• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Fred was the moral anchor of the show and the only half decent parent outside of maybe Keller. He'll be sorely missed.

RIP Luke Perry. Way too young.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I had given up on watching before the last episode but I'll finish off the season in honor of Luke Perry. Fred Andrews > the rest of the crazy characters.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Riverdale has shut down production for now, a good move, both out of a story perspective but mostly out of a respect perspective.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Riverdale has shut down production for now, a good move, both out of a story perspective but mostly out of a respect perspective.

Is the show still shut down? I heard they halted production yesterday (and rightly so) but I wasn't sure if they planned to stay halted for a while. I imagine the latter bits of the season are gonna need some hefty rewrites.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been sad about the news when I first heard about it, and seeing this thread and the posts, damn, RIP Luke. Genuinely seemed like a good dude and a great actor, 52 was too young.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I had thrown in the towel on this show, but decided to get caught up and finish out the season in the wake of Luke's death, but this boxing scene, and Josie singing the Thunderdome song...

And the Gladys Jones stuff... what is even going on?

I'm regretting this decision immensely.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Over the past two months or so I've been watching this show from the beginning, and now I'm finally caught up, boy, I don't honestly know where to begin. Sometimes I kinda hate myself for carrying on watching what's obviously such a terribly written show, I think at points I've actually groaned or screamed out loud at how bad it is, yet why can't I stop watching?

The show certainly has peaks and troughs that's for sure. Season 3 I would say is definitely in a very messy trough right now. Season 2 was quite enjoyable with all the black hood stuff, but S3 is all over the place.

I think it started off fine, and I was quite enjoying the possible supernatural spin on things with the gargoyle king etc, but once again we're now back to really lame stories about gangs being at war with one another. I can't take any more of these serpents, ghoulies, gargoyles, poisons, it's just pathetic.

My two general observations I've taken away from watching all this are,

1) all the parents are horrible people, like seriously ridiculously, villain in a superhero movie horrible. They don't act like parents to their children whatsoever.

2) the way the teenage cast constantly refer to names of films in their dialogue is INFURIATING. I'll pick out some films at random to give an example cos I can't remember any exact lines right now, but they might say something like "don't go all American psycho on me" or "why are you acting like suicide squaddy", it drives me insane! I can't believe there are people actually getting paid to write that shit.

Anyway, my rant is done. Sorry it was so long, but at least now I can add this thread to my watch list and join in with the chat.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Two more quick thoughts,

Archie and Josie are a rubbish couple, barely any chemistry.

Fangs Fogarty is really hot.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm trying to process what has even happened this season

- Archie in prison
- Archie in boxing fights in Prison
- Kids getting seizures from drugged water
- Kids getting hooked on D&D and killing themselves
- Parents being afraid of D&D cause they played it when they were kids and hid a murder
- Archie's warden playing D&D and branding him with an iron for death
- Betty's mom joining cult that has floating babies
- Betty getting sent to that Nun place and getting drugged out
- Nuns actually not being nuns
- Betty breaking out of the nun place with a bunch of other kids that end up sleeping in her house but then join the cult
- Archie breaking out of prison
- Joaqim stabbing Archie
- The Sherrif killing all of the witnesses
- Veronica clearing Archie
- The sheriff is murdered
- Archie runs away, breaks up with Veronica, hangs out in farmhouse in a town full of druggies, to moves to Canada, gets mauled by a grizzly bear, comes back home, fails the SATs, becomes an alcoholic, takes up boxing
- Riverdale goes on lock down, then stops being on lock down
- Jughead's dad becomes the sheriff
- Jughead hides a body of the guy who pretended to be the king
- Hiram is making the drugs and was in charge of the guy being the king
- Hiram is shot and Archie saves him
- Hiram gives Archie gym
- Jughead's mom shows up
- Jughead's mom is a drug lord
- Jughead's mom buys Betty's mom's house
- Veronica needs money for destroying Hiram's drug equipment and is now in debt to her dad and Jughead's mom
- Also she's fucking Reggie

Fucking what is even happening any more

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

- Archie in prison
- Parents being afraid of D&D cause they played it when they were kids and hid a murder
- Betty breaking out of the nun place with a bunch of other kids that end up sleeping in her house but then join the cult
- Joaqim stabbing Archie
- Archie runs away, breaks up with Veronica, hangs out in farmhouse in a town full of druggies, to moves to Canada, gets mauled by a grizzly bear, comes back home, fails the SATs, becomes an alcoholic, takes up boxing
- Hiram gives Archie gym
- Jughead's mom shows up
- Veronica needs money for destroying Hiram's drug equipment and is now in debt to her dad and Jughead's mom

You forgot Kevin's amazing storyline with Moose 🙄

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

- Archie in prison
- Joaqim stabbing Archie
- Joaqim later dies from D&D poisoning
- Hiram gives Archie gym
- Betty's mum almost died from drowning but said she passed the baptism and officially joins cult (even though it felt like she was already in the cult for a while) Did all those women survived drowning, and how?
- She decides to sell the house and Betty tried to burn the house down but fails.

- Jughead's mom shows up
- Jughead finds out and now wants to save Jellybean, protect FP and drive his mum out of town.
- Archie is also somehow with Josie, who had a summer fling with Sweet Pea earlier.
- Moose and Kevin gets attacked by Moose's closeted dad, who pretended to be the gargoyle king.
- Kevin and Moose broke up after Moose gets sent to another town for being gay so he joins the farm and turns on Betty, all because the cult has some cute gays.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
entrydenied
Thanks, I knew I was forgetting a bunch of stuff. I've never watched a show that was this all over the place.

There's even more with all the gangs in town XD. It's just too much.

-Toni and Cheryl decide to be cat burglers and get driven out of the Serpents.
-Toni forms the Pretty Poisons.
So there are now South Side Serpents, The Ghoulies (not really a thing), The Gargoyles, The Pretty Poisons and The Farmies.
I wonder what happened to the cheerleaders, the football team and the wrestling team lol

This is more complex and harder to keep track than shows like Fringe and Lost.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, I forgot all about that cat burglar shit. That was so fucking random. That's how they left the Seperents in the first place.

And then Jughead had to talk to the water maintenence lady about the Egg which belonged to Hiram as payment for looking the other way for the drugged water

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, I forgot all about that cat burglar shit. That was so fucking random. That's how they left the Seperents in the first place.

And then Jughead had to talk to the water maintenence lady about the Egg which belonged to Hiram as payment for looking the other way for the drugged water

Lol... Oh yesssss that egg lol

Oh the other thing is that the nuns also died from a mass suicide and the farm bought the place and moved in.

What's wrong with this town.

One thing that has been bothering me is how the parents all went to school at the same time, and somehow managed to synchronise their reproduction cycle to the point that all their children are the same age.

That and the G&G thing made me wonder if the whole show was taking place in some magical simulation snowglobe.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Is this week's episode the Heather's musical?

Because quite frankly I'd rather put salt in my eyes.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's unreal to consider what this show has become after how straightforward and concise S1 was.

I watched last week's ep in memory of Luke(RIP), and it's still an utter trainwreck. I just can't.

I didn't even know Veronica and Archie broke up, and I was like 'well ok then'.

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah the show is absolutely garbage. I summarized this to some people in one sentence
"In the span of one episode, Archie was recovering from being mauled by a bear to then taking the SATs" and I think that explained everything to the people I was explaining it to lol.

I thought the most recent episode was actually good though.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

- Archie in prison
- Joaqim stabbing Archie
- Hiram gives Archie gym
- Jughead's mom shows up

They completely jumped the shark this season. Pretty sure the show cannot be saved at this point.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite enjoying Jughead's mother, she's probably been the only thing I've liked about the show in a long time.

All the other parents (besides FP and Archie's dad who I've forgot the name of) are just awful.

I feel as though Hermione and Alice are completely different people to who they were in season one, and their personalities change from episode to episode to match whatever is happening with the plot.

And somebody needs to shoot Hiram ASAP.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Yeah after watching Wednesday's episode I was like "there's way too much shit going on".

And wait, what happened to that Kurtz guy and the rest of his gang?

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to converge the main 4's storylines. Veronica and Archie's are incredibly weak and the other 2 aren't much better. They really need 10 ep seasons... It's incredible how long they string out storylines. Remember when this season started with the Cooper's throwing their twins into the fire? Lol

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I'm watching season 3 of Riverdale on TV, but where I live it is a few weeks behind, so here this is the first episode with Luke Perry after the annoncement of his death...

The first thing Archie said after seing his dad is:
Dad! I've missed you so much, Dad.
And his dad replied:
Me too, son.

It hit me like a fucking ton of bricks.

I'm not crying. You're crying!

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my fucking god, and now I'm at this scene:

uzf524pqvkk21.png

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Havent watched the most recent episodes yet. But im at requiem at welterweight. I can say this show is very fascinating in term of guilty pleasure. And is it me or everybody is turning into vigilante? The serpent, black dahlia, the red hood, the black hood, the man in black, pretty poisons. Everybody has codename

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone kindly let me know of any major plot points from the Heather's episode? I can't bring myself to watch it.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was not only the worst Riverdale episode, but possibly one of the worst episodes of any show I've ever seen.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sounds like the butchered one of my favorite musicals in a worse way than I could have even imagined.

;_;