• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Season 3 was honestly the most amazing most bonkers 22 hours of television I have ever seen.

Edit: I'm reading through the last few pages of this thread and I'm shocked at how up in arms and disappointed everyone is about this season. Like what show were you hoping this was going to be? Riverdale from episode 1 has been about cramming in a season's worth of batshit plotlines into a single episode and continuing to do so for 22 episodes. The entire premise from the outset "jumped the shark." I just want to see this ski ramp launch the writer's room into space and then have them jump space sharks. Shoot for the moon sharks Riverdale. I'll be patiently awaiting the big mess of Season 4 next year.

At least I'm not bored like the glacial pace of Sabrina.
I'm with you, I'd rather see the trainwreck than watch some kind of realistic teen drama with Archie writing emo songs cause Roni left him for Reggie.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm binging and I'm at ep16 right now. This season has been wild and I'm enjoying it a lot more than season 2. The weakest point so far has been Hiram. His characterization has been all over the place.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished S3 and boy what a ride this season was. Reading through the last couple pages and it seems like ERA didn't care for it. Riverdale is at its best for me when it leans into the crazy. Oh my god that finale two minutes was a bit cut straight out of It's Always Sunny:

Archie: Guys, no more murder mysteries, death cults, or other wacky shenanigans okay?
Everyone: Yeah sure Archie.

*Smash cut to everyone standing around a fire covered in blood*

I fucking howled.

I get how watching one episode a week could really leave you with time to stew and pick things apart. But binging this show over the course of a couple days, you just kinda breeze past the dumb stuff and you're onto the next thing. Count me in as someone looking forward to S4.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I got about 14 episodes into S3 and gave up. Not sure if I can be bothered finishing. I like the actors and most of the characters but the Gargoyle King storyline is hit-and-miss and stretching it out over 23 episodes is a bad idea.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished S3 finally. Im not sure which was better, S2 or S3. But it was amazing and I loved it. The twist on the mastermind and gargoyle king i did not see coming at all.

I love P Blossom so much though. Waiting for S4 anxiously.

As always, if you hate something don't watch it. Im sure your time can be spent watching things you actually like.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The new season starts tonight, I'm not up to date and don't have time to make a new OT. If someone else wants to make one feel free or we can just keep using this thread.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
what happened at the last episode of season 3 since i dropped the show mid s3?
Penelope kidnaps Archie and the gang and reveals that she was behind the board game shit, Chic was the Gargoyle King, Penelope kills Hal, I think Cheryl and her crew show up to save Archie and the gang, the cult people all disappear except for Kevin, Betty's mom was working for the CIA or FBI or whatever to infiltrate the cult, Betty and Jughead's brother Charles is a CIA or FBI agent or whatever, the gang goes to eat at pops, cut to a flashforward of their senior year where the gang is in their underwear in the woods burning their clothes and Jughead's beanie but Jughead isn't there

I think all of this was in the last episode

Riverdale is dumb as hell

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Penelope kidnaps Archie and the gang and reveals that she was behind the board game shit, Chic was the Gargoyle King, Penelope kills Hal, I think Cheryl and her crew show up to save Archie and the gang, the cult people all disappear except for Kevin, Betty's mom was working for the CIA or FBI or whatever to infiltrate the cult, Betty and Jughead's brother Charles is a CIA or FBI agent or whatever, the gang goes to eat at pops, cut to a flashforward of their senior year where the gang is in their underwear in the woods burning their clothes and Jughead's beanie but Jughead isn't there

I dropped mid S3 too. What you're describing is batshit crazy. And not necessarily in a good way, lol!

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

ahh i remember someone talking about the beanie thing now.
glad i abadoned it if there was more jughead shit

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017

I swore I was out after s3 but like... your summary of the events of ONE EPISODE makes me wanna watch for the insanity.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
This show is absolute insanity, every episode I feel like the writers are like "what's more ridiculous than what we did in the last episode?" and I love it. It started as a guilty pleasure for me and I can kinda do without the random teenage cheerleader musical numbers that pop up here and there, but the rest is great in my opinion. Stoked for the new season.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved S3 so much. P Blossom is the best parent ever. Looking forward to S4. WE really need a new topic though.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
How was the episode today. All I know they did the required Archie with his shirt off quickly

How are the straight couples are they back in default mode?

Straights being:
  1. Betty and Jugshit
  2. Veronica and Archie
  3. Cheryl and Toni
  4. Kevin and Josie

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
That was a beautiful episode. I like the laid back energy and hope the show keeps it this season.

No way. The season premiere was definitely a delay of game because of the death of Luke Perry. I expect them to be back at full batshit this week. Only Riverdale could be so bonkers that a character having morning tea with a corpse is not full bonkers.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale has become legitimately batshit insane in recent seasons, which is why I was so shocked at how tasteful and well done this episode was. I lost my father a few years ago in an accident as well, so it really affected me in a cathartic sort of way. That ending scene destroyed me.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Are we supposed to pretend it has been so many years since Jason is dead? It felt like a year or two ago.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit

This felt like an entirely different show

Characters actually acting like human beings

This was really tastefully done

Very good premiere

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Characters actually acting like human beings

This was really tastefully done

Very good premiere

Get ready to throw that all away this week. Luke Perry was always the actor who grounded the batshit wildness of the show. Appropriate that a tribute mirror the tone he set. I assure you will be back to archer/corpse collector Cheryl, Kingpin Hiram and illegal soda pop basement this week.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Get ready to throw that all away this week. Luke Perry was always the actor who grounded the batshit wildness of the show. Appropriate that a tribute mirror the tone he set. I assure you will be back to archer/corpse collector Cheryl, Kingpin Hiram and illegal soda pop basement this week.
Let's go full anime like the crazy comics. Bring in the Predator and the Punisher.

Yes, Jon Bernthal punisher.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Watched this week's episode and I am glad to see we are back to full-tilt boogie and completely fucking insane. Not sure which was my favorite part, the emerging secret agent plot which feels weirdly likely like the last time we had a secret agent plot, paparazzi chasing Veronica with old timey cameras that gigantic flash bulbs or Cheryl putting a legit honey covered bee hive in the principal's office. And did you think we would get back to full Riverdale without a FUCK MONTAGE or wildly inappropriate musical number? NO WAI. Both in full effect.

LOL at Jughead's dad now being the sober, serious emotional center of the show since Luke Perry passed.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What is he doing there at every practice anyway? Doesn't he have a job or something?

Amusingly, I actually completely bought that. When I was a kid there was a dad who showed up at every soccer practice on practice days and just hurled insults at his son from the sidelines. Dude was an abusive piece of shit too.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Amusingly, I actually completely bought that. When I was a kid there was a dad who showed up at every soccer practice on practice days and just hurled insults at his son from the sidelines. Dude was an abusive piece of shit too.
I wasn't that surprised when actually watching, but thinking about it, the guy comes in his expensive car, wearing a suit, kind of doesn't add up. It's not like he's some bum that spends the whole day at home and has all the time in the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1 and episode 2 were so hilariously different.
Like ep1 felt like the show riverdale wanted to originally become, but ep2 was just the show it ended up becoming.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Episode 1 and episode 2 were so hilariously different.
Like ep1 felt like the show riverdale wanted to originally become, but ep2 was just the show it ended up becoming.

Yeah, the first season of the show they definitely constrained themselves. There was a desire to lash themselves to reverence for conventional teen drama and Lynchian imagery that prevented the show from finding its singular look and voice until the second season. That season premiere felt like an interlude or intermission and not really part of the ongoing narrative. I think that's fine really. Luke Perry's work as Fred Andrews was one of the best things on the show. As they went into crazier and crazier territory he kept the show human. Not really sure if Skeet Ulrich is up to the same task.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Damn, episode 4 was crazy, even for Riverdale.
I didn't think that the plot with the Farm could possibly go off the rails this much.