• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Ha yeah, that escalated quickly. Enjoyed that episode, that's the kind of Riverdale crazy I signed up for.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that episode was actually quite good ! Glad to see Cheryl back to her badass self, and I hope Toni will be back to save her girl next episode. <3 Hopefully Alice sees the light soon.

Kevin continues to be the best best friend ever. (/s)

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
Sabrina honestly feels more grounded than this show now. Riverdale started off as a decent teen drama based off of an awesome IP and has since devolved into... I honestly don't even know. The writers genuinely do not give a shit anymore, which sucks because of how talented so many of the actors are.

There was a moment a few episodes ago where Josie basically said "This shit is crazy, I'm fucking outie." which is the most sensible thing said or done by a character since the first season.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
This week's episode was the most I enjoyed for a while just because of how much it leaned into the craziness.

My favourite part of the show is how they've called the autopsy guy Dr Curdle, and made him look creepy as fuck, because of course you have to be a bit weird to do a job like that 😂

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Today is the finale right? But im not seeing it trending on twitter.

Btw why is it categorized under netflix original while it is owned by CW? Is this kind of like partnership?

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to watch to watch this shit tomorrow online (CW
App before someone thinks I'm bootlegging)

Last week was just crazy wtf

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This episode felt so rushed and nothing made sense besides:
Cheryl's mom being the big bad all along.
though that small bit should had been solved earlier.

But the whole thing:
With Betty's mom being with a FBI doesnt make sense. She sold her house, gave away all her belongings, her money, private information about herself and kids, and endangered herself and daughters by participating in this. Not to mention the escalation and spread to the entire town. No. This is not how real life works. It's either a lie and Betty & Jughead are stupid as fuck characters. Or the writers having Veronica say "That checks out" in order to further this missing brother plot and say everything makes sense. No it doesn't.

This show is steaming hot garbage yet I keep watching because its excellent junk food. But this is just unhealthy at this point.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was a finale.

At long last, I'm finally free of this batshit show lol

But the whole thing:
With Betty's mom being with a FBI doesnt make sense. She sold her house, gave away all her belongings, her money, private information about herself and kids, and endangered herself and daughters by participating in this. Not to mention the escalation and spread to the entire town. No. This is not how real life works. It's either a lie and Betty & Jughead are stupid as fuck characters. Or the writers having Veronica say "That checks out" in order to further this missing brother plot and say everything makes sense. No it doesn't.

This show is steaming hit garbage yet I keep watching it because its excellent junk good. But this is just unhealthy at this point.

Lmao, you're so right, it doesn't make any fucking sense the longer you think about

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017

But the whole thing:

This show is steaming hot garbage yet I keep watching because its excellent junk food. But this is just unhealthy at this point.
Ha you're getting hung up on about the least crazy thing this show has ever done, maybe even the least crazy thing in this episode.

May 10, 2018
I'll be back next season. Most of the shows I watch have ended or are ending so I don't have much left. Overall I did enjoy most of this season for the most part although some storylines went on too long.

Of course they have to leave us with that flash forward to try and keep us locked in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to Season 4 Kevin having absolutely 0 recollection of what happened to him this season.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I really have no idea why. I still watch this show.

I really liked the first season. This season was batshit insane.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Hollllyyy sheeet! What happens at the sneak peek!! That plot twist with fbi, can someone help to explain how that blood relation works? I have kinda forgotten it

And what is that? Bloodborne?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I mean, we have the next season to look forward to where Betty offers Jughead as a sacrifice to the moon presence and everyone partakes of its blood and starts turning into monsters while Hiram who was keeping the first flame alive finally dies and Archie needs to choose between offering himself as kindling so the cycle can continue or usher in the age of dark by letting the first flame die. Also a new samurai gang move in lead by a guy that can't die but everyone comes down with a real nasty cough.

There will also be time travel and a musical episode based around zombies.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
At this point, this would actually be the least farfetched thing to happen in Riverdale.

sabrina2.jpg

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I loved this finale. Does Riverdale even make sense anymore? Nope (it actually stopped during what, the second half of the first season lol?). But I still enjoy it. A lot tbh.

Tho let's say Betty's mom is with the FBI... we still have no frigging explanation of the levitating babies. And now I guess we have the ascension too (tho I guess we'll know what happened to them pretty quickly next season).

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I think the show finally did it. I think it finally killed my motivation to watch it. That episode tried to carry so much weight and be so significant, but none of it landed for me. The stakes were nonexistent. The twists were mostly nonsensical. Its attempts at references and to tie three seasons of plots together whiffed for me. I think I'm just over it.

Also, what did they even do with Kevin? What sad state has that character been left in? I guess all the characters are kind of messed up at this point to some degree, though, so it's not just Kevin who has lost it.

I'll be back next season. Most of the shows I watch have ended or are ending so I don't have much left. Overall I did enjoy most of this season for the most part although some storylines went on too long.

Of course they have to leave us with that flash forward to try and keep us locked in.

That flash forward is probably the reason why I WON'T watch Season 4. It finally convinced me I'm dumb for ever hoping the show would tone itself down and mellow out. If that final scene had happened without the flash forward, I might have given Season 4 a shot. But that scene left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope next season is about how difficult school is to balance with teenagers home life.

If only, if only...

I felt the AV Club review spoke to me a lot with its discussion of what the show excels at and what some fans would like to see from this show.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Tho let's say Betty's mom is with the FBI... we still have no frigging explanation of the levitating babies. And now I guess we have the ascension too (tho I guess we'll know what happened to them pretty quickly next season).
I think the floating babies were just a hallucination from the drug contaminated water from Claude Blossom that was causing all the seizures.
I really think the show is just kind of a crazy ride, I really don't know what people want from it. I mean if you think about Twin Peaks after season 1 it really got crazy and campy too. I just tune in and relish in the absurdity.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It saddens me
Lochlyn Munro's Hal got kind of unceremoniously killed

His dynamic with Betty was pretty fun in their interactions this season once they knew who they both were.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Today is the finale right? But im not seeing it trending on twitter.

Btw why is it categorized under netflix original while it is owned by CW? Is this kind of like partnership?
Netflix slaps "Netflix Original" on every series or movie they show first in any territory wether they own it or not. Star Trek Discovery and Better Call Saul are Netflix Originals in germany for example while House of Cards is not.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I am only one episode in and what the fuck.

Does this occult stuff persist? I LOVE IT (but not really what the hell is going on?)

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I'm super behind - left off shortly after Betty set the house on fire. You mean to say that
Penelope is the Gargoyle King? Or did they advance beyond that as the Big Bad?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super behind - left off shortly after Betty set the house on fire. You mean to say that
Penelope is the Gargoyle King? Or did they advance beyond that as the Big Bad?
She is the Gargoyle King. She was the person who first talked about the board game to get everyone to play. She lived at the Sisters of Quite Mercy so that was her means of learning about the game. And she was the only Garogoyle player at Accension night that could had planned it since she was the main DM.

Honestly the only problem with their decision of the big bag was the reasoning for that person's actions was stupid. But I guess that's Riverdale in a nutshell.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished season 3, and I think I'm out. The insanity has just gone too far, and it's just not fun anymore. Stories feel like they're being written on the fly, rather than thought out ahead of time. I think the new Nancy Drew show might be a good alternative. The trailer gave me season one vibes, where things were super exaggerated but not insane. Good luck to everyone who decides to stick around for season 4.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently on episode 7 I'm lovin' it. The nonsense is so fuckin good.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 was honestly the most amazing most bonkers 22 hours of television I have ever seen.

Edit: I'm reading through the last few pages of this thread and I'm shocked at how up in arms and disappointed everyone is about this season. Like what show were you hoping this was going to be? Riverdale from episode 1 has been about cramming in a season's worth of batshit plotlines into a single episode and continuing to do so for 22 episodes. The entire premise from the outset "jumped the shark." I just want to see this ski ramp launch the writer's room into space and then have them jump space sharks. Shoot for the moon sharks Riverdale. I'll be patiently awaiting the big mess of Season 4 next year.

At least I'm not bored like the glacial pace of Sabrina.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Season 3 was honestly the most amazing most bonkers 22 hours of television I have ever seen.

Edit: I'm reading through the last few pages of this thread and I'm shocked at how up in arms and disappointed everyone is about this season. Like what show were you hoping this was going to be? Riverdale from episode 1 has been about cramming in a season's worth of batshit plotlines into a single episode and continuing to do so for 22 episodes. The entire premise from the outset "jumped the shark." I just want to see this ski ramp launch the writer's room into space and then have them jump space sharks. Shoot for the moon sharks Riverdale. I'll be patiently awaiting the big mess of Season 4 next year.

At least I'm not bored like the glacial pace of Sabrina.
Season 1 is still built around these kids, their romantic lives and their dreams. Archie as a musician/football player for instance.