• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a return to form. Much better than the last 2 style wise and tidied up a lot of loose ends. Also just the right amount of Riverdale crazy.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah guys thought it was fantastic also. A really slick and cool film noir-esque take on Riverdale that was almost hypnotically good.

Riverdale back on form. Anyone who's dropped the show should watch this new one. Would probably get you back on-board.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Did they people who enjoyed this week's like last week's? Because last week I nearly jumped off this hilariously stupid train.

I even rewatched the first episode of S1 again recently to reassure myself that I'm not crazy about the precipitous decline in the show's quality.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Did they people who enjoyed this week's like last week's? Because last week I nearly jumped off this hilariously stupid train.

I even rewatched the first episode of S1 again recently to reassure myself that I'm not crazy about the precipitous decline in the show's quality.
That's a universal sentiment. After S1 the show got a double episode count, and the showrunner started doing other things. You can identify the exact moment the show fell apart; when he jumped ship to work on Sabrina.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Last week was awful. This one may have been stupid, but at least it was stupid with a consistent tone and concept. The last couple of weeks have been full-on flailing octopus mode.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a universal sentiment. After S1 the show got a double episode count, and the showrunner started doing other things. You can identify the exact moment the show fell apart; when he jumped ship to work on Sabrina.

Which is a shame, because Sabrina isn't so good to justify the decline in Riverdale's quality. I'd rather have one great show than two okay shows.

To be honest, I think doubling the episode count did more damage than Sabrina.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Which is a shame, because Sabrina isn't so good to justify the decline in Riverdale's quality. I'd rather have one great show than two okay shows.

To be honest, I think doubling the episode count did more damage than Sabrina.
Usually Riverdale still manages to be good when Aguirro-Sacasa returns to write an episode. Tales from The Darkside in S2 was phenomenal, and was like what I wanted Sabrina to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Man this show is so bad now. Also if you want more screen time on it just date one of the actors it seems. Reggie is still in more of the show than Cheryl

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Loved the episode. Everything is better when they lean into the zaniness.

I still don't understand Veronica though. She's all over the place with her motivations.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Woah, this week's episode was actually really good. After the last few episodes I'm just all sorts of stunned right now that they could pull something out like this but yeah so many mysteries raveling, and being answered, thankfully.

Although god damn Archie is just so insufferable augh, like what even is he. At least it ended off on a better note for him, and getting along with Hiram would clear one of the worst recurring aspects of the show since Season 2. But then I can't really trust Hiram to stick to it, and Archie could just go off and be stupid without him anyways...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was a fun episode. Lots of noir, mysteries being closed neatly, good amount of time with all the characters, etc.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The last 2 episodes were awful and nearly made me consider quitting, it seemed like the show was going in an even stupider, even more unfocused direction. And not in the usual entertaining way

But this episode was sooo good. So many callbacks to previous events, so many plot twists. I feel like the slate has been wiped clean for the next arc now.

Archie is still so goddamn pointless though, he needs some kind of direction because at the moment he's just a deadbeat idiot and now he seems to have his eyes set Josie literally 2 minutes after breaking up with Veronica, like eurgh
How can the main character still be so pointless and annoying 3 seasons in?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this going around on Facebook. Seems about right.

B6f0NgT.png

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The show used to be top priority viewing but it's slowly losing me. This is the first time I waited a few days because I couldn't be bothered watching it. Cutting the episode count to 16 next season would be a good start, followed by a shift in the writing. Is it just me or are Riverdale's storylines less grounded than Sabrina's?

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
New episode tonight guys.

RIVERDALE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6

Chapter Forty-Seven: Bizarrodale

THE NEXT LEVEL - Amidst preparations for their upcoming wedding, Sierra (guest star Robin Givens) and Tom (guest star Martin Cummins) receive an unsettling message, which forces "The Midnight Club" to reunite. Meanwhile, Veronica (Camila Mendes) and Reggie (Charles Melton) take drastic measures to clean up a mess they created. Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) learns some unexpected news about the college she has set her sights on.]