• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Randy must be happy

441059d50c73a6816ac8394354c3de932c55fa89.png

First off, we are very excited to announce that Risk of Rain 2 passed over 1 million sales on Steam alone in a month since our Early Access launch! To give you guys a little bit of context, it took us almost 5 years to hit that same number on Steam for Risk of Rain 1. We are excited to see how many of you are jumping into RoR 2. Thank you all so much - we feel very lucky.

Last week we released our Content Roadmap, and the initial response has been overwhelmingly positive. As we get closer to the first content update we want to give more details on what's included beyond just the major features listed on the roadmap.

Internally, we have continued to work on the new content update since launch and are really happy with the way things are turning out. This update is particularly exciting for us because ALL of the content included in our first update will be new content to the Risk of Rain universe.Expect a brand-new survivor, map, and more. If you're a RoR1 fan and you miss some RoR1 survivors - don't give up yet. Future content updates will weave in some returning content from Risk 1; we hear your wishes!

We hope our first content update plants the seeds necessary to continue growing Risk of Rain 2 into an even better game for players.. This patch will also include quality of life updates and bug fixes! Again, as we get closer to launching this content update we will be sharing more details and even some teasers of what's to come.

As a reminder, we will still be shipping patches containing bug fixes, alongside full localization, before the first Content Update. You can read about that and more in our roadmap announcement post from last week.

We are hard at work on Content Update 1 and are so excited to share more details with you soon. Again, thank you all so much for the amazing support and helping us build this amazing community around Risk of Rain 2.

-Hopoo Games Team

Steam

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Congrats to the team!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/632360/announcements/detail/1600377824844622099

First off, we are very excited to announce that Risk of Rain 2 passed over 1 million sales on Steam alone in a month since our Early Access launch! To give you guys a little bit of context, it took us almost 5 years to hit that same number on Steam for Risk of Rain 1. We are excited to see how many of you are jumping into RoR 2. Thank you all so much - we feel very lucky.

Thanks to eonden for the link.

It should be noted that on its first day of release (only), the game had an offer where you'd get an extra copy to gift to a friend. Furthermore the game currently has an aggregate 'Very positive' status with 14,000 reviews.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's awesome to hear. Also wow, didn't think it took that long for RoR1.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. ROR1 was quite a special game to me so they deserve the success for taking a risk and changing things up while making sure they had a good game as well. Plus 3rd person suits me better even if I did like ROR1 a lot.

I am waiting for....idk what I am waiting for before jumping in but I hope to get it before long.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Guess we put up our threads at the same time?
Thanks to the mods for merging/closing the other one.

Oct 28, 2017
Been pumping countless hours into the game. I'll put it on and suddenly its 2am. Definitely worth the paltry asking price.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Best shlooter on Steam, weird that it succeeded considering Steam is always very bad and evil to indies

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
giphy.gif

This game is a goddamn blast with a full squad, them doing that B1G1 deal at launch was such a smart marketing move

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good for them, really loving the game. It's mad addicting, I'm thirsty for some new content.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Would have sold 2 million if it was on Epic Game Store. *thinkingemoji*

In all seriousness, congrats to Hopoo on their success with the game. It's an awesome one...like it way more than the first. I guess it was a wise decision to had that spotlight during that Borderlands 3 reveal stream.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've only been playing this lately

And making my friends buy it too

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I've played three rounds with my friends and it has been fun each time. It is a good change of pace from the other games we play.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Amazing game. I have stayed away from gaming for a couple of months and last weekend I decided to buy this game and give it a try.

It's incredibly relaxing and it hooked me right away. I come back home and play one game until my character dies, which is usually after 30 or 40 minutes. I wish I was better at it!

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I remember the first reveal for this game most people, myself included, were super skeptical of how well it would translate.

Devs really did an amazing job. Game is phenomenal. They deserve all the success they've gotten.

Oct 25, 2017

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Game is fantastic. Even in Early Access one of the best that released this year. Well deserved.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
100% deserved. it's SO GOOD.

we were one of the few outlets/channels that covered the game here in Brazil and i'm baffled that more people didn't do it, the game's a gem

although to be fair, the game isn't out yet, so i can understand it having 0 reviews

statistically most indies don't get reviewed on traditional mediums, just a select bunch.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
It's a fun little game. I've been playing it when my friends and I don't know what else to play. You get your fix for an hour and then jump back in whenever. It's a lot of fun.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
If this comes to switch I'm in trouble. I can't stop playing it and having it portable would be dangerous

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Super fun game. I'm glad they never felt the pressure from fans to keep the game 2D. Felt bad when the Momodora devs tried to make the series 3D but fan reactions made the cancel the project.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I still don't understand this game from gameplay video or trailer but i'm kinda interested...

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Very good, it's well deserved. One of the best multiplayer releases this year.

Unfortunately, this game didn't make it within the high curation standards of EGS *shrugs*

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I was sceptical about the move to 3D but the game is a blast. the environments need some work but the foundation is incredible.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome news, both for the Risk of Rain Developers and Valve/Steam. The game is really, really good for anyone interested in shooters or roguelikes.

I'm positive it would have only sold a fraction on EGS, and the thing is this game is going to continue well on Steam because it's high user reviews and early access nature of receiving content updates. Considering that Gearbox is the publisher and the time this game came out, I am flabbergasted that it wasn't an EGS exclusive.