• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they put some effort into the animation, i'd hate to see them in that new 2D stiff assed animation style.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
lol Jean-Ralphio as Leo? Leo always has the strangest voice actors, I've no idea why. The lead guy from American Pie voiced him last time iirc?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
lol Jean-Ralphio as Leo? Leo always has the strangest voice actors, I've no idea why. The lead guy from American Pie voiced him last time iirc?
For a while than he had problem with the Nick higher ups (some say that it is because his social media pages were not exactly kid friendly) so they changed to Seth green (Oz from Buffy)

Oct 28, 2017
I only watched the first season but the Nick TMNT had no business being as good as it is (was?)

It only gets better from there, believe me.

I was expecting it to be vapid, kid pandering crap (the designs for April and Casey didn't exactly help that perception either), but the writers were able to treat the series, and its fans, with respect. They deserve props.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, until Seth Green replaced him cause the American Pie guy was tweeting some stuff that Nickelodeon didn't care for.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my.

But even so, Seth Green is a weird pick too. I like Seth Green and all, but he doesn't sound very 'leaderly'.

I agree with you. He doesn't. It was a bit weird hearing him as the lead. I don't know if it coincided or if it was planned in the series but the show kind of has a reason for his voice being different.

Leo is severely injured and is KO'ed/comatose and can't speak for a long time. When he wakes up I think they even mention how he was still hurt and possibly even mention of his voice being different.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Huh, that's really interesting actually. I did watch a season of the show and enjoyed it alot..I think I'll see it through before this new one comes out.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I like the cast, not sure about some of the character changes. Also, I really, really loved the CG Nick turtles cartoon (I haven't finished it yet! Me and my wife are halfway through season 4 on Hulu).

I grew up in the 80's with the original cartoon, and I adored how the Nick version felt true to that series, while also doing its own thing in regards to characters and plot lines. And the theme song was delightfully catchy and a great throwback to the classic one.

But I love me some Ninja Turtles, and the cast is great picks, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Will watch just for that Mikey casting. Hope it's good, show has a tough act to follow

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Also joining the cast are Omar Miller (Ballers) as Raphael, the oldest and physically biggest brother who is now the Turtles' leader

tumblr_ly2xi5uNDN1qeuuopo7_r1_250.gif

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Didn't care for the 2012 show that much, so I guess I don't really care that this show is trying something different. If it ends up being better than I expect, great. If not, I still have IDW.

At the very least, I'm glad they did something different with April. Maybe she can have kinky/frizzy hair for the first time since early Mirage!

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind a shakeup of the status quo. We've had three TMNT shows with Leo as leader, Raph as the hothead, etc. It'll be interesting to see how this shake up plays out.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they put some effort into the animation, i'd hate to see them in that new 2D stiff assed animation style.

That is what I am half expecting.

I see it is another one for the young demographic. I was kind of hoping they would take some inspiration from the current IDW comic. At least there are lots of interesting new designs are cool new takes on classic characters. Maybe not as dark, but maybe it could have at least given us something similar to the 2003 series.

Hopefully we get some Blu-Ray releases of the 2012 series finally. I just want to finally collect that but don't want DVDs and don't want to buy digital copies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the point of having Leo trade places with Raph.

I kind of abandoned the Nick TV show after a couple of seasons, but the first one was unabashedly great entertainment. Not sure if I'll be back for this. I think I squeezed out all the nostalgia I had for TMNT.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TMNT was my childhood but Raph as the leader? No thanks. They just ruined 2 characters.

They should have just made Mikey the genius too and Donny the dumb ass one. Idiots.

Oct 25, 2017
Well sounds like 03 TMNT will retain it's title as best series.

That Raph change alone sounds like the start of a trash fire.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
What? Raph is supposed to be the hothead "coolguy". Whats the point of switching Leo's and Raph's personalities? All you're going to do is make people who like Raph like Leo and vice-versa.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
What? Raph is supposed to be the hothead "coolguy". Whats the point of switching Leo's and Raph's personalities? All you're going to do is make people who like Raph like Leo and vice-versa.

I assume they are going to pull a Voltron. Where Ralph is the big brother training and mentoring , Leo for his eventual leadership role.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
It's a bit of a tall order to replace the 2012 series. It certainly had its stumbles but I loved the interpretations of the established characters and the newly created ones.

You can tell Nick didn't give the 2012 show the animated budget it really needed, being a 3D show and all. A ton of asset reuse and episodes set in old environments that started to feel tired after a while to cut down on the budget. With 2D they should have a lot more freedom.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if Leo ends the series as the leader doing some maturing and a spate of mistakes from Raphs leadership that could be cool.

I'm willing to give just about everything turtles a shot.