• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They managed to make Riverdale have an actual atmosphere that most CW shows don't really have.
I do feel like they seem to have toned it down a bit, compared to in season 1 though.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gawd this is probably the only show I will ever hate watch. The writers I think are seriously trying to piss me off this season.

"I dropped out of school at fourth grade so I could sell drugs to support my grandma." What. The. Fuck.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just going to pretend the Archie prison storyline and by extension Veronica just don't exist right now. (With the exception of the gratuitous partial nudity and sweatpants, me and my boyfriend are loving that)

It's all about that spooky Gargoyle King plot and the "IT" style plot with the parents. That's some intruiging shit that I can't wait to see more of.

I really hope this does tie into Sabrina.

Also was it just me or was Joaquin's eyes made to look brighter? Either with contacts or in post production. They really stood out

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened in Season 2? Someone spoil me. I stopped watching around the time that they thought Kevin's father was the killer

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Archie was beating those guards like he was Captain America: Ginger Edition. Like, if he wanted to he could beat down Hiram and be done with this shit, so he can move on to bigger and spookier things.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they introduced this new cool intriguing character... and they offscreen killed them in the same episode? What the hell?

Oh and cheerleading stuff, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About Toni, was she even in this episode?

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
That's the Riverdale way - introduce a new character and immediately kill them. It's honestly a shock Toni lived this long.

It's only because she gets like -4 screen time. Can't really kill a Serpent if she isn't even present to be killed. smh.

--

That latest episode hurt me in every way. Gets his ass kicked for some kicks. Wears even brighter kicks. What a guy.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of giving this show a go. Though I'm not entirely sure I get what kind of show this is. Is it just a teen drama show, or is it a supernatural mystery show with teen drama on top of that? Asking because I read that the upcoming show about Sabrina Spellman is closely tied to this, and that definitely looks to be in the supernatural category

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sabrina Spellman is closely tied to this

Who lied to you

I'm thinking of giving this show a go. Though I'm not entirely sure I get what kind of show this is. Is it just a teen drama show, or is it a supernatural mystery show with teen drama on top of that?

We hardly know ourselves tbh. I guess it's a teen drama with murder (well not always murder) mystery elements to it. S1 was pretty, but S2 was a total trashfire that is somehow still very much entertaining nonetheless.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It started as a teen drama and it was good. Now it is a stupid mystery show.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well that was something. Still way more interested in G&G stuff than Prison Archie.

A week break is a bummer, I'm really looking forward to the next one.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My eyes hurt from all the eye rolling I did this episode. The coroner and the whole "face of evil" thing. Archie's speech about the glory of high school football. Dropping out in 4th grade to sell drugs to support Nana. The flagrant police brutality in the presence of several witnesses - I get that Hiram has a large sphere of influence, but really?

I don't know why I keep watching this show, but... the parents secret cabal has me intrigued. Bring on the next episode!

May 10, 2018
Ok, Archie's storyline got a little more interesting but still, I am all in on this Gargoyle King nonsense.

During the ending with Ethel talking I said to myself "this fucking Gargoyle King is going to be in the damn hospital full costume and all". Sure enough there he or she was and I'm sitting here like
gQ4Dn99.jpg

Jughead and Betty exploring it is cool, but give me some Scooby-Doo type shit and bring in the rest of the crew. Let Josie and Kevin do more than be mostly in the background. Let Cheryl get her Monster Hunter on and hunt down a Gargoyle.

Couldn't care less about Hiram and Veronica's back and forth, getting too repetitive now.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Another episode which made me just shake my head and laugh from time to time because how over the top things are and how most of it doesn't really make sense.
I'm all in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of the Archshank Redemption already. Why does Archie think breaking out of prison is going to go well for him? I realize he knows that the whole thing is a Hiram troll job, but breaking out of prison is still breaking the law, and even if they stop Hiram's evil plan he's not going to get pardoned for that.

Oh god, that's exactly what Archie thinks is going to happen, isn't it...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of the Archshank Redemption already. Why does Archie think breaking out of prison is going to go well for him? I realize he knows that the whole thing is a Hiram troll job, but breaking out of prison is still breaking the law, and even if they stop Hiram's evil plan he's not going to get pardoned for that.

Oh god, that's exactly what Archie thinks is going to happen, isn't it...
Archie isn't very smart in this show.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Man, screw you guys. I'm loving prison Archie even if him taking the plea deal was stupid as hell. I'm done with him writing songs and playing football for a while. It was time for him to step out of his comfort zone even further and prison is a good way to do that.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to like this season more. I thought this episode was genuinely intriguing. The gargoyle king stuff is interesting to me, and it really does seem like there's a supernatural aspect.

LOL at the return of the stupid break in clothes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to like this season more. I thought this episode was genuinely intriguing. The gargoyle king stuff is interesting to me, and it really does seem like there's a supernatural aspect.

LOL at the return of the stupid break in clothes.

Ethel going full heel was kind of a weird twist. I don't think the King will turn out to really be a supernatural creature when all is said and done, but man would it be great if it is.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Man the Archie storyline is so wack compared to the Gargoyle King shit.

This horror mystery stuff is what I originally wanted Riverdale to be like. I know the answer may be something mundane and ordinary in the end but for now I'm enjoying the ride.

Hopefully this Archie jail shit ends soon.

Honestly Archie has always been the worst part of this show from the start. All the other leads (and parents) are amazing and Cheryl = life.

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
Archie says he's guilty because he thinks he's does deserve to serve time for the things he's done

A month of serving time in prison later and he's all ready to break out

Alice is kind of normal one minute and then the next is seemingly full on brainwashed into the farm stuff, and I'm not a fan. I thought we were done with the Alice is manipulated by someone Betty doesn't trust storyline like with Chic last season.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
This show is preposterously stupid and horrendously plotted (which is weird, because the first season was actually pretty strong in this regard), but I am here for it every week.