• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
so i should keep going? season 2 has some really weird plots

As long as you have a tolerance for bullshit, sure. Riverdale is a fucked up and stupid show but as long as you expect that you can get through it.

Season 3 is better than season 2 without question, it's just got some dumb subplots, which is better than pretty much the ENTIRETY of season 2 being dumb.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 works a lot better as a binge watch than it did as a weekly show. It's truly more enjoyable when you just watch, don't think.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yuuup. Annoying as shit, which is probably the point.

Never really liked her heel turn from the beginning.

I'm picturing the writers' room having ONE person in it who was just like sick to death of the Barb memes from Stranger Things and decided to troll all of those people outright.

I really hope Ethel isn't the big character death. I mean, if they kill her I won't be sad, but it also won't really mean anything for the show.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm picturing the writers' room having ONE person in it who was just like sick to death of the Barb memes from Stranger Things and decided to troll all of those people outright.

I really hope Ethel isn't the big character death. I mean, if they kill her I won't be sad, but it also won't really mean anything for the show.

This makes too much sense lol. It's just like I can't buy her/take her seriously as some sort of sniveling, manipulated villain character.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica went from my favorite to arguably my least favorite of the main cast (excluding Archie, I never liked him)

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's Hiram for me. He's going to have to start taking his shirt off as much as Archie if he's going to redeem himself.
When he was wearing that tight white shirt last episode. My god. He is the the dilfiest of the dilfs.

Ethel can die at this point. She contributes nothing to the show other than to be an annoying fucking foil all the time and cause issues. I hate her

Oct 28, 2017
California
I hope someone ends up burning the Sisters of Quiet Mercy group home down, with Ethel and Sister Woodhouse still inside.

When Betty makes it home, I hope she smacks the shit out of her mom for forcing her there.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
So apparently it was announced (somewhere?) that a character is dying next week. It's obviously not going to be one of the main four, it also won't be Cheryl (considering she's had almost no arc this season) and I don't think it'll be Kevin or Josie either.

Maybe they'll kill off Hiram and blow up everyone's theories about what's really going on?
since there's no one for them to kill it has to be either Ethel or a gay (Toni, they aren't using her in the first place you;d think she's a parent)
long shot is Cheryl's mom

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't Jughead point out that Archie just broke out of juvie and was exonerated when Archie went all murder crazy

Veronica already told him he's been exonerated but he still insisted on leaving town.

I wonder why they seem so insistent on separating Archie's and other actors' storylines this season. That usually doesn't bode well for stories.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica already told him he's been exonerated but he still insisted on leaving town.

I wonder why they seem so insistent on separating Archie's and other actors' storylines this season. That usually doesn't bode well for stories.

I think KJ Apa shot a movie or something early in the season that kind of interfered with a couple of shoot dates?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Weekly reminder that Archie is supposed to be dumb and impulsive.

Also Veronica's "maybe Daddy isn't so bad" line made me vomit. Way to obliterate her entire character arc this season.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
so i should keep going? season 2 has some really weird plots

If you like some moments of Season 2 but you feel like it's a bit sloppy/too much/poorly written I would say keep going. Season 3 is more consistent so far overall. Season 2 had some terrible actors too like Chic, ugh. The overall tone is still the same tho.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the Betty part but why did Betty start a fight with Ethel to fake a seizure?
EDIT: To be clear I understand why she faked the seizure but why fight with Ethel? Maybe because she thought she would be escaping?

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the Betty part but why did Betty start a fight with Ethel to fake a seizure?
EDIT: To be clear I understand why she faked the seizure but why fight with Ethel? Maybe because she thought she would be escaping?

I think because she knew she had to especially convince Ethel the seizure was real, so having it while interacting with her and getting worked up earned her some realness points.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
So is this show just a teen drama? Is theor any supernatural stuff in it?
Co fused on what this is.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
So is this show just a teen drama? Is theor any supernatural stuff in it?
Co fused on what this is.

I'm not sure if there's anything actually supernatural going on, but the show teases it all the time. Let's call it supernaturalish. There's lots of murder and gangsters and drugged candy and shirtless hotties. That's pretty much the recipe.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Wasn't Archie branded while he was in juvie? Did that just miraculously heal itself and disappear?

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
maybe this will finally be enough for betty to care enough to actually want to stop these people and go tell the police or someone about the sisters of quiet mercy

because for some reason most of the characters decided they'd give them a pass on the conversion therapy and betty thought it was great blackmail material and presumably it's still a thing going on there

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
maybe this will finally be enough for betty to care enough to actually want to stop these people and go tell the police or someone about the sisters of quiet mercy

because for some reason most of the characters decided they'd give them a pass on the conversion therapy and betty thought it was great blackmail material and presumably it's still a thing going on there
Don't forget, cops don't care in Riverdale. They prefer kids solving their problems.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not done the episode yet but Cheryl "syrupboarding" her mom cracked me up.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Was this an Aguirro-Sacasa ep? I expect to be tagged whenever he writes one, I'll turn that ish right on.
There was actually gayness so maybe

Hmm he only got 1 episode this season, episode 1. guess Sabrina got to him much more

I'm not sure if there's anything actually supernatural going on, but the show teases it all the time. Let's call it supernaturalish. There's lots of murder and gangsters and drugged candy and shirtless hotties. That's pretty much the recipe.
Jughead being hetrosexual with abs is super natural

Last edited: