 updates confirmed for next year) and release in 2023 at earliest.

Edit: Man this looks great, the amount of work they are putting on these projects is insane, unless they fuck up big time the MMO will be massive(pun intended).

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't they making an MMO?

Fighting games aren't really my thing but probably gonna try that.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks slightly off, maybe its cause Jinx's face is showing no emotion getting hit haha.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
My only real question with this update is how inputs will be me. They showed down + button, but I'm homing for motions.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Never touched LoL but Damn that game looks cool

simple inputs, f2p, top tier netcode, visually stands out, tons of variety of gameplay.

This game is going to make waves in the genre

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hopefully there'll be some characters with regular command controls. It may sound weird, but I find simple control characters like Ed and Falke in SFV harder to use lol, my brain can't get used to their inputs.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I really like those visuals, way better than shown initially.

I hope it turns out well.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Getting Tony Cannon on this is a big fat W
Netcode is going to be in tip-top shape the way they're talking

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good visually but the footage looks stuttery?

Ahri doing something like guard crush, ground bounce, long ass juggle into otg super. sequence went on for so long that if the execution for that kind of thing is easy its going to be extremely boring.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Will be very interesting to see where this goes. Between the team and the backing, this has all the opportunity to end up a fighting game mainstay.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Getting Tony Cannon on this is a big fat W

Well that's why Riot bought his company.

Still, been waiting for this since 2016 when they got bought out, looks good and if Riot do this properly they will clean house. Lots of fighting games persist in arsebackwards ideas and philosophies and delay based netcode, there's real space for a newcomer to sweep in and take over.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Looks like they've gone in on making it a 3D anime fighter like GG. I'm actually pretty interested based off of what they've shown here today. Just hope they get some of the champs I like in. Maokai please.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rest in peace to literally every other fighting game ever. Shit looks very fucking tight and will absolutely dominate the FGC.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Sinophobia
Is this game gonna have a rootkit too
Oh no doubt. Level 0 access from boot to a company owned by Tencent. No dodgy CCP connections there. I'll be honest on a forum that's filled with gaming enthusiasts I'm surprised you're the only one to mention it and even more surprised how little acknowledgement it received

System2

Oct 27, 2017
California
Wish the video quality/framerate wasn't so shitty, but the game is looking really good. Glad to see some long combos in there. Wish we had motion specials instead of easy inputs but that was never gana change.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Shame it's so far off but it's looking good at least. Being a tag fighter separates it from SF6. Hopefully Capcom can get us SF6 in 2022.