• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/9voy95/2019_dlc/

Harmonix Communications Director said:
I mentioned in a response in a different thread that the Rock Band 4 DLC plan for 2019 has been approved. We don't have specific songs for every week/month yet, we handle that on a rolling basis so that we can be flexible with things like new releases, but we have an approved budget for the year and a general idea of what we want to go after.

Rock Band 4 has had weekly DLC since it's release in 2015 outside of a few non-release weeks when they were sending out big patches.

RB4 has passed all previous Rock Bands for post launch support in terms of time*. If DLC ends next year, it'll be almost on par in regards to total song count for DLC (they generally release about 2 songs per week, instead of the 5 or 6 per week in the heyday of the genre)

*Rock Band 1: November 2007 to October 2010 (3 years)
Rock Band 2: Novemberish 2008 to October 2010 (2 years)
Rock Band 3: October 2010 to April 2013 (2 years, 6 months)
Rock Band 4: November 2015 to present (3 years), will be 4 years of support at the end of 2019.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Has the game been discontinued regarding hardware/controller production? I've been thinking about picking up a PS4 guitar bundle but fucking yikes the prices on Amazon

Nov 1, 2017
Thank God

So happy this game is still supported, really wish they'd bump back up to 3 songs a week at least but I guess if this is what's keeping them coming it'll do.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has the game been discontinued regarding hardware/controller production? I've been thinking about picking up a PS4 guitar bundle but fucking yikes the prices on Amazon

Unfortunately yes, however this is still brand new PS4 Strat + game bundles on amazon for 50$

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Fender-Stratocaster-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B017KIHHIM/

Drums will probably be the hardest to get. Mics are the easiest to get, as pretty much any standard USB microphone works.

However, if you're on PS4 you're in luck as you can use practically every Playstation music game instrument from the PS2 onwards in RB4.

6exwg87pg5dp.png

Just make sure if you're buying PS2/PS3 instruments that they are also selling you the dongle to connect it as well

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow

At this point, they are probably just supporting it to qualify for a guiness record.

I thought RB4 died a long time ago.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Their DLC choices have been pretty good lately and I'm glad they've supported it as long as they have.
Looking forward to their 2019 offerings.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
...I feel guilty for having bought almost none of the DLC songs over the years. Awesome that they're still supporting it.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Unfortunately yes, however this is still brand new PS4 Strat + game bundles on amazon for 50$

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Fender-Stratocaster-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B017KIHHIM/

Drums will probably be the hardest to get. Mics are the easiest to get, as pretty much any standard USB microphone works.

However, if you're on PS4 you're in luck as you can use practically every Playstation music game instrument from the PS2 onwards in RB4.

6exwg87pg5dp.png

Wow, the compatibility is a lot better than I remember. I made the switch from 360 to PS4, so unfortunately that means all my 360 guitars are useless now. Shouldn't be hard to find a PS3 Les Paul though.

Do wireless PS3 guitars have native compatibility with PS4?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the compatibility is a lot better than I remember. I made the switch from 360 to PS4, so unfortunately that means all my 360 guitars are useless now. Shouldn't be hard to find a PS3 Les Paul though.

Do wireless PS3 guitars have native compatibility with PS4?

Yes. They only work inside RB4 though, you need a Dualshock to load into the game, and if you want to play online with a non-PS4 instrument (it's due to how online needs to "touch" the PS4 OS and Sony hard-sandboxes PS3 controllers from doing that, so you just enter a lobby with your dualshock then switch to your guitar/drums.)

And just to make sure since you quote doesn't have my edit, absolutely make sure if you buy a PS2/PS3 instrument that they are giving you the wireless dongle to connect to the PS4. Only the PS4 instruments are dongle-less.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
My old RB2 drum kit is in such disarray that I can't believe it still works. 2 of the pads have been replaced with old RB1 pads, half the kit is taped together, I've got socks stuffed under the RB1 pads to keep them from cracking. I wish they would have released a standalone RB4 drum kit since it was the one piece of my band in a box that is barely holding on.

EloNoolah

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a lost cause to still hope for a port or sequel on Switch at this point? As someone who's only ever owned Nintendo consoles we've always gotten versions that look and sometimes play like something out of the PS1 era (including a bug-ridden and barely functional RB3 on Wii). It would be nice to finally get a Rock Band game that looks and runs as nice as the "primary" versions, and even nicer if Harmonix could figure out a way to have DLC purchased on Wii somehow make the jump.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever fix it so I got my red hot chili peppers songs back on xbox one?

Those were among my favorite to play regularly so I was really annoyed I couldn't download them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever fix it so I got my red hot chili peppers songs back on xbox one?

Those were among my favorite to play regularly so I was really annoyed I couldn't download them.

Yes. They finally finished fixing all purchase entitlements earlier this year, they'll be in your Ready to Install.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time for me to pick up RB4. This was one of the best party games to play hands down.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the songs are available now?

How do I get RB2 songs then?

Did you export Rock Band 2 to Rock Band 3 back in the day? On the same console family? Then the RB2 export will be waiting for you to install it.

If you didn't export RB2, the export has unfortunately expired, so you can currently only buy the RB2 songs they've been able to release as a "Rock Band Rewind".

Only RB3 is exportable anymore. (The entirety of Green Day Rock Band is available as DLC)

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
This is great news. My pals and I have been playing RB4Rivals every Friday and more often than not, we buy new song packs.
We've recently added the cymbals to the drums and they feel cool.
Now if only the RB4 drums didn't occasionally double hit on the red and yellow pads, it would've been perfect.
If you can, stick to drums pre-rock band 4, as they are more reliable and less likely to drop your combo.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you export Rock Band 2 to Rock Band 3 back in the day? On the same console family? Then the RB2 export will be waiting for you to install it.

If you didn't export RB2, the export has unfortunately expired, so you can currently only buy the RB2 songs they've been able to release as a "Rock Band Rewind".

Only RB3 is exportable anymore. (The entirety of Green Day Rock Band is available as DLC)

Nah I switched this gen. I was able to snag a copy of Rockband 3 tho and get the songs from that.

Also I think I grabbed the Rockband songs.

I was just curious if they had actually pushed everything finally instead of this.

Nov 1, 2017
If you missed the exports for any of the games they've been releasing "Rewinds" which are songs from the previous discs onto the store.
Stuff like "Reptilia" by The Strokes from Rock Band 1, "Chop Suey" by System of a Down from Rock Band 2, "Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold from Rock Band 3, etc etc.

It won't get you everything since they only have select songs from each game for sale, but if you missed any exports (aside from RB3 which is still available) then it's really your only option to get any of those songs again.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I never sent in my rivals guitar in for repair, it never worked properly upon arrival.

Still run to go back to rivals every now and then, I need to do the tour mode again.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Always been meaning to get back to Rock Band, but my dog chewed through a bunch of the cables on my ION kit (not the controller one thankfully) and I just never got around to replacing them. Plus, even before that I had started to notice some double hits on my cymbals which had bummed me out. Maybe sometime in 2019 I'll get around to it and see what all DLC has been released since I stopped playing.

Punxsutawney

Apr 18, 2018
Whilst I jumped off the train moving from X360 to PS4 - I'm really glad this is continuing and that enough people are loving it still.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
I literally just picked up RB4 after watching Giant Bomb's Extra Life coverage - this is awesome news!!!

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have an embarrassing amount of Rock Band DLC, this is great news for everything except my wallet.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. Still buy dlc and play regularly. I'm not sure what the future holds for Rock Band after 2019, but hopefully they have a plan.

I always wished they could concoct some algorithm to auto author songs in the event dlc stopped. But I'm sure that next to impossible. Maybe the best bet is that the custom community will take up the job when/if official support ends.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Really nice, I'm genuinely surprised about the support RB is still getting. It's not even close to the behemoth it once was. I hope Harmonix finds a profitable way to continue offering RB services for years to come but I fear this will all will end in a few years max. Also song licensing is a nightmare for us and HMX.

I'd love to get back into RB again once I can find a very quiet drum set. My neighbors below would be annoyed about the kick pedal and I'm tired arguing with the police and them again...

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. Still buy dlc and play regularly. I'm not sure what the future holds for Rock Band after 2019, but hopefully they have a plan.

I always wished they could concoct some algorithm to auto author songs in the event dlc stopped. But I'm sure that next to impossible. Maybe the best bet is that the custom community will take up the job when/if official support ends.

They really wanted to bring RBN back via Rock Band 4 PC, sucks it didn't work out. I think their eventual idea was that they could let the community license and chart songs into eternity.

Unfortunately, they can't bring it back via the consoles again because neither of the two have the infrastructure, and I always got the hunch HMX is not interested in being specifically depending on one of the two platforms as the pipeline again as it had catches all over the place.

Really nice, I'm genuinely surprised about the support RB is still getting. It's not even close to the behemoth it once was. I hope Harmonix finds a profitable way to continue offering RB services for years to come but I fear this will all will end in a few years max. Also song licensing is a nightmare for us and HMX.

I'd love to get back into RB again once I can find a very quiet drum set. My neighbors below would be annoyed about the kick pedal and I'm tired arguing with the police and them again...

On the bright side, every single pre-RB4 DLC has been through a renewal cycle at least one now (HMX seems to license in 5 year chunks), so in theory the vast majority of RB DLC that is to be delisted has already been delisted. Since this is year 11 of Rock Band, some of the DLC has been renewed twice now.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
My drums broke T_T...

My only option here in Brazil probably is buying some eletronic drums and use the adapter for it. Is it still easy to find?

And anyone has a cheap e-drums recomendation? I really miss Rock Banding...

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Rock Band 4, though obviously a bit hamstrung by budget constraints, has become a very cool product and the amount of effort harmonix put in to get everything working is nuts.

I'm hoping we get one more big push next gen, I think if there's no guitar hero to split the casual market rock band could actually to fairly well enough to maintain itself, though it's highly dependant on retailer interest. I just really don't want to see the genre fade into obscurity and be relegated to PC clone games that don't have near the polish...

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My drums broke T_T...

My only option here in Brazil probably is buying some eletronic drums and use the adapter for it. Is it still easy to find?

And anyone has a cheap e-drums recomendation? I really miss Rock Banding...

Are you on PS4? Then the MIDI Adapter is relatively easier to find. If you're willing to solder, the Wii Adapter is REALLY easy to find, and can be modded to work on PS3 which means you can get it to work on PS4.

Are you on Xbox? Then good luck getting both the Wired Adapter and the 360 MIDI Pro, which you can't mod from another adapter as it needs the MS security chip to talk to the console. Unfortunately.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Is this what I need to do use my Xbox 360 guitars on the Xbox One? How do the old games/songs work? it has been ages since I have played, but I am culling old games/hardware and my interest has been piqued. I have RockBand 1/2/3 and Beatles + Guitar Hero 2/3

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Bundle-Legacy-Controller-Adapter/dp/B014CLMJ74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541877042&sr=8-3&keywords=rockband+legacy+adapter+xbox+one&th=1

Anyone have an answer to this? I do not want to waste 60 bucks....

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what I need to do use my Xbox 360 guitars on the Xbox One? How do the old games/songs work? it has been ages since I have played, but I am culling old games/hardware and my interest has been piqued. I have RockBand 1/2/3 and Beatles + Guitar Hero 2/3

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Bundle-Legacy-Controller-Adapter/dp/B014CLMJ74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541877042&sr=8-3&keywords=rockband+legacy+adapter+xbox+one&th=1

Yeah, that's what you need, and it'll work with all the wireless versions of those instruments. So no wired RB1 and no Xplorer can be used on the One.

If you exported RB1 and 2 back in the day, they'll be under your Ready to Install on the One. As long as you played RB3 while connected to the internet on your 360 under the same gamertag, you can buy the RB3 export from the in game store for 15$ for all 83 of it's songs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does that adapter work well? What about the songs I had bought?

It does. Just be careful about the USB connection, as apparently it can break if you're rough with it.

As long as you're using the same gamertag you bought the songs on, every song you bought or exported will be waiting for you in Ready To Install.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Me and my family loved us some Rock Band. I would love to play 4 again but I need the instruments and they are ridiculously overpriced online.