• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I would've thought Mars Needs Moms made him a persona non grata in Disney's eyes.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
images

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Song of the South is gonna be the only Disney property without a live adaption.

I wish this was true, but hell will freeze over before we get live action remakes of Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

(Even though those are, like, the only two remakes I actually want from Disney. Sigh.)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's not like this hasn't been done before. I won't be surprised by the eventual LA Hercules as well.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this was true, but hell will freeze over before we get live action remakes of Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

(Even though those are, like, the only two remakes I actually want from Disney. Sigh.)
Those are the two that would probably work the best in live action out of all of them too. Though I'm hopeful for Lilo & Stitch.

Edit: I wonder if Emperor's New Groove would be any good in live action

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Those are the two that would probably work the best in live action out of all of them too. Though I'm hopeful for Lilo & Stitch.

Edit: I wonder if Emperor's New Groove would be any good in live action

And they also genuinely could use some improvements, as much as I enjoy them. B.E.N. can fucking die in a fire. I was 9 year old when I saw the movie in theaters, and even then, I thought he was the most unlikeable, obnoxious piece of shit I'd ever seen.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
And they also genuinely could use some improvements, as much as I enjoy them. B.E.N. can fucking die in a fire. I was 9 year old when I saw the movie in theaters, and even then, I thought he was the most unlikeable, obnoxious piece of shit I'd ever seen.
Yeah, he really sucks. I watched it recently (like... I guess in the last 6-12 months?) and Treasure Planet totally needs like another half an hour, and BEN needs to either be completely reworked or removed. I bet a live action remake of Treasure Planet could be really good if they put some effort into it and didn't do just a 1:1 remake.

Edit: Y'know I bet Black Cauldron might work as live action pretty well, too. They could try to fix a lot of its problems, and fuckin nobody has seen it anyway so who would even notice or care? If they fixed it enough maybe they could sequelize it like I feel I've read was the original plan?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's fascinating that with Marvel Disney has pursued up-and-coming indie directors and with the Disney remakes it has largely been tired old stalwarts.

I think the quality of the remakes vs the Marvel films, on average, speak for themselves. Marvel directors feel like people shooting their shot, the Disney remakes feel like someone punching a timeclock.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, Zemeckis' CG will finally be used on an appropriate character - something that's actually supposed to be lifeless.