• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
New episodes air every Wednesday beginning October 10th at 8:00pm on The CW and streaming on Netflix internationally the day after!
(also Dark Betty is confirmed not to appear, sorry!)

riverdale-s3mzirw.gif

The second season of RIVERDALE picked up moments after Season One's finale, with Fred Andrews shot by a mysterious assailant in a black hood—and his son Archie racing to save his father's life. No one was safe from The Black Hood's wrath…except for Betty, whose speech at the town's Jubilee "inspired" the Black Hood and made her the object of his murderous obsession.

All of our gang teamed up to stop the Black Hood, including Jughead Jones, who also acclimated to a new school and endured a trial-by-fire to become a full-fledged member of his father's gang, the infamous Southside Serpents —even as FP Jones struggled to get back on the straight and narrow. As Archie and Betty wrestled with the "darkness" the Black Hood had revealed in them, Veronica Lodge agreed to help her father Hiram and mother Hermoine with the "family business," which pulled her and Archie into a dangerous world of mobsters and criminals. Even star-to-be Josie McCoy was drawn into the Lodge's political machinations. Meanwhile, Queen Bee Cheryl Blossom (was locked in a power-struggle with her mother Penelope, and found an unlikely ally in Toni Topaz, a Southside Serpent, who had recently transferred to Riverdale High. Furthermore, Betty and Alice's lives were turned upside-down when Betty's long-lost brother Chic moved into the Cooper house.

With tensions between the North and Southside at an all-time high—stoked by Hiram Lodge with the help of Reggie Mantle, and intensified with the Black Hood's unexpected re-emergence—a civil war seemed imminent. And, indeed, after a brief respite during which everyone came together to put on "CARRIE the Musical," directed by Kevin Keller, Season Two built to a riot that brought out the worst (and best) of Riverdale and its citizens, and culminated in the shocking arrest of one of our main characters.

Main Cast
(Two new regulars*!)

KJ Apa as Archie Andrews
Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper
Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge
Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones
Marisol Nichols as Hermione Lodge
Madelaine Petsch as Cheryl Blossom
Ashleigh Murray as Josie McCoy
Mark Consuelos as Hiram Lodge
Casey Cott as Kevin Keller
Skeet Ulrich as FP Jones
Mädchen Amick as Alice Cooper
Luke Perry as Fred Andrews
Vanessa Morgan* as Toni Topaz
Charles Melton* as Reggie Mantle​

riverdale-season-3-premiere-archie-veronica-varchie.jpg

riverdale-season-3-premiere-jughead-betty-bughead.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Also here's the synopsis for tonight's episode!

#3.01 "Labor Day"
AND THE VERDICT IS... — As the jury begins deliberations in his murder trial, Archie makes a surprising request about how he wants to spend his final days of summer. Betty is forced to deal with her problems head-on after a heated confrontation with Alice and Polly brings up some dark secrets she's kept hidden. Veronica pleads with Hiram to step in and help Archie before a verdict is announced. Finally, Jughead leads the Serpents against the Ghoulies latest attack.

riverdale-season-3-premiere-archie-shirtless.jpg

Deleted member 59

Can't wait; this is my guilty please show. One of the only Teen drama style shows I watch. It's ridiculous but fantastic!

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I really didn't take to season two at first but thought it was just as good as season one once things got going.

Archie was a massive idiot though and I don't know how everyone forgave Veronica. Betty and Jug are the heart of the show

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well S3 doesn't have to worry about the Sabrina crossover or w/e now at least

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't know this was starting so soon. I loved how crazy S2 got, so I'm looking to see what happens this year.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It'd be extremely unlikely for it to happen this season at least. Plus Sabrina seems to be set in a different time period.

Neither should Reggie

I wouldn't hold my breath, but they haven't outright said when Sabrina is set, and S2's best episode was set in Greenvale.

Reggie was better in S2, but still pretty unimportant. (OG Reggie lead to the best line in S1, "It's called necrophilia, can you spell it?".)

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I saw Season 1 and 2 over the summer and it was TRASH but I looooooved it. Season 2 was the craziest, dumbest, yet entertaining thing I've ever seen.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Season 1 and 2 over the summer and it was TRASH but I looooooved it. Season 2 was the craziest, dumbest, yet entertaining thing I've ever seen.
Season 2 gets so much shit, but it was so ridiculous I couldn't stop watching. It may be a trash fire, but it is an entertaining as hell ass trash fire.

ThanksVision

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing guilty about loving this, it's my favorite show on TV. I've watched it twice now.

I don't have cable, really bummed I won't be able to watch live. So will these episodes be available on Netflix in the US at midnight EST tonight ?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 was fun to watch just to watch how it all just spiraled out of control.
But my god was it some baaaad tv, which is weird because season 1 was pretty legit.

I will never not cackle at this moment. Straight up .25 second superhero level costume change.

f374de95828ba96590ddf30ba95f2655f364eed5_hq.gif

Agree on season 1 being pretty legit, but season 2's camp really solidified me as a fan.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Does this season have the same amount of episodes as the last 2, or did they shorten it? Thought I saw somewhere they were talking about doing a shorter season, but wasn't sure.

Can't wait to get home to watch though!

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
This is my favorite piece of shit TV show. After last season I expect we'll see either Time Police Jughead, or we'll watch him marry a hamburger. Both if we're lucky.