• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Woah didn't realize this was coming to switch as the same time too. has me curious, not sure I'm onboard though

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I brought on PC and ended up refunding, the controls weren't where i needed them to be. It hurt because I like to support homegrown Tripwire

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game inproved a lot since it was first available. There are some aspects I'm not crazy about, but it's 100% the closest modern equivalent to Road Rash.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When's the release date? It says "Available Now" but I can't find anything but "fall"

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
ha what, so as a Kickstarter backer who backed this back in 2013 for the Wii U, i've had no communication from them about this release

The last update we got was November 2017 when they asked us to choose the Switch version

Last edited:

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
From the youtube description
" announced today that Road Redemption, the beloved spiritual successor to Road Rash, launches today for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Nintendo Switch system with a version for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft coming soon"

So its out today on PS4 and Switch, I know Switch updates at 12 pm est usually, def getting it when I get home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P06rdib6EU

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
There was two announced and in development at the same time. One had some of the people from the Road Rash team. This is all off memory.

For those who know what I'm talking about, which one is this? I think one of the two already released and people said it had ps2 graphics and was a dud. Is this the other one, or is that same one, but it's been improved since it's initial release?

Edit: Road Rage and Road Redemption, here's a quick google find.

Two spiritual successors!

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Picked it up on PS4 and as a big Road Rash 2 fan, I am happy! It's stupid fun, controls are good and satisfying too. It looks quite bad but it's serviceable and 60fps. It has some hard to describe PS1 days feel to it that I truly missed.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on PC, will also get it on Switch. A super solid 7/10 when it came out but updates have improved it imo

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I got this on PC via the Kickstarter and had a lot of fun with it. It's a little rough around the edges but still heaps of fun and very reminiscent of the old Road Rash game.

Now I want a Skitchin' successor!

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Road rash was so fun back in the day, think was my 1st exposure to Soundgarden lol

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks bad, looks like a mobile game. Hopefully it's fun and will give it a try once it's cheap

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting... a change from the racing game convention... and I am not liking what I see in GRIP... but battling on bikes... hell yeah...

Oct 27, 2017
I never played Road Rash, but this looks pretty darned good! Interesting that there's rogue-lite elements.

So the tracks are randomly generated? The reviews seem kinda all over the road, pardon the pun!

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were so many awful Road Rash clones over the years it's nice to finally get a decent one. I'll definitely play it after it appears in a sale.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Road Rash 2018 on Switch sounds like my ideal game
My love of Road Rash was the reason why I backed this on KS, though from what i've seen of it it doesn't really capture the charm of what made Road Rash so great like falling off your bike and having to run back to it

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Apologies about the upping and moaning, but still no word from them for us KS backers. The publisher of the Switch version has at least replied on Twitter saying we need to contact the devs

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how you can actually feel good ignoring people who gave you money once the project is out and published. -_- It's not as if download codes were expensive.
They've ignored us for years, going all the way back to the Wii U version from the original KS, which was the reason why it got funded in the first place after they added it as a reward when the campaign wasn't doing so well

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game last night and played in docked mode... it is fun, and I die a lot but very satisfying beheading people on the road or causing gangs of bikers to fall off the side of a bridge

DAT FEELING

Aug 9, 2018
Watched a steam. I would only want to play pvp. And the lobby he joined on PS4 only had 1 other person in it. Bummer

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
20 days after release on consoles, us Kickstarter backers still don't have our codes

We've had 1 message off the devs on KS which is from 17 days ago

DarkSeas GamesCreator17 days ago
We don't have any console keys yet. As soon as we get them we will send them out to backers.

Does anyone know if waiting for codes is even a thing? Can a dev request codes at any time? The publisher has already told us the original KS is nothing to do with them