• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck did I just watch, I felt like I missed an episode there

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Well, well, well...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/riverdale-is-doing-a-musical-episode-of-heathers-1831846357

Riverdale will have another musical episode on March 20th.

"Last year, we had a blast doing Carrie. This year, we wanted to honor another iconic teen movie. Heathers: The Musical is BIG FUN, with great roles for the Riverdale kids," executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa told the official Archie Comics site. "And everyone is singing…"

alz4zsiofjthdtxyh76t.jpg

Archie's name is on the list so... Surprise! Look who's alive!

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Archie's nightmare scenes. They're as subtle as a brick through a stained glass window, but the atmosphere and tone was pretty great. More borderline-supernatural shit, please.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
I think the show's treading a fine line between enjoyable guilty pleasure trash television to just trash television. Most recent episode was a mess, tonally and narratively. The most exciting element of the mid-season break was just abandoned immediately for more standard Riverdale soap opera.

Jughead and FP were supposed to be cordoned off from entering Riverdale for example - and then miraculously they're just there? Unless I missed something?

I'll still tune in but the quality took a nosedive with this most recent one. Hope the show improves.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Just watched... I have no idea how or what anything just happened in these last 40 minutes.... I have never felt so confused at just every minute of a show before. It felt like they just time skipped season of Quarantined Riverdale. The show just starts and Jug's back in town, Archie's hair isn't even dyed anymore, and Cheryl & Topaz were cat burglars... before I knew it there was a room of dead nuns on the ground.

I'm not sure watching at 2am was a good idea because now I'm gonna have nightmares of Blue Lipped Warden.

Wait that's right why and how the hell did Archie get stealth mauled by a bear... and also how the hell did he get away... Did the dog kill the bear?! I'm so thrown off by the episode discarding whatever they were coming from and simultaneously tossing a million out of nowhere events all into this returning episode.

Last edited:

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Good rendition of 'Maybe This Time'; but why in the hell is Veronica singing it? I can't think of a character who has been more lucky or gotten their way all the time on this show more than she has. 'Maybe this time I'll win' - yeah probably, just like all the other times I suppose. A very weird choice unless it's supposed to be ironic in that she's about to have a fall.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So is KJ Apa feuding with someone on the cast? And some bad handling of that quarantine thing. Even worse than The Flash resetting every cliffhanger after one episode.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Last week had to be one of the worst episodes of the show right? Maybe the worst? I have no idea what they are thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Wtf this show and the disappearing Toni and Cheryl. Also how have Archie not being in Riverdale and seconds after he gets back gives him more relationship screen time than Toni. Cheryl, Kevin, Alice combined

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Veronica, I would never hurt your father, how could you even think that"

giphy.gif

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Thanks. I wish Netflix did those globally.

As for the episode itself, what exactly is happening? Did someone remember that this is a high school show? I think Archie hasn't been in juvie/Canada that long and now he's a drunk and can't get his life back on track. What.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
I'm okay with Riverdale being Riverdale and usually the performances are at least passable. But good Lord guys that locker room scene this week was terrible

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. I wish Netflix did those globally.

As for the episode itself, what exactly is happening? Did someone remember that this is a high school show? I think Archie hasn't been in juvie/Canada that long and now he's a drunk and can't get his life back on track. What.

It seems like there was a time jump. They didn't even want to address bow Archie recovered.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with Riverdale being Riverdale and usually the performances are at least passable. But good Lord guys that locker room scene this week was terrible

Was Reggie's actor drunk for that entire scene? He's not exactly a GOOD actor on the best of days, but that was mind-blowingly bad.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
$5 says that bear that attacked Archie was a Werebear and a future Halloween episode is going to be about Archie coming to terms with his new Werebear reality.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I haven't watched since the mid-season finale, but that sounds stupid enough that I need to catch up.

This show is a glorious trainwreck

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This show lol. Every week. So much dumb shit going on. If they just slowed things down and focused the show a bit more it would be so much better.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
A few random thoughts about this episode:

1. How is Archie still alive? They once again completely disregarded their last big dramatic reveal like it was nothing. Just a few words at the beginning of the episode, and hey, nothing happened! The fact that no events have any actual importance in this show – not even death – begins to be really boring.

2. Oh no that's right, something changed: Archie is now drinking root beer floats instead of milkshakes... what a dark, tortured soul...

3. That really made me laugh. Archie is truly a disguise master:
Veronica: What the hell happened to your hair?
Archie: I dyed it, so I wouldn't get recognized in case your father came looking for me.

4. Look at those small bear claw "scars" that will probably be gone next time we see Archie's chest again. Exactly like the big runic symbol that somebody forcefully branded on his torso earlier this season.

5. lol at Betty's father "Silence of the Lambs" cell.

6. And really, FP Jones – the known ex-leader and still sympathizer of one of the biggest criminal gangs around – is now the new sheriff. Sure whatever...

Why am I listening to this show again? Is it what they call the Stockholm syndrome? Please send help.

Last edited:

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
These last 2 episodes were the writers realizing they were about to go too far off the rails and reeling the characters back in for a soft reset. I'm guessing next up they'll go all in on this farm cult nonsense and find out Edgar Evernever is the true evil in Riverdale.

jizzywinks

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm convinced that the writers for the each of the episodes haven't been allowed to look at each other's scripts

Oct 28, 2017
California
A few random thoughts about this episode:

1. How is Archie still alive? They once again completely disregarded their last big dramatic reveal like it was nothing. Just a few words at the beginning of the episode, and hey, nothing happened! The fact that no events have any actual importance in this show – not even death – begins to be really boring.

2. Oh no that's right, something changed: Archie is now drinking root beer floats instead of milkshakes... what a dark, tortured soul...

3. That really made me laugh. Archie is truly a disguise master:
Veronica: What the hell happened to your hair?
Archie: I dyed it, so I wouldn't get recognized in case your father came looking for me.

4. Look at those small bear claw "scars" that will probably be gone next time we see Archie's chest again. Exactly like the big runic symbol that somebody forcefully branded on his torso earlier this season.

5. lol at Betty's father "Silence of the Lambs" cell.

6. And really, FP Jones – the known ex-leader and still sympathizer of one of the biggest criminal gangs around – is now the new sheriff. Sure whatever...

Why am I listening to this show again? Is it what they call the Stockholm syndrome? Please send help.

dad's Silence of the Lambs prison cell made me fucking laugh lmao.

Jan 2, 2018
I love this dumb show!

The Silence of the Lamb nod was great, and really subtle. And with subtle I mean that they beat you over the head with it. It was glorious.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

You know, what I ever really wanted from an Archie live action show was a neverending Archie - Betty - Veronica love triangle, some drama, and maybe a few mysteries here and there. But instead we got... batshit crazy Riverdale! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I'm at a point where things have been so disjointed and jumping around from plot to plot that I don't even know what this season is even about anymore. Also given the current pattern I'm half expecting next week to start and FP isn't even a sheriff at all anymore and nobody even mentions it being a thing.

I will however say that I laughed when Archie heard about the SATs coming. "... SATs? Oh shit that's right this is a school"

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
So I take it we're all dropping like flies - new episode tonight The Red Dahlia just aired and no comments on Era! About to watch now so will report back.