• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Any quick and half assed fan photoshops of Batman with Pattison's lower face shopped into it yet?
FpIKtet.png

51080366_2209274192719636_3358961312104725118_n.jpg

eumg770i70g21.jpg

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've got the Nolan trilogy and a pretty damn excellent comic book version of the character with Ben so I'm open (or maybe indifferent) to what happens next.

Pattison could do something decent with the character but he'd have to transform himself physically in a way he's never done before.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was alright, he was a major dick but I liked his performance.
giphy.gif

I'm partial for athletic Batman myself. When I think of Batman, it's always like a Jim Aparo drawing:

b51358765f1f78efb9e6882f1af3b345.jpg

Yeah I'd go even further, this is the big casting news since Ben Affleck as Batman. Maybe even more so because that project was clearly surrounded by doubt while this one you actually can feel the excitement and confidence from film twitter and such.

Several actors tested for the role:

https://movieweb.com/star-lord-actors-almost-cast-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

The one that Gunn DIDN'T want to even see the auction won. It's a great story.
I would've loved to see Glenn Howerton as starlord.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
People are gonna trash this casting if its real I think. Unless you have seen this guy outside of Twilight its easy to think he would be terrible.

But hes going to fucking rock this role IMO man. He is actually really talented. This is going to be great.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I always find it funny when people photoshop the Batman cowl on pictures 'cus, like, it completely covers their face. Unless they've got a fucked up chin, everyone will look the same.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Sneider's Twitter is fire right now tho:

The Zac Effron tweet was just after he started talking about Kroll's scoop. Both are close friends.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A little? He's lucky this is set in the past and they can use this reason to justify his lack of muscles compared to Batfleck. He'll put on size for sure but I don't see him going all out like what Christian Bale does for his roles.

It's a matter of genetics too, though. Not everyone can be as buff as Affleck or Bale.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Lol Nicholas Hoult? Come on, he can't carry a movie. He's been the Beast a few times and never stood out. I've even seen him in that jack and the beanstalk movie and he has no screen presence, Ewan Mcgregor outshined him as soon as he entered the scene.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
This guy is way too skinny for Batman
I don't like Batman as a brawler. I think he will look a lot closer to Bale, but more athletic.

alfred-cappachinos.png

JLA_Cv8_Neal_Adams_var-1.jpg

I think he will end up looking a lot like Jim Aparo's or Neal Adams Batman, which is the best Batman in my book.

Efron was being considered for Batman?
That's clearly what he was implying, and unlike any of the people that work for the trades, Jeff has the contacts and doesn't give a shit of talking about stuff because well, he doesn't work for any trades anymore. He works for Collider, but that's it.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
A little? He's lucky this is set in the past and they can use this reason to justify his lack of muscles compared to Batfleck. He'll put on size for sure but I don't see him going all out like what Christian Bale does for his roles.
This isn't a prequel because there's nothing to be a prequel to anymore. The Snyderverse has been buried, and I'm sure Reeves wants nothing to do with it

This is simply a new Batman film

Lean athletic Batman > Yoked Batman
No

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is Batman in the DCEU gonna de-age himself? Because the whole thing in BvS was that he was old and tired and Robert Pattinson is clearly not in his 40s if he's supposed to be the same character lmao.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So is Batman in the DCEU gonna de-age himself? Because the whole thing in BvS was that he was old and tired and Robert Pattinson is clearly not in his 40s if he's supposed to be the same character lmao.
No matter what anyone says in this thread, we don't know until WB and/or Reeves puts out an official synopsis. Guessing around San Diego Comic Con in July.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No matter what anyone says in this thread, we don't know until WB and/or Reeves puts out an official synopsis. Guessing around San Diego Comic Con in July.
Oh no I get that. It's just the continuity stuff I think is really weird.

EDIT: wait a minute, do we really not know if Matt Reeves' Batman is part of the DCEU?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they just have another actor and never even acknowledge that he's young now.