• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

And the Official site: https://www.kuniokun.jp/rcg/

Screenshot_20190809-2006552.png

Price: ¥2,900 not including tax

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So I know the leads of this game were in previous River City/Kunio games in Japan, but are these the same gfs that were rescued in Ransom that got tough after that initial kidnapping? Or are these different girls?

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not usually into this kind of style, but character design in RCG and its overall art direction are really, really nice.

Abobo being in this just the cherry on top.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
So I know the leads of this game were in previous River City/Kunio games in Japan, but are these the same gfs that were rescued in Ransom that got tough after that initial kidnapping? Or are these different girls?
That's Mami/Cyndi, Riki/Ryan's kidnapped girlfriend back in River City Ransom. Mami herself actually appears in this game too (there's Japanese stream out there that shows this), just not as Riki's girlfriend any more. It's almost like this game is a reboot or alternative continuity.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
That's Mami/Cyndi, Riki/Ryan's kidnapped girlfriend back in River City Ransom. Mami herself actually appears in this game too (there's Japanese stream out there that shows this), just not as Riki's girlfriend any more. It's almost like this game is a reboot or alternative continuity.

Some old-ish in development footage featuring Mami/Cyndi for those who haven't seen it yet (she appears to be a major B).

I was kind of surprised by the amount of innuendo, but hey, highschoolers.

Oct 25, 2017
That's Mami/Cyndi, Riki/Ryan's kidnapped girlfriend back in River City Ransom. Mami herself actually appears in this game too (there's Japanese stream out there that shows this), just not as Riki's love interest any more. It's almost like this game is a reboot or alternative continuity.
No, Kyoko was his girlfriend in Banka as well.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Abobo looks awesome and it looks like Yamada will be a boss too, neat! I really want to see more of Misuzu in action.
Banka was also an abnormality, totally isolated from the series canon. If you check out 3DS games Mami is still his girlfriend.
I think Banka is supposed to be the furthest game in the timeline, but either way the localized 3DS games are a prequel and a reimagining of RCR, so it makes sense.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
One of my most anticipated games for 2019. However, the fluidity of the combos gives me that River City Underground feel. Feels a bit 'slow', like you can't control every frame don't know how to explain it exactly, in simpler words: lacks the fluidity that the other beat-em up game Fight'n Rage has.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this looks a gazillion times better than DD Neon
I'm kinda vocal about not really loving Wayforward games but yeah, It really does. Neon simply couldn't stop winking at the player (a very fashionable thing to do in 2011/2012 games using 80s throwback themes), but this game looks way beyond Neon's lame irony, tonally.

That's not to say I have high expectations about the mechanics. I don't even like the original River City Ransom's, to be honest. But I juuuust might give this a shot since it has a lot of style.

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda weird that we really haven't been given solid info on the physical releases, from either play Asia or LRG. And that release date is coming soon...

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
6DIkYn8.jpg

Oh my god why can't we have more big muscle women in suits like this?!? It's so attractive to me. I want her to slam me!

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a fan of the running gag with Misuzu where she's treated like a joke character because "lol non-conventionally attractive girl". Hopefully WF treats her better, her new design looks awesome.