• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Honestly, while the general idea of Hiram's plan still is so stupidly over the top that suspension of disbelief ran away ages ago, at least the moment to moment action kind of made sense in this episode.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the things that made me go WTF in this episode, weirdly enough the biggest one Betty holding a knife to that sister's throat, even though that's totally something Betty would do

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Is it me or has Luke Perry been MIA all season? Weird considering what his son is going through. Has he been bumped down from main cast (or was he always recurring)?

May 10, 2018
I knew early on the gargoyle king shit was going to most likely end up being something ordinary but I'm still enjoying this season.

I'm ready to move on from Hiram as the villain though. Not saying he needs to be killed off because I enjoy him trolling everybody but there needs to be some new blood in the major antagonist role.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I fucking love this show. Unsurprisingly the best episodes are the Cheryl heavy ones

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
In the span of like 15 minutes 3 different women were tied to chairs and questioned lol

EDIT: I'm just now remembering that this season started with babies being thrown into a fire and floating. Is that not coming back? They keep showing that girl at Riverdale High...

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Noooooo there's a break now?
I went from binging seasons 1 and 2 to having to wait for weeks, it's hard :<
Season 3 delivers, still completely insane but more focused.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to mention earlier, but Gryphon Queen Betty had me straight-up laugh out loud. Just incredibly stupid in the funniest possible way.

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of ridiculous pieces of dialogue are growing exponentially. But I still appreciate when they sneak something small in like Betty's mom saying Veronica was "one of the fallen".

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The amount if ridiculous pieces of dialogue are growing exponentially. But I still appreciate when they sneak something small in like Betty's mom saying Veronica was "one if the fallen".

I legitimately want to see what kind of show Cheryl actually thinks she's on. She talks like she's from some kind of teen adaptation of a Shakespearean drama, not Baby Twin Peaks.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Riverdale's back. New episode tonight.

Chapter Forty-Four: No Exit

A TOWN WITH NO PEP - With Riverdale in disarray following Hiram's (Mark Consuelos) takeover, Veronica (Camila Mendes) leads the charge against her father after he takes aim at La Bonne Nuit. Meanwhile, as Betty (Lili Reinhart) reluctantly houses the group of patients who escaped the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) confronts a group of desperate Serpents, who have resorted to drastic measures to make ends meet. Finally, Archie (KJ Apa) is forced to face his demons.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale's back. New episode tonight.

Chapter Forty-Four: No Exit

A TOWN WITH NO PEP - With Riverdale in disarray following Hiram's (Mark Consuelos) takeover, Veronica (Camila Mendes) leads the charge against her father after he takes aim at La Bonne Nuit. Meanwhile, as Betty (Lili Reinhart) reluctantly houses the group of patients who escaped the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) confronts a group of desperate Serpents, who have resorted to drastic measures to make ends meet. Finally, Archie (KJ Apa) is forced to face his demons.

I completely forgot how the (mid)season ended. How the hell did I completely forget it already. Jesus.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
giphy.gif

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I missed this so much during its break. I loved that they completely disregarded their big midseason final quarantine thing. I wonder wtf happened there. Did they realize after they shot the episode that they didn't like the quarantine ending and just replace it then, while still filming? There's no way that's all that was originally intended with that tease. God, I love this glorious mess.

I loved Betty running an orphanage for abused, mentally ill, and lgbt escapees from the Sisters, too. And they hide their drugs directly on top of their G&G game sets.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Last night's episode, at least to me, was the sloppiest and messiest episode yet. And that's saying something lmao.

The whole town quarantine cliffhanger thing being discarded in the first few minutes made me chuckle.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I just finished the episode and, well...

I loved that they completely disregarded their big midseason final quarantine thing. I wonder wtf happened there. Did they realize after they shot the episode that they didn't like the quarantine ending and just replace it then, while still filming? There's no way that's all that was originally intended with that tease.

To me it looks very messy, and not in a fun way. I kind of always liked the silliness of the show, but they go above and beyond this season... Not sure it's necessarily a good thing. This episode was dangerously near my limit.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like I am just watching the characters go through the same motions with a different back drop.
No one is growing they're just finding a new way to act dumb.
I just want to watch the show spiral into insanity not watch the characters regress into pointless features.
Every time the plot seems like it's going to make some kind of progress it just does something to reset everything back to zero.

The show wont even let me watch it get worse without making me angry.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm super close to finally bailing out completely. This shit is dreadful. Nice to see Pajiba go in on it too.

From the article you linked:
It is terrible, and each and every week, it somehow manages to find a way to become a worse show than it was the week before. The characters — ostensibly the best thing about this show — are being completely wasted, attractive cutouts being used to propel an increasingly preposterous storyline. Meanwhile, the writers are under the misguided impression that the more things that happen, the better an episode is. But it only makes it more painfully boring.

I cannot disagree with that.

And also from this article:

Archie's death, of course, won't stick any more than this fling that Veronica is having with a tertiary character. It means nothing, because as soon as Archie is revived and returns to Riverdale, he and Veronica will reunite, and halfway through that same episode, Veronica will tearfully confess that she kissed Reggie. Archie and Veronica will fight. They may break up. Ten minutes later, they'll be back together. They'll probably get engaged. The engagement party will be at Veronica's nightclub. She'll sing. Archie will play the guitar. No one will ever go to school again.

That made me laugh. It's very probably true.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna ask if this show got good after the first episode of this latest season (I quit watching it after the last minutes of that fucking episode) but the reactions on this page might have answered that question for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm super close to finally bailing out completely. This shit is dreadful. Nice to see Pajiba go in on it too.
I just like how it's even more obvious that storyline is determined by what's happening in IRL with the actors, Toni and Cheryl are friends in real life so their relationship is more friendship than relationship. Veronica and dude is together and they are together in show. Jughead the storyline killers and ruiners