• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
giphy.gif

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Black Lightning's stinger was already super great, but this... this...

source.gif

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Solid as fuck episode.

Love the creepy vibes.
Hopefully the prison shit doesn't last too long.

And that fucking ending, last 5 minutes were just whaaat.

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck at that ending.

Solid premiere, very interested to see where this could go.

If I had a complaint, it's how much of an idiot Archie still with his handling of the deal and them giving the idea that Betty actually might have a therapist only to go oh-no, she's faking it for a fake prescription. Get her in therapy ASAP.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, they're definitely going to explain that away as
Betty having a seizure from taking too much Adderall and hallucinating it.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Love this show. It is so trashy and bat shit crazy, not to mention straight up random, in addition to being a CW teen drama and normally that would generate so much hate out of me, but in this shows case its just somehow winds up brilliant.

Cheryl + her bow = awesome

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching season 2 halfway through, but have been catching up lately. Just have the finale to watch. I loved season 1, but everyone I know who watched it gave up on season 2... It's batshit crazy.

The gang stuff is so bad. The Lodges are terrible. Cheryl is legit crazy - what she says, how she says it, what she is wearing when she says it... Her Red Hood moment left me gasping for air I was laughing so hard.

Still, I'll give season 3 a try. Hopefully they improve things. I'm really excited for Sabrina, cause the crazy will fit it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I heard they somehow managed to land Riley Keough as a guest actress for this season.

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw the episode on the CW website and was like, wtf at that ending lol. If the thing with Betty wasn't crazy, then the cult circle thing with Jughead absolutely was.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching season 2 halfway through, but have been catching up lately. Just have the finale to watch. I loved season 1, but everyone I know who watched it gave up on season 2... It's batshit crazy.

The gang stuff is so bad. The Lodges are terrible. Cheryl is legit crazy - what she says, how she says it, what she is wearing when she says it... Her Red Hood moment left me gasping for air I was laughing so hard.

Still, I'll give season 3 a try. Hopefully they improve things. I'm really excited for Sabrina, cause the crazy will fit it.
See, the crazier it gets the more I love it and I feel it's a testament to how good it is. Like I think it's brilliant they can say something like Papa Poutine with a straight face. Not to mention the whole thing just drips with style.
Great season opener. Bring on the weirdness. True Riverdale Detective Season 3.

Nov 1, 2017
I half expected that paper Dilton left to read "BRB WENT TO TRUE DETECTIVE DON'T WAIT UP".

Also, god damn, Cheryl.

cheryl-red-leather-jacket.jpg

God damn.

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I legit screamed at the end of the episode.

And no way this is all in Betty's head, it must be related to that Dilton/Jughead stuff.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all already know there's no way they're going to definitively clarify whether Betty really saw that or not until like halfway through the season.

I heard they somehow managed to land Riley Keough as a guest actress for this season.

She wanted to be on the show! Apparently they just made the offer.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
All caught up. The first episode was pretty great. I still think the whole gang thing is really stupid, but I can deal with it.

Also, Fangs is fucking cuuuuute.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Ok just saw that episode. Literally what the fuck lol.

I'm all in for the bat shit crazy.

Also Cheryl with the music at Pop's was just pure essence of Riverdale.

And I'm all for it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hiram Lodge is literally the dumbest gangster of all time. Framing someone who is actually guilty of dozens of crimes for the one crime he actually didn't commit, then admitting to your already-rebellious daughter that you did it SOLELY to fuck with her. It's like he's trying to get himself iced.

What the hell was that ending? And how does it not end up with a Sabrina cameo?

Unless Betty is just fuckin' crazy.

I'm not convinced we won't be seeing Sabrina this season. There's enough vaguely supernatural energy in the episode this week that I could easily see them just go "fuck it there's magic and demons now, deal with it".

And the funny part is that the show wouldn't really feel any less realistic if they did that.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hiram Lodge is literally the dumbest gangster of all time. Framing someone who is actually guilty of dozens of crimes for the one crime he actually didn't commit, then admitting to your already-rebellious daughter that you did it SOLELY to fuck with her. It's like he's trying to get himself iced.

I'm not convinced we won't be seeing Sabrina this season. There's enough vaguely supernatural energy in the episode this week that I could easily see them just go "fuck it there's magic and demons now, deal with it".

And the funny part is that the show wouldn't really feel any less realistic if they did that.
After the fuckery last season, they might as well jump the demon shark as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After the fuckery last season, they might as well jump the demon shark as well.

I'm 100% okay with it if they do. I always wanted the show to actually be Archie Twin Peaks from the beginning, so if they finally just rip the band-aid off and stop tapdancing around that, I'm on board. Go full crazy. Bring Sabrina in for occasional cameos to stop it from getting too over-the-top.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm 100% okay with it if they do. I always wanted the show to actually be Archie Twin Peaks from the beginning, so if they finally just rip the band-aid off and stop tapdancing around that, I'm on board. Go full crazy. Bring Sabrina in for occasional cameos to stop it from getting too over-the-top.
Season 1 basically was, then Season 2 went full CW and it didn't look back. 3 MIGHT make it back.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 basically was, then Season 2 went full CW and it didn't look back. 3 MIGHT make it back.

This episode was, Hiram being terrible at villainy notwithstanding, definitely better than most of Season 2, so hopefully things continue in a generally interesting and not moronic direction.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
At least in this case, Archie's dumbassery makes sense and actually comes from a place of character and not plot contrivance. They're punishing him for the actual bad shit he did actually do last season, which is surprising.
I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure his mother could have stopped him from doing that since he's a minor(?) and it was under duress... could be wrong, though.

Still, no way it'll last, and they sure shipped Molly out of the cast in record time. Back to Chicago, bye!

The trial reminded me of Chrono Trigger, lol, with all the flashbacks to the things he did good and bad.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure his mother could have stopped him from doing that since he's a minor(?) and it was under duress... could be wrong, though.

Still, no way it'll last, and they sure shipped Molly out of the cast in record time. Back to Chicago, bye!

The trial reminded me of Chrono Trigger, lol, with all the flashbacks to the things he did good and bad.

Ringwald's contract must be like one sheet of paper with filming dates on it and nothing else.

I'm just glad the trial's done, and EARLY in the season. How torturous would it be if we spent the entire first half of the season building up to Archie taking the deal and going to jail only to get out a few weeks later?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Ringwald's contract must be like one sheet of paper with filming dates on it and nothing else.

I'm just glad the trial's done, and EARLY in the season. How torturous would it be if we spent the entire first half of the season building up to Archie taking the deal and going to jail only to get out a few weeks later?
The episode starting with the closing arguments was a good sign.

I thought the summer wackiness dragged the episode down, but everything else was great.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
This show is so unbelievably stupid lol. The gargoyle king. Lmfao. Serpent queen. Warrior queen.

Episode would have been better if Cheryl would have put an arrow in Penny's skull.

Somehow can't believe that in a show with so much crazy shit and pure stupidity that Archie still stands out as the stupidest character in this show. Also, the idea of a kid going to the slammer and his attorney/mother saying "well... I'll be in touch!" and fucking off sure is something.

I wonder what next week will bring.

Oct 27, 2017
So when Betty had the seizure and it cut to her mom and sister after they dropped the babies, they still didn't have the kids in their hands. This is after Betty would have had the hallucination.

What I'm saying is that they are in an actual witch coven.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
This show is so unbelievably stupid lol. The gargoyle king. Lmfao. Serpent queen. Warrior queen.

Episode would have been better if Cheryl would have put an arrow in Penny's skull.

Somehow can't believe that in a show with so much crazy shit and pure stupidity that Archie still stands out as the stupidest character in this show. Also, the idea of a kid going to the slammer and his attorney/mother saying "well... I'll be in touch!" and fucking off sure is something.

I wonder what next week will bring.
Hey, Molly Ringwald don't come cheap.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....I guess I need to finish Season 2. I fell off at episode 14. Oh well, at least there isn't too much for me to catch up on.

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Archie really wasted everyone's time standing up there and yelling that he's guilty when he didn't pull the trigger. 2 years in juvie for what? SMH.

What even IS this Gargoyle King arc?

Floating babies? Que?