• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
http://collider.com/robert-pattinson-christopher-nolan-movie-cast/

The pieces of Christopher Nolan's next cinematic puzzle are starting to fall into place, as Robert Pattinson is poised to star opposite John David Washington in the next film from the director of Inception, Collider has exclusively learned.

With plot details being kept under wraps, little is known about the actual film, though Variety described it as "a massive, innovative action blockbuster" that will once again be shown in IMAX — no surprise given Nolan's preference for the large-screen format..

My understanding is that Pattinson and Washington (BlacKkKlansman) will play the two leads, and there will also be an age-appropriate female lead, as well as an older male co-star. I don't know if there's a love triangle in play here, or whether Pattinson and Washington will be friends or enemies, so just like all of you, I can't wait to find out what Nolan's next movie is actually about. There's speculation that the film could be a sequel of sorts to Inception, and while I don't expect that to be the case — outside of his Batman trilogy, Nolan has eschewed franchise fare, including sequels — I suppose anything is possible.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's speculation that the film could be a sequel of sorts to Inception and while I don't expect that to be the case — outside of his Batman trilogy, Nolan has eschewed franchise fare, including sequels — I suppose anything is possible.
This sentence is so on-brand for Collider

INST

Nov 2, 2017
So what if it is a romantic thriller after all.

Or is he making Green Lantern.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Pattinson? This just got serious. Adding him is not a light touch. That guy can bring it. He's approaching Christian Bale territory.

Imagine saying this right after Twilight came out...

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Pattinson is Washington's dead husband!

tenor.gif

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news. This is his first big blockbuster type movie, right? He's mostly been doing indie and genre stuff

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Pattinson is a great actor, so I'm on board with this.
I'm actually glad he got to prove his skills in the movies he's been in since. I read a review by Rex Reed and he lashed out at him for taking these roles. From the metacritic quote

An unwatchable sci-fi creep-out by eccentric French director Claire Denis, it stars Robert Pattinson, who devotes himself these days to art films in an effort to live down his reputation as a sexy television vampire

Honestly why is this even a negative thing? He hatesNolan too so regardless of the budget he's probably gonna dislike Pattinson in this even more.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
He is a great actor. It's time form him to shine with the great public and not only with cinema connoisseurs like us.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think it'll be an Inception sequel but for some reason my first thought of this movie is always that it'll be some kind of Inception sequel. Prob just because it's coming out on Inception's 10 year anniversary.

Florence Pugh for female lead do it.

Might not be age appropriate though.
She'll be shooting Black Widow this summer so likely wouldn't be available.

daft_cat

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sentence is so on-brand for Collider

I don't really think it'll be an Inception sequel but for some reason my first thought of this movie is always that it'll be some kind of Inception sequel. .

To be fair to Collider, I went to grad school at USC and still have a few friends around LA (a couple in film). One such friend is a creative executive for a production company under a non-WB studio (AKA, she hears things but is not really in a position to know). She told me two weeks ago (around the time of that romantic thriller bullshit) that there was talk of Nolan's next film being related to Inception in some way. I figured it was more in the spiritual sense - i.e. a similar type of movie and not a direct sequel. But yeah, that is the scuttlebutt right now and it's not something Collider just made up.

I think there's also a Paramount creative exec who posts on Resetera. Maybe he can testify as to whether he's heard anything similar.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
To be fair to Collider, I went to grad school at USC and still have a few friends around LA (a couple in film). One such friend is a creative executive for a production company under a non-WB studio (AKA, she hears things but is not really in a position to know). She told me two weeks ago (around the time of that romantic thriller bullshit) that there was talk of Nolan's next film being related to Inception in some way. I figured it was more in the spiritual sense - i.e. a similar type of movie and not a direct sequel. But yeah, that is the scuttlebutt right now and it's not something Collider just made up.

I think there's also a Paramount creative exec who posts on Resetera. Maybe he can testify as to whether he's heard anything similar.

Guzim get your Inception cosplay suit out of the closet.

I don't care if it doesn't fit you anymore!

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson got the look to be in an inception sequel tho, liking this cast a lot atm

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Oh I'm not knocking Collider for it. This particular story was reported by Jeff Sneider, who has better sources and is generally more in the loop than anyone else at Collider, so I don't doubt he may have heard things about the movie being quasi-related to Inception.

The other thing that makes me think Nolan would be interested in revisiting that movie is I remember him saying years ago he wanted to develop an Inception video game. Clearly that never happened, but I think indicates that he has spent some time thinking about other ways to expand that world, or at least that kind of world and story.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anything with Robert Pattinson aside from Twilight, but apparently he's good! I'm down for anything Nolan though.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If it's an Inception movie, I wonder if he settles once and for all whether Leo was dreaming. Or if it would reuse any of the characters from the original. God dammit I can't wait, Inception or not!

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely all about the cinematic action blockbuster part.

There's speculation that the film could be a sequel of sorts to Inception, and while I don't expect that to be the case — outside of his Batman trilogy, Nolan has eschewed franchise fare, including sequels — I suppose anything is possible.
This just sounds like nonsense though.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Nice, she was really good in Widows I thought. I don't really remember her roles in some of the other movies she's been in but hopefully this will be a nice breakout for her.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Inception was Nolans last essential movie so I'm all for a quasi sequel.