• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Riverdale S3 |OT| Woah, Black Betty!

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that episode was actually quite good ! Glad to see Cheryl back to her badass self, and I hope Toni will be back to save her girl next episode. <3 Hopefully Alice sees the light soon.

Kevin continues to be the best best friend ever. (/s)

Oct 25, 2017
Sabrina honestly feels more grounded than this show now. Riverdale started off as a decent teen drama based off of an awesome IP and has since devolved into... I honestly don't even know. The writers genuinely do not give a shit anymore, which sucks because of how talented so many of the actors are.

There was a moment a few episodes ago where Josie basically said "This shit is crazy, I'm fucking outie." which is the most sensible thing said or done by a character since the first season.

Oct 27, 2017
This week's episode was the most I enjoyed for a while just because of how much it leaned into the craziness.

My favourite part of the show is how they've called the autopsy guy Dr Curdle, and made him look creepy as fuck, because of course you have to be a bit weird to do a job like that 😂

Nov 21, 2017
Today is the finale right? But im not seeing it trending on twitter.

Btw why is it categorized under netflix original while it is owned by CW? Is this kind of like partnership?

Oct 29, 2017
Can’t wait to watch to watch this shit tomorrow online (CW
App before someone thinks I’m bootlegging)

Last week was just crazy wtf

Oct 27, 2017
This episode felt so rushed and nothing made sense besides:
Cheryl's mom being the big bad all along.
though that small bit should had been solved earlier.

But the whole thing:
With Betty's mom being with a FBI doesnt make sense. She sold her house, gave away all her belongings, her money, private information about herself and kids, and endangered herself and daughters by participating in this. Not to mention the escalation and spread to the entire town. No. This is not how real life works. It's either a lie and Betty & Jughead are stupid as fuck characters. Or the writers having Veronica say "That checks out" in order to further this missing brother plot and say everything makes sense. No it doesn't.

This show is steaming hot garbage yet I keep watching because its excellent junk food. But this is just unhealthy at this point.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was a finale.

At long last, I'm finally free of this batshit show lol

But the whole thing:
With Betty's mom being with a FBI doesnt make sense. She sold her house, gave away all her belongings, her money, private information about herself and kids, and endangered herself and daughters by participating in this. Not to mention the escalation and spread to the entire town. No. This is not how real life works. It's either a lie and Betty & Jughead are stupid as fuck characters. Or the writers having Veronica say "That checks out" in order to further this missing brother plot and say everything makes sense. No it doesn't.

This show is steaming hit garbage yet I keep watching it because its excellent junk good. But this is just unhealthy at this point.
Lmao, you're so right, it doesn't make any fucking sense the longer you think about

Oct 27, 2017

But the whole thing:

This show is steaming hot garbage yet I keep watching because its excellent junk food. But this is just unhealthy at this point.
Ha you’re getting hung up on about the least crazy thing this show has ever done, maybe even the least crazy thing in this episode.

May 10, 2018
I’ll be back next season. Most of the shows I watch have ended or are ending so I don’t have much left. Overall I did enjoy most of this season for the most part although some storylines went on too long.

Of course they have to leave us with that flash forward to try and keep us locked in.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I mean, we have the next season to look forward to where Betty offers Jughead as a sacrifice to the moon presence and everyone partakes of its blood and starts turning into monsters while Hiram who was keeping the first flame alive finally dies and Archie needs to choose between offering himself as kindling so the cycle can continue or usher in the age of dark by letting the first flame die. Also a new samurai gang move in lead by a guy that can't die but everyone comes down with a real nasty cough.

There will also be time travel and a musical episode based around zombies.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I loved this finale. Does Riverdale even make sense anymore? Nope (it actually stopped during what, the second half of the first season lol?). But I still enjoy it. A lot tbh.

Tho let's say Betty's mom is with the FBI... we still have no frigging explanation of the levitating babies. And now I guess we have the ascension too (tho I guess we'll know what happened to them pretty quickly next season).

Oct 25, 2017
I think the show finally did it. I think it finally killed my motivation to watch it. That episode tried to carry so much weight and be so significant, but none of it landed for me. The stakes were nonexistent. The twists were mostly nonsensical. Its attempts at references and to tie three seasons of plots together whiffed for me. I think I'm just over it.

Also, what did they even do with Kevin? What sad state has that character been left in? I guess all the characters are kind of messed up at this point to some degree, though, so it's not just Kevin who has lost it.

I’ll be back next season. Most of the shows I watch have ended or are ending so I don’t have much left. Overall I did enjoy most of this season for the most part although some storylines went on too long.

Of course they have to leave us with that flash forward to try and keep us locked in.
That flash forward is probably the reason why I WON'T watch Season 4. It finally convinced me I'm dumb for ever hoping the show would tone itself down and mellow out. If that final scene had happened without the flash forward, I might have given Season 4 a shot. But that scene left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope next season is about how difficult school is to balance with teenagers home life.

If only, if only...

I felt the AV Club review spoke to me a lot with its discussion of what the show excels at and what some fans would like to see from this show.

Oct 27, 2017
Tho let's say Betty's mom is with the FBI... we still have no frigging explanation of the levitating babies. And now I guess we have the ascension too (tho I guess we'll know what happened to them pretty quickly next season).
I think the floating babies were just a hallucination from the drug contaminated water from Claude Blossom that was causing all the seizures.
I really think the show is just kind of a crazy ride, I really don’t know what people want from it. I mean if you think about Twin Peaks after season 1 it really got crazy and campy too. I just tune in and relish in the absurdity.

Oct 27, 2017
It saddens me
Lochlyn Munro's Hal got kind of unceremoniously killed

His dynamic with Betty was pretty fun in their interactions this season once they knew who they both were.

Oct 25, 2017
Today is the finale right? But im not seeing it trending on twitter.

Btw why is it categorized under netflix original while it is owned by CW? Is this kind of like partnership?
Netflix slaps "Netflix Original" on every series or movie they show first in any territory wether they own it or not. Star Trek Discovery and Better Call Saul are Netflix Originals in germany for example while House of Cards is not.