• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Good episode but why they gotta do Kevin so dirty? I was excited they were finally advancing the Kev and Moose storyline since the freaking premiere of this season. And then Moose is seemingly off the show? Booooo

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Ok, I think I'm officially done with this show.

Sure, the last two episodes were better than the rest of this clusterfuck of a season we had so far, but they weren't "good" either. The morbid fascination that kept me coming back week after week seems to be gone. And it's not like there aren't any other shows to watch... I think my time will be better spent elsewhere.

It makes me think of Sabrina. It sure wasn't a perfect show, but at least it was consistent with itself. I really hope it will not pull a Riverdale for its second season...

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I think Penelope is gay but she went overboard because she's psychotic. All the children are just their parents still. But Cheryl (and maybe all of them) are (slightly) better version of their parents. Would explain Penelope's vengeance against men and Cheryl being a lesbian. Penelope was put in the Sister of Quite Mercy because her parents thought she was

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I quite liked this episode? Moose and Kevin have never been particularly compelling to me though to be honest. Kevin needs a new man (and to finally get shirtless goddamn it)

I enjoyed all the LGBT characters actually talking like people with something in common, it was nice.

Moose's dad being a closet gay homophobe was... Eh. Like Moose is already a pretty non-existent character and his dad even less so.

It was nice to have an episode focusing on the supporting characters for a change. Betty, Jughead and Archie were mostly just connected with other people's stories, though who really cares about Josie since we know she's jumping ship to the spin off

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on this show and saw the last two episodes:
  • Moose's dad's storyline was awkward, forced, and not compelling. It was delivered in essentially a single monologue. I get that they wanted to explain his actions, but they could have really simplified things and not tried to make them symptoms of some deep backstory.
  • So the show threw out the only storyline they built for Kevin this season in a single episode. It's amazing to me how a character like Cheryl has had her storylines and relationship handled so differently compared to Kevin's since Season 2. I saw them as somewhat equals in Season 1, but now there's such a big gulf. I think Toni is even a bigger character than Kevin now.
  • If I were Kevin's actor, I might be looking at leaving the show. He's a great talent, but he's barely being used. He might be able to better grow his career and profile elsewhere. As an audience member, if they're not going to do anything with Kevin, who seems to be a shell of his Season 1 self at this point (minus a couple comedic moments this past episode), I'd almost rather they just kill him off. I guess I could start following a different watching routine and just tune in when he gets attention, since it seems like they mostly concentrate his screentime into single-episode chunks.
  • Was that an ad for Bumble in the middle of the episode?
  • The episode before this past one (the noir one) was great, though.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
  • Was that an ad for Bumble in the middle of the episode?
Yeah the past two have had Bumble product placement which is pretty funny considering I think you're probably supposed to be 18 to use Bumble and most of the time they make up a soundalike name when mentioning real world products. In a past ep they mentioned that Kevin should use the Grind'em app instead of cruising the woods.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
So the show threw out the only storyline they built for Kevin this season in a single episode. It's amazing to me how a character like Cheryl has had her storylines and relationship handled so differently compared to Kevin's since Season 2. I saw them as somewhat equals in Season 1, but now there's such a big gulf. I think Toni is even a bigger character than Kevin now.
he's not dating any of the cast members or best friends with them so why would he get screen time

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
he's not dating any of the cast members or best friends with them so why would he get screen time

Yeah, I was thinking about this. Because the core cast is seemingly all heterosexual, they can't rotate him in in the way that Josie seems like she's going to be, so he's a bit limited in some ways. And they don't seem willing to make his love interest a major character like they did with Toni. However, regarding friendship, I have no idea where his friendship with Betty and Veronica went... Kevin doesn't seem to have friends anymore.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the past two have had Bumble product placement which is pretty funny considering I think you're probably supposed to be 18 to use Bumble and most of the time they make up a soundalike name when mentioning real world products. In a past ep they mentioned that Kevin should use the Grind'em app instead of cruising the woods.

I mean not only that but she says that Kevin should use Bumble, but Bumble whole point is "Women being in charge".

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on the season and I don't even enjoy watching this anymore

It's so stupid it feels like it's killing brain cells

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ True. I just read the news on my phone and only kind of pay attention to this trash now, and I even regret doing that most weeks.

Now that The Magicians is back on the same night the lack of quality in this is even more apparent.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that was quite the long break. Riverdale's back again guys. New episode tonight:

RIVERDALE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27

Chapter Forty-Eight: Requiem for a Welterweight

GLADYS RETURNS TO RIVERDALE - As Veronica (Camila Mendes) attempts to steer Hiram (Mark Consuelos) away from the drug business, Gladys' (guest star Gina Gershon) return to Riverdale throws a wrench into her plan. Betty (Lili Reinhart) grows concerned when Alice (Madchen Amick) decides to take her commitment with The Farm to the next level. Elsewhere, Archie's (KJ Apa) rush to get into the boxing ring lands him in hot water, while Cheryl's (Madelaine Petsch) attempt to send the Serpents a message causes tension between her and Toni (Vanessa Morgan).

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
Starting a vigilante mob, carrying a gun, drinking alcohol in an attempt to solve his problems, and now accepting money from the mob to throw a boxing match. Why does Archie move from one bad decision to the next?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
If I were Betty, I would let my entire family dies somewhere while I do my own thing alone. They're just not worth it.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Finally threw in the towel on this show during this episode. I just can't take any more of it.

Last edited:

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This last episode... I just can't do this anymore. This show is so incredibly bad that it's been fun, but this episode... I just can't. It's really, really bad. I honestly might just keep watching to see the ending but at this point it's not even enjoyable with how much I have to twist my brain. The story is just incredibly ridiculous and wouldn't even be the way it is if it weren't for the fact that the characters are so stupid. It's... too much.

Finally thew in the towel on this show during this episode. I just can't take any more of it.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally thew in the towel on this show during this episode. I just can't take any more of it.

Yep, that's it for me. The so bad it's good aspect isn't even there anymore. Neither is that crazy "i wonder what insanity they're gonna do next" feeling. It's just frustrating and it feels like we are just going in circles with character development.

This show is dropped to "oh yeah i wonder what happened, i haven't kept up with it for a few months" status.

Jan 2, 2018
Man, I know the show is bad, but I just love it. The only thing that really annonys me is Archie, I wish they would ditch him for more Betty screentime.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
I think they went too crazy for so long, which I loved, and are trying to course correct to a degree so they can amp up the crazy again which leads to some of these filler episodes. I'm looking forward to some cult insanity and hope they go full tilt into it. Archie is so dumb though and they don't seem to know what to do with him.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Finally threw in the towel on this show during this episode. I just can't take any more of it.
I did ages ago, but my wife still watches it so I can't completely quit it. I'm just glued to my phone the entire time though, occassionally looking up to see what Archie the high school wrestling prodigy, rocker prodigy, boxing prodigy, mafia prodigy, convicted murderer, fight club and prison escape prodigy is up to next.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Even at the show's worst, Fred was always the best part of it all.

RIP, Luke. Gone way, way too soon.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Awful news, so young too.
Outside of Betty,Fred was my favourite character in the show.

Last edited: