• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the show was about Archie having to choose between playing football or guitarr...

Lmao, yea I remember that too. I feel like they could find a nice balance between these crazy mysteries and other shit, but they haven't yet. And I've enjoued the past two episodes.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This season is a glorious mess. Again.

And yay, side characters did stuff!

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Good episode if you can suspend your disbelief. The Gargoyle King/D&D game is silly nonsense but it makes for an atmospheric arc that gets all the characters involved. I just hope it doesn't run out of steam like the Black Hood arc did last season.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Having started this show with this season, I really like how dumb it can be.
Was this show ever about weird magic stuff before?

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm going to be pissed if the Gargoyle King thing isn't supernatural.

Also, this episode wasn't very good, and I hope things improve quickly. I'm not interested in an Archie as a crazed lunatic fugitive story.

May 10, 2018
Having started this show with this season, I really like how dumb it can be.
Was this show ever about weird magic stuff before?
Nah, first season was a murder mystery and the 2nd season about catching a serial killer. There was one episode in the 2nd season that had a little supernatural edge to it but that's about it.

I do recommend watching the 1st season. It's short at 13 episodes and you get a better understanding of the characters.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched all of the show for the first time.
It is a MESS
but kind of a glorious one?

The characters are written so inconsistently. I can't tell if Veronica and Jughead actually consider eachother friends or arch enemies?

But I love it. It is goofy dumb cheesy fun

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the episode. Had a hard time understanding how Jugs script and the real life break out were exactly the same but i guess thats the point.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking loved that last episode.

But Kevin was so thirsty for Joachim's D. that he had to follow him, that's dumb.

I know it was only to make the reveal on the bike more surprising.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Jughead was Alan Wake all along. How did we not see it!?
No wonder I loved yesterday's episode. Mr. Scratch Gargoyle King going down! It's an ocean!

wtf this show, that was the worse episode of the entire show's history
These last two weeks have been more entertaining than basically all of season 2 and season 3 thus far.

Jughead's crazy ramblings really are turning him into Junior Alan Wake.
I hated his shitty narrating and melodrama before but I didn't realize that if you crank the shittiness up to 11 it rolls the clock back over to entertaining lol.

I remember when the show was about Archie having to choose between playing football or guitarr...
Pretty sure you're thinking about the comics because this show has been over the top nonsense since basically season one. Yes, it was more grounded then, but it was still Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew BS with kids in biker gangs... then vigilante groups and the mafia...

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I say to myself "this fucking show" in disbelief several times each episode. But I won't lie, I am completely invested in the utterly ridiculous G&G storyline.
Lmao exactly. Every episode gets more ridiculous and I'm always saying "wtf is happening" and "I hate this show" but I seriously can't stop.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting episode. Hopefully we've moved on from the prison plotline.

Hermoine was so fucking dumb I need to call her out.

Your husband framed a underage kid for murder, paid people off to lie so he's put in prison, and then forced him to fight in a underground fight club and almost had him killed and your blaming Veronica for trying to save his life? Please stfu.

Also, what happened to the all-dad team that was gonna help Archie out/fix his prison problem?

Yeah, it felt odd having Hermione be mad at both of them when one is CLEARLY in the wrong and the other helped someone out. Also, one is a teenage girl "obsessed" with her boyfriend and the other is a grown man obsessed with a teenage boy first to groom him for a job then when he rejects his advances is obsessed with seeing him suffer.

And yeah, what happened to the Hot Dad Alliance?

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show just doesn't fail to give me s case of the what-the-fucks.

Every week.

I preferred the more grounded murder mystery of season 1, but since they've decided to fully lean into the crazy, I can't really look away.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
What was the deal with Joaquin kissing Archie before stabbing him? Was that his way of saying "Forgive me"? Does he have a crush on him? Was that part of his G&G quest?

This season is a glorious mess. Again.

And yay, side characters did stuff!

The presence of the side characters make such a big difference. I really hope the show continues to find ways to involve everyone.

A small character advancement for Joaquin and Kevin? Never expected that. Cheryl and Toni time? Cool! Veronica navigating the politics of her family's business? Sweet. Betty and Jughead having relationship drama? Sure. Kevin and Josie having to deal with their parents getting married? Awesome.

Unite everyone on the cast behind a common goal and find ways to give everyone screentime and development, and Riverdale becomes much more likable.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What was the deal with Joaquin kissing Archie before stabbing him? Was that his way of saying "Forgive me"? Does he have a crush on him? Was that part of his G&G quest?

I just thought it was part of the game.

The Warden/Game Master told him if he wanted to ascend he'd have to follow the rules of the game Jughead was playing, Jughead mentioned "the Judas kiss". You probably know this but Judas was a apostle/follower of Jesus, and before betraying him kissed him. So when we use the term Judas Kiss today we might a person appears friendly but then betrays you.

Archie seems to be a good friend of Joaquin over the past few episodes, shielding him from the gunfire, saying he'll come back for him, etc. but ends up betraying Archie.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I just thought it was part of the game.

The Warden/Game Master told him if he wanted to ascend he'd have to follow the rules of the game Jughead was playing, Jughead mentioned "the Judas kiss". You probably know this but Judas was a apostle/follower of Jesus, and before betraying him kissed him. So when we use the term Judas Kiss today we might a person appears friendly but then betrays you.

Archie seems to be a good friend of Joaquin over the past few episodes, shielding him from the gunfire, saying he'll come back for him, etc. but ends up betraying Archie.

Ah, right, they did call that out with the narration. So, you're suggesting that the game called for Joaquin to kiss him before the stabbing. I had interpreted the narration at that time while watching as being kind of metaphorical, but I guess by the end, it was shown that the events were following basically exactly what Jughead had laid out. So, I perhaps that's exactly what the Warden told him to do.

I guess the mystery is now how in the world Jughead's quest ended up mapping exactly to the prison escape (unless it was all supposed to be coincidental writing minus the use of the name "Red Paladin").

so the show can get some gay outside of Choni talking about doing stuff off screen or Kevin chasing a Moose in hushed tones decades ago

Yeah, this was my cynical take. I'd rather they develop Kevin/Moose or even Kevin/Joaquin than have random moments between characters who will never be together.

Last edited:

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so, not reading any post here because I'm only on season 1. I started to watch when the show started, I dropped out halfway through season 1, and now I've watched Sabrina and decided to give Riverdale another shot. I'm on episode 10 and I'm liking it more and more.
Does it... remain good? I think I remember posts saying that it went to shit but I'm not sure.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Okay so, not reading any post here because I'm only on season 1. I started to watch when the show started, I dropped out halfway through season 1, and now I've watched Sabrina and decided to give Riverdale another shot. I'm on episode 10 and I'm liking it more and more.
Does it... remain good? I think I remember posts saying that it went to shit but I'm not sure.
Season 2 jumps the shark and lands in the realm of batshit insanity. Season 3 doubles back, kills the shark, and makes a hat out of it's fin.

In other words, it's a gloriously stupid mess.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did archie and jughead just drop out of high school
and what the fuck you cant just transfer betty in a high school like that.

how is veronica the only left in riverdale high

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they broke a man out of jail, THEY ALL SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL

Whether archies chargers were dropped or not

but i guess the underground fight club cancels it out

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So does Jughead not give a damn about Betty. Also Alice come on.

Archie super depressed about Veronica but already come across someone else in the preview smh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Veronica can now have a subplot that doesn't revolve around Archie

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
The most bizarre scene this episode involved the gargoyle king and jiffy pop. I don't understand why all these people keep seeing this ridiculous costume and then nothing really happens, and it kind of just goes away. I think I might at least try to tackle the thing.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really, really hope they do something decent with Archie. Like holy fuck. I say this every week, his plot is so dumb. I'm tired of Hiram obsessing over him. I'm tired of Veronica trying to find out how her Dad screwed Archie. If he leaves town just to get captured again... smh.

Good actors, dumb plot.

The rest of the show is good so far.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Can everyone stop treating Kevin like shit? Kthx.

Also, I'd like to be in the center of one of his really intense hugs with his dad.

Jan 2, 2018
I loved the episode, but can someone please explain the episode title to me?
I don't see the connection to Thomas Harris' work.

I've only noticed the nod to the film Stand by Me at the end.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, wait. Did Jughead leave town WITH Archie, or is he just walking out of town with him and then coming back next week?

Because both of them leaving kinda means it's all up to Veronica to get Betty out of Handmaid's Tale Hell, and something tells me V isn't going to be in the mood to dress up as Budget Catwoman next week.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, wait. Did Jughead leave town WITH Archie, or is he just walking out of town with him and then coming back next week?

Because both of them leaving kinda means it's all up to Veronica to get Betty out of Handmaid's Tale Hell, and something tells me V isn't going to be in the mood to dress up as Budget Catwoman next week.

Veronica could easily motivate herself by seeing it as an opportunity to get her mind off Archie or something lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica could easily motivate herself by seeing it as an opportunity to get her mind off Archie or something lol

I just realized they're probably going to have Cheryl be the one to lead that mission. They're family (cousins? I forget), and she has more reason than anyone to hate the Sisters. Plus she did almost nothing this week.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Low key Jug and Archie are fun to watch together so next weeks episode should be good if he's tagging along.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Low key Jug and Archie are fun to watch together so next weeks episode should be good if he's tagging along.

My question is this: why doesn't Archie just get on a bus to Chicago and go stay with his mother, where he would be 100% safe from Hiram's bullshit?

Oh, right. Because they don't have the budget to shoot here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the middle of season 2, Cheryl is in an asylum, watching a movie featuring Kevin and Moose (what?). And turns out her dad had en evil (?) twin. This season is really going places. Can't stand the parts with Chic either.
I thought the first part with the Black Hood was crazy in a fun way. Now I think it's just cray-cray.