• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I call him Smughead and I didn't believe his tough guy act from season 2 at all, why would any serpent follow the 80 pound know it all?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was not only the worst Riverdale episode, but possibly one of the worst episodes of any show I've ever seen.
I know I said I wouldn't watch another episode until this season ends but you've definitely peaked my curiosity.
I guess at this point every new episode can somehow be the new worst episode.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I call him Smughead and I didn't believe his tough guy act from season 2 at all, why would any serpent follow the 80 pound know it all?

Riverdale characters can become whoever the scriptwriters want them to be.

Look at Veronica. Basically living the life of crime now. I don't think they're trying to make it ironic.

They probably didn't intend for Gladys to be a druglord wannabe either. It was probably FP's serpent and crime involvement that led her to leave.

Betty is the only consistent character in the whole show and the only one I care about right now. Even Cheryl has become a caricature or herself.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Cheryl is probably the most confusing character on TV I've seen in a long time. I can honestly never figure out if she's nice or a bitch or if she even is friends with anybody, she changes week to week.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cheryl is probably the most confusing character on TV I've seen in a long time. I can honestly never figure out if she's nice or a bitch or if she even is friends with anybody, she changes week to week.

I feel like Veronica's even more confusing

Yeah, that was not only the worst Riverdale episode, but possibly one of the worst episodes of any show I've ever seen.

The worst episode of the series, really...

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was pretty good for a musical episode and I liked the cult reveal at the end. Apparently most of the town is in it now? Makes sense, seems like you'd have to belong to a cult to remain in Riverdale after all the weird shit that has gone down.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Was that the real cast singing? Feel like it was by the way they sounded. If it was, Kevin is not only hot but a good singer.

Also, where those the actual songs from the heathers musical?

Last edited:

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Was that the real cast singing? Feel like it was by the way they sounded. If it was, Kevin is not only hot but a good singer.

Also, where those the actual songs from the heathers musical?
Yes, it's the cast singing and the songs are from the musical but they added in their character names in some of the lines. Found out earlier you can find it on your streaming service of choice as "The Riverdale Cast".

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Jan 2, 2018
Jughead is great! Archie is awful.
I liked the episode, I have a real soft spot for musical episodes in such shows and the singing was good.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I put up with a lot of silly shenanigans at Riverdale but all your kids just got through a whole musical and nobody claps?

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
This show continues to be ridiculous.

I just can't get over how most characters are seemingly having some kind of war with their parents, a war that could quite easily end with someone getting killed and I don't think anyone would actually give a shit.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just waiting for the Farm bullshit to be over. I hate basically every single character, special mention to Kevin (who probably would have become a nazi during WWII if nazis have CuTe BoiZ <3 <3 <3) and the whole Lodge family. Stop trying to kill Hiram and end his life already.
Cheryl was my favourite character, until season 3 fucked her up (and now she's in the Farm. Grrrrrreat.) and it's so frustrating to see Betty struggling so much with all the bullshit surrounding her.

I'm just hate-watching at this point lol

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
So last night Jughead's mom and Penny Peabody fought each other with Sai like ninjas. Still peak Riverdale if you ask me.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
And this whole time I kept looking at Evelyn and thinking "How does anyone believe she's a high school student?" lol

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
And this whole time I kept looking at Evelyn and thinking "How does anyone believe she's a high school student?" lol

I mean, Zoé de Grand'Maison was born in '95. So she's one year younger than Camila Mendes/Madelaine Petsch (Veronica/Cheryl), two years younger than Cole Sprouse (Jughead), three years younger than Vanessa Morgan/Casey Cott (Toni, Kevin), four years younger than Charles Melton (Reggie) and frigging EIGHT years younger than Ashleigh Murray (Josie), who was born in 1988 and is still playing a teen.

So technically, she should be among the most believable teen of the cast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I scoffed when Edgar said that Kevin is Betty's best friend. Are they really best friends, writers? Then why haven't they hung out basically at all since Season 1? I'd like the show a lot more if they were still best friends.

Was anyone else surprised that they wrapped up three different characters' storylines in three different ways in a single episode? The cast just shrank considerably. Plus, given that that was apparently Luke Perry's last episode, the cast really shrank by four. I'd been confused and suspicious about the whole prison relocation request the entire time, but I guess they needed a way to kill him off that wasn't suicide. (Either that or he really did escape and he's going to show up at some point; they left that door open.)

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, was thinking the same thing, show finally broke me

A friend of mine used to discuss this show with me everytime after we watched the show but for the last couple of episodes she hasn't mentioned anything and neither have I lol.

I only care about Betty and the farm. Archie's story is boring. Sick of Veronica's going back and forth with her dad and the everchanging circumstances of the finances of her bar. Who will make and sell Jingle Jangle next is also a mystery and storyline I don't really care about, neither do I care about the Gargoyle King anymore.

Can we just spin off the show and make it about Betty solving small town mysteries as a travelling reporter?

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
This shows only good thing is Betty, gorgeous woman an good actress. The rest toggles between wtf and meh.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I got up to date with the show and I'm considering dropping it after this season. I love the characters and the world they created, but the show keeps going circles. Now Hiram wants to take out Archie again, and I think they are setting Veronica and Archie up as a couple again. Every Betty storyline revolves around her character being basically the antichrist but her not willing to embrace her darkness. Cheryl has been rebooted like 5 times after her season 1 arc. Black Hood being a recurrent character this season makes no sense since Betty being so close with him sort of makes season 2 seem inconsequential.

They really need to close the farm storyline since I don't think people are actually loving it. The show also suffers a lot from both Hiram and the drug plotlines. I would say that I'd rather go back to a single muder mystery like in season 1, but the stakes are so high that it would feel weird for the characters to suddenly care about one more death. After this season ends I'm done.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, question: was the Black Hood actually there or is Betty hallucinating it? We never see anyone else see him or interact with all the corpses Betty was seeing, but in the next scene FP instantly believes her so I guess the implication is that they investigated and found all the bodies?

May 10, 2018
So, question: was the Black Hood actually there or is Betty hallucinating it? We never see anyone else see him or interact with all the corpses Betty was seeing, but in the next scene FP instantly believes her so I guess the implication is that they investigated and found all the bodies?
He was there because I think Archie and his mom mentioned what happened at the school.

The question is was that Black Hood Betty's dad or someone else?

I think it was maybe someone else because Betty's dad trying to kill her doesn't make sense to me. If anything I think Edgar and the farm are involved and that was a play to get Betty to join them.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
these trash storylines (especially the farm, good god) are taken the characters down with them, in a big way. whatever goodwill that may have existed in season 1 is just long gone.

i need to drop this, probably should've during season 2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He was there because I think Archie and his mom mentioned what happened at the school.

The question is was that Black Hood Betty's dad or someone else?

I think it was maybe someone else because Betty's dad trying to kill her doesn't make sense to me. If anything I think Edgar and the farm are involved and that was a play to get Betty to join them.

Yeah, Hal doesn't really have any reason to try and kill Betty of all people, especially when she did what he asked her to do. He would be messing with her head and trying to talk to her, not just chasing her with a freaking hook.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I can't drop it because I spent two weeks quite recently binge watching the whole show from the beginning, and if I dropped the show now then that would be admitting to myself that I completely wasted my time with those two weeks,

So I shall struggle on..

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way it was Hal, but I think he might be alive minus a hand in a cell somewhere at the farm.
The best ridiculous scene this episode was the Archie training montage to Eye of the Tiger.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Think I've reached the conclusion that I'm mainly watching this just for the eye candy.

This week's highlight was CMM removing his shirt 🤤

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Anyone else thrown off by the ep just starting with sheriff FP after last ep's armed robbery? Like yeah I didn't expect him to permanently lose the job but... seeing him back soon liike nothing was weird.

And yeah there's nooo way that Black Hood is Hal, it just makes no sense for him to go after Betty. There being a hand-less Hal somewhere is definitely the likely scenario.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
This show is nice proof that more storylines isn't always better than only having one or two for an entire season. Especially when the characters are so disconnected.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
these trash storylines (especially the farm, good god) are taken the characters down with them, in a big way. whatever goodwill that may have existed in season 1 is just long gone.

i need to drop this, probably should've during season 2.

Pretty much. S1 was enjoyable and I legit liked it. S2 was crazy and I enjoyed it because it was so over the top. S3 is just like, it looped around and just became actually bad instead of enjoyably bad. I think I'm done after this Season and only watching now because (I hope) the farm shit ends and they all burn or something.