• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
HBO Max is developing a series based on Scholastic's "Point Horror" books by R.L Stine, Variety has learned exclusively.

The project hails from Picturestart and Lionsgate Television. The show, which is currently titled "Point Fear," is described as an anthology series that exposes the horrors of being a teenager. Each episode of the show will be inspired by one of the books in the series, told for today's audiences but with a nostalgic nod to the 1990s. Many authors have published books under the "Point Horror" banner, but the series will specifically focus on those written by Stine.

Jon M. Chu is in negotiations to direct and executive produce the series. Stine will also executive produce along with Yvonne M. Bernard. Ryan Lindenberg will oversee the project for Picturestart.

Previous television adaptations of Stine's work includes the "Goosebumps" series, as well as shows like "The Nightmare Room" and "Eye Candy." He and Bernard are also currently adapting his "Fear Street" books into films.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I do not like how they are painting this as a Stine thing, a lot of people wrote for the series and Stine was arguably the worst of the lot.

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Stine is a real person? I thought it was a pen-name and all those books were ghostwritten (fittingly).

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How about we do Animorphs but for real this time.
Having never read or even heard of Animorphs when I was growing up my only exposure to this series is TV Trope's apparent fascination with the series, second only to Gargoyles and Bionicle. Very odd.

I remember the Point (whatever) series of books from back in the day, didn't they also do Point Crime and Point Romance?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Stine is a real person? I thought it was a pen-name and all those books were ghostwritten (fittingly).
He said he wrote all of the mainline Goosebumps books himself in a reddit AMA awhile back, but I really doubt it.
Having never read or even heard of Animorphs when I was growing up my only exposure to this series is TV Trope's apparent fascination with the series, second only to Gargoyles and Bionicle. Very odd.

I remember the Point (whatever) series of books from back in the day, didn't they also do Point Crime and Point Romance?
The books take a strangely violent and introspective (for a children's series) turn as the series goes on. Terroism, genocide, etc etc

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
How about we do Animorphs but for real this time.
6zTtEOD.png

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 1 The babysitter
Episode 2 The babysitter II
Episode 3 The babysitter III
Episode 4 The babysitter IV