• Ben Affleck

Votes: 57 8.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 10623

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2021
www.indiewire.com

Robert Pattinson Has a Warning: ‘The Batman’ Is a ‘Sad Movie’ Where Bruce Wayne Is a ‘Weirdo’

Robert Pattinson confirmed that Batman had "a bit of a breakdown" in Matt Reeves' upcoming "The Batman" film.

Thoughts?

edit: Robert Pattinson: 'The Batman' Opening Shot Is 'So Jarring' and Feels Unlike Any Other Batman Movie

variety.com

Robert Pattinson: ‘The Batman’ Opening Shot Is ‘So Jarring’ and Feels Unlike Any Other ‘Batman’ Movie

Robert Pattinson says "The Batman" begins in a way no other Batman movie ever has.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, dude runs around at night in a costume beating up disenfranchised people

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Bruce Wayne is a sad, miserable, and lonely person who acts like a weirdo.

Sounds about right!

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
the best thing about batman is that he's just as mentally disturbed as his villains so I'm okay with that

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
He dresses up like a bat and goes around beating up people lmao.
When was he not a weirdo?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Batman being an ineffectual weirdo is kinda hilarious.

"He's kind of a weirdo as Bruce and a weirdo as Batman. In this, it's sort of implied that he's had a bit of a breakdown. But this thing he's doing, it's not even working," Pattinson said.

"Like, it's two years into it, and the crime has gotten worse since Bruce started being Batman. The people of Gotham think that he's just another symptom of how shit everything is."

Oct 27, 2017
Bruce Wayne is indeed a weirdo so that works. Anyone obsessed with crime, dressing like a bat, adopting orphans to become vigilante footsoldiers and is a billionaire to boot would have to be a weirdo.

Batman also being portrayed as not having much of an influence on improving Gotham also makes sense considering how rampant extravagant weirdo criminals, gangs, and general constant shit goes down despite his constant good efforts.

Dec 19, 2021
Have we seen any decent trailers with fight choreography in them yet? The trailers I've seen have all been cut to not really show batman in a decent fight scene which isn't great.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The GQ cover story is great:

www.gq.com

The Metamorphosis of Robert Pattinson

The expectation-defying actor is executing his wildest career pivot yet, returning to the world of giant franchise films as the Batman. Yet he can't help but worry: What is a movie star now, anyway?

Like, it's two years into it, and the crime has gotten worsesince Bruce started being Batman. The people of Gotham think that he's just another symptom of how shit everything is. There's this scene where he's beating everyone up on this train platform, and I just love that there's a bit in the script where the guy he's saving is also just like: Ahh! It's worse! You're either being mugged by some gang members, or a monster comes and, like, fucking beats everybody up! The guy has no idea that Batman's come to save him. It just looks like this werewolf."

He's created this intricate construction for years and years and years, which has culminated in this Batman persona. But it's not like a healthy thing that he's done." It's like an extended crack-up. "Almost like a drug addiction," he says. There's a moment when Alfred asks Bruce what his family would think of him tarnishing the family legacy with his new side hustle. "And Bruce says: 'This is my family legacy. If I don't do this, then there's nothing else for me.' I always read that as not like, 'There's nothing else,' like, 'I don't have a purpose.' But like: 'I'm checking out.' And I think that makes it a lot sadder. Like, it's a sad movie. It's kind of about him trying to find some element of hope, in himself, and not just the city

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
R.fe86f9df7f198d3eb173467cda099e01

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there is a scene where he listens to vaporwave inside his batcave.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Is this confirmation that there will be a scene where R-Patz Batz does an action scene in slow motion while a very somber, trailercore version of Radiohead's "Creep" plays?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
ki·no
/ˈkēnō/

noun

1. cinematic masterpiece exhibiting the hallmarks of kinoism

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Bruce Wayne is indeed a weirdo so that works. Anyone obsessed with crime, dressing like a bat, adopting orphans to become vigilante footsoldiers and is a billionaire to boot would have to be a weirdo.

This is explored wonderfully in season 3 of Titans. No spoilers, but it's essential viewing for anyone interested in seeing Batman deconstructed in that way. And you don't even need to watch the first two seasons. It's totally self contained.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Hopefully Batman comes to his senses by the end of the film and just commits full time to personal gratification and snarky internet bitching like everyone else.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean, a guy that dresses up as a bat and cripples randoms at night seems like a fairly normal person to me.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Great interview. Bruce/Batman has never really been portrayed as a weirdo on screen. Even his brief recluse stage at the beginning of TDKR was pretty tame. More elderly old man than broken down lunatic who spent years pummeling folks wearing a 100LB suit of armor resembling a human bat.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
i mean

Bruce Wayne has a fucking bat costume and beats the fuck out of people so that's sounds on brand

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Probably going to be a good Batman movie then. Dude spends infinite money to dress up in a bat themed suit to beat up people in the streets and adopts children who suffered similar circumstances to his own and brings them into that crazy ass lifestyle. Dude hangs out in a cave that probably reeks of bat guano half the night while monitoring police feeds and goes patrolling the other half and probably barely sleeps as he has to pretend to be bruce wayne for the public during the day.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Great interview. Bruce/Batman has never really been portrayed as a weirdo on screen. Even his brief recluse stage at the beginning of TDKR was pretty tame. More elderly old man than broken down lunatic who spent years pummeling folks wearing a 100LB suit of armor resembling a human bat.

Keaton's Bruce Wayne was certainly a weirdo.

BlodiaMkII

Jan 5, 2019
How long until we get campy batman? Is it bad that I want an uplifting Batman who tries to find the best in people, but still plans for the worst? Would be a good vehicle for a fun Batman & Robin movie