• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The newer comics, kinda. Old school, lol, no way.

Yeah I did some digging, and it looks like the Mark Waid run is probably the closest thing to the show.

I really liked Season 2. It had some pacing issues, sure, but it was a big improvement from the first season imo, which I thought was really good too. Think the show benefits a ton from being on Netflix all at once, rather than watching week to week. Kinda wish Netflix had acquired Riverdale along with Sabrina now.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Just finished the season finale today. Binged both seasons over the last few weeks. I really enjoyed it all. Maybe it helped to binge it instead of waiting week to week, but overall it was entertaining. And the last couple of episodes, while they were a bit much, felt like the culmination of the season's events. The show is certainly over the top but it's fun and I really like most of the characters. Looking forward to season 3 and also the Sabrina show to see how that is.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2. It was disjointed as hell and SO many characters made just awful choices... But I loved it. I love how weird and just crazy this show gets and it just owns it.

I'm REALLY hoping we get some supernatural stuff in S3. That ending really set it up for something far more grounded, but the crate delivery episode makes me think they're teasing something bigger. Give me a Lovecraftian cult this season, please.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished season 2. It was disjointed as hell and SO many characters made just awful choices... But I loved it. I love how weird and just crazy this show gets and it just owns it.

I'm REALLY hoping we get some supernatural stuff in S3. That ending really set it up for something far more grounded, but the crate delivery episode makes me think they're teasing something bigger. Give me a Lovecraftian cult this season, please.
They were teasing Sabrina, but Netflix snatched the show from them. It's likely one of the reasons the season became disjointed, they had to scramble.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Can't they use Sabrina despite the Netflix show? Archie Comics owns the character not Netflix.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
That's too bad. :(

But Riverdale is on Netflix internationally exclusively and in the US after each season ends, so maybe Netflix wouldn't mind if Riverdale uses Sabrina in a limited capacity.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I fell off somewhere during a break which is unfortunate but I picked it back up today and is on episode 15.

They're at the public will, and Alice just mentioned this incest pool thing going on. Can someone please refresh my mind on this whole deal I forgot about?

Btw, most of you agreed that the season had been worse than the first, and they had slowly dropped the ball. I'm at episode 15, but did they ever pick back up and tightened up the season? I never really thought it had turned bad to be honest, and I've been enjoying it all the way, but I'm not satisfied with the Black Hood arc and I hope it improves with these last few episodes.

Last edited:

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/1014158004537712646

DhMDUzFU8AIH-80.jpg

Well... okay then.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the Carrie episode. That was good. But they can't be real in killing Midge. Whaaaat. And man Cheryl in all that blood was crazy. Finally some good stuff happening with Betty's dad coming home and Archie buying that car that he and Andrews can work on.

Only 4 more episodes to go. I like that the Black Hood is still looming!

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
no one posted S3 trailer from SDCC?

first part of the video is more of a S1/S2 recap. later half is new stuff.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Also caught a bit about how they'll be playing their parents in a flashback, which is... uh, okay, I guess. I'm still sad the Netflix thing ruined the Sabrina crossover that the horror episode was clearly setting up for.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend and I watched season 2 a while ago. We enjoyed the first season but because of the increased number of episodes for 2 we felt it was sometimes all over the place. Betty's pretty cute, though ;)

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i just saw on my youtube trending. who requesting a video of cheryl's workout routine? yall creepy.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to another season of Kevin and Reggie not getting any of their own stories
Why would Reggie get his own stories? He's like a tertiary supporting character and not even friends with any main character. Kevin got Moose, I think they're going to do something with them dating.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Why would Reggie get his own stories? He's like a tertiary supporting character and not even friends with any main character. Kevin got Moose, I think they're going to do something with them dating.
Because Reggie is easily the 5th most important Archie Comics character (and a pretty great one at that)?

He's great in the books but barely present here, although now he's a series regular.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Because Reggie is easily the 5th most important Archie Comics character (and a pretty great one at that)?

He's great in the books but barely present here, although now he's a series regular.
It doesn't really matter if he's important in the comics, so far he hasn't been important in the show and I don't see the appeal, in season one he was the douche who did douchey things, in season 2 they added drug dealing ... yay? Maybe I just forgot (which is possible because the middle of season 2 bored me) but does he have any redeeming qualities? Even Penelope Blossom of all people got a nice moment when she burned the St. Claire check.
As a villain he isn't fun to watch either because a small potato drug dealing douche is nothing compared to what the other villains offer, the actor doesn't have much screen presence either, I remember season one Reggie more than the new guy.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It doesn't really matter if he's important in the comics, so far he hasn't been important in the show and I don't see the appeal, in season one he was the douche who did douchey things, in season 2 they added drug dealing ... yay? Maybe I just forgot (which is possible because the middle of season 2 bored me) but does he have any redeeming qualities? Even Penelope Blossom of all people got a nice moment when she burned the St. Claire check.
As a villain he isn't fun to watch either because a small potato drug dealing douche is nothing compared to what the other villains offer, the actor doesn't have much screen presence either, I remember season one Reggie more than the new guy.
Season 1 Reggie had my favorite interaction in the show.

"It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?"

The new guy isn't bad, but yeah, 1's was way better.

But in general, season 1 felt like an Archie season... as opposed to whatever the hell it is now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Of course it matters that he's an important character in the comics. He's one of the best and the show hasn't done anything with him. That's the problem.