• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Pretty solid roster and very diff from previous outings.

rise_of_tmnt_cast_image_-_h_2017.jpg

From left: Kat Graham (April O'Neil), Josh Brener (Donatello), Omar Miller (Raphael), Brandon Mychal Smith (Michelangelo) and Ben Schwartz (Leonardo)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...r-voice-cast-new-ninja-turtles-series-1053908

A different take on the series for sure

Graham is set to voice April O'Neil, a street-savvy New Yorker who is the Turtles' most trusted ally, while Brener will voice Donatello, an unflappable mechanical genius and tech wizard.

Also joining the cast are Omar Miller (Ballers) as Raphael, the oldest and physically biggest brother who is now the Turtles' leader; Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Leonardo, the self-professed "coolest" brother; and Brandon Mychal Smith (You're the Worst) as Michelangelo, the youngest brother who is an artist and awesome skateboarder with a wild colorful, and imaginative personality.

In addition, Eric Bauza (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) has been cast as Splinter, who serves as a father figure and sensei to the Turtles.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Raph being the leader is going to make a lot of people happy. Definitely different though.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Will the tone be more comedy focused? I wonder what the style will be like if the Samurai Jack character designer is on it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, this cast seems to be good. I'm glad they're rebooting the series, despite the 2012 series being my personal favorite version. The series has ended where it needed to be, showing a few more adventures after the series climax but nothing is going to top

The death of Shredder

so going with a different direction is probably the way to go.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
I legit thought that the CG Nickelodeon series was still going, but this sounds pretty cool. Are there any images showcasing the new style floating around?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit thought that the CG Nickelodeon series was still going, but this sounds pretty cool. Are there any images showcasing the new style floating around?

Series finale (well technically it was a non-canon side story set in an apocalyptic future) was on September 27th so it ended not too long ago.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I was just about to post this.

Feels like I'm looking at a photo of a bunch of kids, and a big dude who fucks strippers on Ballers.

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
Ralph is the leader only so that they can run a season or series long story arc of Leo claiming leadership.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ralph being the leader makes me think this show is gunna be super goofy...then again I'm 31 and there's next to zero chance that I'd ever watch it regardless, so have fun to whomever this is targeted for.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Did they basically switch Ralph and Leo's personality? Normally Leo is the leader and Ralph is the 'self proclaimed coolest.' I'm guessing Ralph will still be brooding though?

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doing my boy Leo dirty :(

WTF is his personality going to be if not the stoic leader?

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Raph the leader? He always reminded me of the Vegeta/Wolverine type character... Leader first with some Leo character development? Is Raph more popular?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raph the leader? He always reminded me of the Vegeta/Wolverine type character... Leader first with some Leo character development? Is Raph more popular?

I don't think Leo is ever the most popular character. Hell, Leo never has a character other than "leader" until the 2012 series where they gave him a more nerdish personality and gave Donatello a more tech obsessed personality.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy it's going to be 2D. We have any idea what the animation looks like yet?

Great to see Ben Schwartz get more work. Loved him in House of Lies/Ducktales.

People not super into the Turtles I know love Raph. The guys I used to work with at the office all grabbed his 3D glasses when the movie came out.

Did some looking around a found a forum poll. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/who-is-the-most-popular-tmnt-in-general-1589413/

Poll goes Raph, Leo, Mikey, Donnie.

Mikey's my favourite, although I think Donnie's the best.

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I always felt that Leo was the least popular of the four with Raphael being the most popular in all versions. That doesn't mean though that Raph should actually be the leader. That kind of a bad idea.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Awesome casting, but yeah, not sure about the Raphael being the leader.

But let's wait and see, I had my reservations when the 2012 series was announced and ended up being my favorite version of the turtles

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Again, the leadership role was more ambiguous in the original comics. Raphael and Leonardo both shared contrasting ability.

Yeah I always felt that Leo was the least popular of the four with Raphael being the most popular in all versions. That doesn't mean though that Raph should actually be the leader. That kind of a bad idea.

I wouldn't agree with that. I usually have a different for each of the variations. Michelangelo generally was the most popular in the early days.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Why did they switch Raph and Leo?

Right? It seems like that's literally all they're doing. I'm sure Raph will have a deeper voice and be a bit more 'Batman' than he was in the OG cartoon, but he works as stoic or sarcastic whatever his role on the team. Leo could have had some character development in his traditional position as leader without having to make him a weird Michaelangelo/old-cartoon-Raph hybrid.

Very interested regardless though. Raph was always my favourite, and I love Ben Schwartz. Hope it's a good show!

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Raph being the leader sounds interesting, but from that description it just sounds like they swapped Raph and Leo's names, not actually switched roles. Leo as "the self-professed coolest brother"?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Raph guy and I'm not sure I like him as the leader. We'll see.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Is April not going to be white in this one? That'd be interesting.

Raph is too irresponsible though to be leader