• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
This episode was probably the first one I've enjoyed in a long time. Who are the guys who play Young Hiram and Young Hal?
I did some digging and found out young Hiram is Michael Consuelos, Mark Consuelos' (actor playing Hiram) and Kelly Ripa's son. Young Hal is played by Zachary Hayden, who didn't have much listed on IMDb.

And agreed, this episode was a lot of fun. As soon as the retro title card popped up, I was all in.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode. It's nice when everyone's plot is on the same page instead of various other bullshit going on (fuck the prison plot).

Oct 27, 2017
The aethstetic of that episode was a complete mess. You got 80s style music layered over Saved By The Bell graphic treatment with characters dressed like 90s grunge.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I loved this week's episode, but what.
Also, everyone suddenly being super into a fake D&D clone still blows my mind.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The aethstetic of that episode was a complete mess. You got 80s style music layered over Saved By The Bell graphic treatment with characters dressed like 90s grunge.
So perfectly normal? The show has always been an anchronistic mash of different styles and eras.

If the murderer is one of the midnight club it's either the guy with the glasses I don't remember or Reggie's dad, there's no way they're going to have another regular parent be the killer after Clifford and Hal. Or maybe the killer from the past was a random person and in the present it's Ethel.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Finally finished the episode after turning it off halfway through on Wednesday and I really enjoyed it. Also wanted to listen to Cry Me A Riverdale podcast and not be spoiled about the episode. BTW I highly recommend the podcast. Found it through something else one of the hosts does and have been listening for awhile now.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there's any chance one of the midnight club did this. What if the principal had a kid and they are trying to get revenge years later. I also find it strange how this gargoyle person is able to get that costume into a hospital and a school and no one really notices.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
LOL

They really are blaming Dungeons and Dragons for acting out because their drug abuse ....haha love this show.

Episode was great though.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's incredibly inconsequential, but it irks me - why does the Kool-Aid, sorry, Fresh-Aid seeningly have to be blue? Does Riverdale only have 1 flavor? Those poor souls

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was one of the more enjoyable episodes recently. Probably because they were letting high school kids be high school kids. I found it interesting that this episode suggested that the McCoy/Keller affair was an extension of a forbidden love situation years earlier.

Fun episode. It's nice when everyone's plot is on the same page instead of various other bullshit going on (fuck the prison plot).

I forgot how nice this is. I miss Season 1. :(

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
This episode of the breakfast club was pretty good. I was laughing out loud at them running around the school in their costumes. Especially Fred flourishing his cape. Now I'm starting to be more interested in getting to the bottom of this tree devil mystery. Doily's dad being Sprucifer the gargoyle ent would be too much like Cliff. No clue where this is headed.

My favourite aspect of that episode was that it totally made me forget Archie is in juvie. Not excited to get back to juvie Shawshank Redemption starring ginger Forrest Gump.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first episode some months ago and got interested, but then never followed up, what should I expect from this series?

Oct 25, 2017
What a strange episode, i liked the premise but it felt like it never really got around to moving the plot forward until the last 10 seconds.

It still felt relevant and it was fun though

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fun fun fun. Good lord Lili Reinhart was a damn good (and hot) Alice.

I thought the actors were all good at portraying their parents. Maybe except for Cole Sprouse but that's because he and Skeet Ulrich are different physically.

The only thing that is funny is how all the parents end up stuck in Riverdale and also happened to all had children in the same year or so.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This show continues to get sillier, but it is what it is at this point and I'm interested in finding out more about the G&G plot no matter how absurd it is. At least they're trying to have some fun with it.

The idea that they'd all be so into the game, or that the whole school would now be so into it, is kind of funny and hard to believe. But we'll see where it goes.

I caught up this morning, after hearing about the 90s episode. It was certainly fun and weird, but was a strange mishmash of 80s and 90s, not just 80s. I liked the IT reference on the cast, seeing Anthony Michael Hall, and what I believe was the Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors theme song but could be wrong about. There was also some 80s music there, though.

Now that I have Netflix, I won't have to rely on saving it on KTLA every week. I missed Supernatural because of a news report (though news of the fires and shooting was certainly more important than a TV show). I wish Supernatural was still on Netflix Canada, because I don't know how I'm going to watch that episode now, due to region blocking online.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Another week where my reaction coukd be summarized with "what am I watching"?!

Judging by the sounds GK makes, I feel like it's not a normal human.
Maybe it's all Betty's dream which started when she had that first seizure?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The best part was the radio announcement saying that Archie was a crazed lunatic and that everyone needed to stay indoors.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Jughead is close to reaching his true potential as the Author and breaking the 4th wall out of Riverdale.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Berlanti really should remember to keep the Arrow and Riverdale scripts separate.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
trying to catch up and the app/chromecast functionality is still bad

plays fine for a few minutes then pause, go back three seconds, go back three seconds, maybe a crash, maybe another pause
an hour long show takes ninety minutes to get through

meanwhile, ads play perfectly :/

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Another week where my reaction coukd be summarized with "what am I watching"?!

I say to myself "this fucking show" in disbelief several times each episode. But I won't lie, I am completely invested in the utterly ridiculous G&G storyline.

As an actual D&D player, I must say I appreciated the nod to the old standby of "rocks fall, everyone dies" that Jughead dished out when that one quest apparently failed.

May 10, 2018
Really liking this season so far. I already said this Gargoyle King stuff will probably end up being mundane but i'm enjoying every minute of it.

I'm even more intrigued since it appears that G&G has more influence than initially thought.

Plus we still haven't seen the cult leader Evernever. I'm also glad the Archie prison plot is mostly over.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really feeling this season so far. It's well made but the storyline is too silly for me. It's completely unbelievable in the worse ways.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting episode. Hopefully we've moved on from the prison plotline.

Hermoine was so fucking dumb I need to call her out.

Your husband framed a underage kid for murder, paid people off to lie so he's put in prison, and then forced him to fight in a underground fight club and almost had him killed and your blaming Veronica for trying to save his life? Please stfu.

Also, what happened to the all-dad team that was gonna help Archie out/fix his prison problem?

Last edited: