• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
And here's my DLC impressions, first playthrough scores and stem confirmations for what's easily my most hyped DLC in quite a while:

"Bad Company" – Bad Company - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 166,202 | 100% Notes Hit (788/788) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 135,510 | 100% Notes Hit (564/564) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Roll To Me" - Del Amitri - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 0]
Expert Guitar: 103,375 | 100% Notes Hit (392/392) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 42,154 | 100% Notes Hit (152/152) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Roll To Me" is 100% legit! No muffling of other tracks or general stem fuckery when missing notes on your own instrument, only your instrument mutes. Honestly kind of surprising! What's even more surprising is "Bad Company" also uses master tracks. So those of you who had doubts about the latter track can go suck it! In the nicest way possible of course. 2 for 2 this week, boo yah!

DLC Impressions: "Roll To Me" is a fucking blast on guitar and one of the most fun overall charts release for RB4 so far despite it's simplicity. It's a fun mix of strummed three note chord bursts, a ton of single note strumming back and forth across the fretboard along with a rad as fuck alteration with lots of hammer-on sweeping across the neck as well! Fucking great. Bass is….okay for a tier 0 chart I guess. Just a bunch of held single notes with a little bit of note zig-zagging throughout the course of the song. So yeah, phenomenal guitar, so-so bass.

"Bad Company" actually has a surprisingly fun guitar chart. Thanks to HMX charting the piano in the first half of the song it changes what would be a really sparse guitar chart to a fun mix of alternating chord and single note strumming that slinks all over the place! There's 2 really kick-ass solos that get a bit more complicated as you go but it never gets too difficult or overwhelming, overall another kick-ass guitar chart, but unlike "Roll To Me" I wasn't expecting this to be fun! Bass is pretty solid! It starts off with some really off-sync orange fret strumming with a strum lane too! After that it's a nice healthy mix of laid-back single note sustains and some more active steady strumming back and forth across the fretboards when the song starts to pick up in pace throughout.

So overall, a good week, both are worth a purchase for sure!

Best Guitar: "Roll To Me"
Best Bass: "Bad Company"

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. Wasn't expecting Bad Company to have stems.
It looks a little slow to me, but I'll pick it up anyway for the effort. Good stuff HMX.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
I actually expected Roll to Me to not have stems over Bad Company, but both have it? Awesome!

Oct 25, 2017
JoeMaryTwi.png

I was just thinking about that Joe Jackson song in class like two weeks ago.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Not the Joe Jackson song I would have gone for (Steppin' Out) but still a good choice nonetheless. Never even heard Cumbersome, but it's good. Solid week this week.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's ya girl Jez coming at you live with this week's stem confirmations, DLC impressions and first playthrough scores!

"Cumbersome" – Seven Mary Three -
[Guitar: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 159,276 | 100% Notes Hit (636/636) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 139,430 | 100% Notes Hit (541/541) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Is She Really Going Out With Him?" - Joe Jackson- [Guitar: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar: 100,556 | 100% Notes Hit (307/307) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 91,962 | 100% Notes Hit (441/441) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Cumbersome" looks to be legit. At first I was second guessing because I thought I heard the guitar track when missing notes on guitar but it seems to be a backing guitar track. No muffling of any other instruments when missing notes on your own instrument! "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" sadly doesn't have master tracks, which I kind of expected to be honest, but it's still a shame nonetheless. There's a blatant muffling of every track across the board when missing notes. Even on the vocal track there appears to be a tiny bit of muffling which is genuinely surprising. Oh jeeze.

DLC Impressions: "Cumbersome" is pretty good on guitar for a tier 1 chart. It's mostly just simple brisk strumming between single note and two note chords throughout. But it varies up the pattern enough to keep things interesting throughout, and there are a few laid-back breaks at a couple of points in the song to spice things up as well. So yeah, not too shabby. Bass is pretty fucking rad actually. It's this great mix of steadily strummed single notes with a ton of movement back and forth across the fretboard in between, it's even really active during the quiet interlude as well. An essential for bassists in my opinion!

"Is She Really Going Out With Him?" is alright on guitar. About as minimalist as I'd expected. Just mainly a bunch of spaced out chord strumming with the occasional burst of steadily strummed chords as well. And towards the end there's a pretty neat section with steady gallops and a ton of three note chord strumming as well. So yeah, pretty engaging for such a bare bones chart overall. Not bad. Bass is pretty similar. It's a bouncy laid-back affair with some movement back and forth across the fretboard two notes at the time and some steady hammer-on work during the main chorus. Overall a solid set of charts for such a simplistic song.

Best Guitar: "Cumbersome"
Best Bass: "Cumbersome"

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's finally the end for Rock Band Network on 360. There's only a handful of songs remaining on the store, and I'm sure those will be gone soon enough. I hope everyone was able to get what they wanted while they still had the chance.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Well I certainly hope you all bought the certified-platinum, absolutely not shitty The Fenton Project song, which was not at all done by me.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just found more delisted DLC in the "Ready to Install" section on Xbox One:

"Fake Friends" Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"Pick Me Up" - Dinosaur Jr.
"The Wagon" - Dinosaur Jr.
"Megasus" - Megasus

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The songs that were in the old 20 Song free pack that were held up by also being in the Pre-Order 30 Song Megapack are available now! 15 songs were in my queue, so now I've got Honest Bob's "I Get By" and my missing Bang Camaro and Freezepop tracks, as well as stuff like "Outside" by Tribe and "Rob the Prez-O-Dent." Fantastic news and one of my biggest things I was waiting for.

Now if only I didn't have to pay for the HMX pack 01, which I got for free from an issue of OXM. Then I'd have "Sprode" back and my Freezepop collection would be complete. Probablymwill have to pony up the money soon for that.

My only 'fix' left that I'm wanting is for the ability to set a female AND male lead singer for my band and the correct one appear during a song with female or male vocals. I know they said a long time ago it's intentional that a male character sings female vocals and vice versa because you are supposed to feel connected to your created characters but I still hate it and would feel more connected to my band having an additional singer that sings the right parts. Doubt that'll ever get changed though.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished playing guitar and bass, we've got 5 stars or gold stars all around. We just need a lot more experience to get promoted this week.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Just found more delisted DLC in the "Ready to Install" section on Xbox One:

"Fake Friends" Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"Pick Me Up" - Dinosaur Jr.
"The Wagon" - Dinosaur Jr.
"Megasus" - Megasus

Nice.

I have those Dinosaur Jr. and Joan Jett songs, but don't have that Megasus song. Was that paid DLC?

I also have "Dreaming of Love" - Lights Resolve. Wherever that is from. If I bought that, it must have been some impulse buy.

edit: Just checked and I already had that Megasus song downloaded for some reason.

Last edited:

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I just tried to play Rock Band 4 after going from an original Xbox One to an X. None of my DLC was getting read by the game. Apparently, the only solution to this problem is to delete everything and download it all again. Awesome.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried to play Rock Band 4 after going from an original Xbox One to an X. None of my DLC was getting read by the game. Apparently, the only solution to this problem is to delete everything and download it all again. Awesome.

I recall reading something about having to let it just sit for a bit because The Xbox takes forever to index all the DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Stolen Dance is a belter of a song. And finally my JoJo wishlist is one step closer to being finished with "I Want You!" So glad we got that over "Truly Madly Deeply".

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Pulled double duty at the gym today! (Taught 8 Aerobics sessions in 8 hours, whoo!) so here I am dragging my sore aching body into my computer chair to give you the latest deets on Savage Garden and Milky Chance's Rock Band debuts. Let's get this lowdown underway! Stem confirmations, first playthrough scores and impressions on Expert Guitar and Bass:

"I Want You" – Savage Garden -
[Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 173,130 | 100% Notes Hit (694/694) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 150,368| 100% Notes Hit (779/779) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Stolen Dance" - Milky Chance- [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 0 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 0]
Expert Guitar: 157,271 | 100% Notes Hit (1080/1080) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 53,089 | 100% Notes Hit (218/218) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Stolen Dance" sadly doesn't have master tracks, the instrumental tracks take a notable hit in overall quality when missing notes on any instrument. Kind of surprised me to be honest, for some reason I thought this would be the legit song this week. "I Want You" on the other hand does have master tracks which I didn't expect at all! I thought it was going to play out the other way round! So season pass holders can be safe in the knowledge that this week's pass pick is 100% legit!

DLC Impressions: "I Want You" kicks a whole load of ass on guitar. It's this constant barrage of bouncy quick alt-strumming with a shitload of really unorthodox chord changes all of the place, it seems a bit overwhelming at first but it soon all fits into place after the second verse! There's some nice laid back hammer-on snaking up and down the board during the fast talking parts and a rather enjoyable 2-note chordfest towards the end as well. Absolutely recommended, if a bit under-tiered at tier 3! Bass is fucking outstanding and easily one of my favourites in the game, it's just that good! Just a constant onslaught of really fun bouncy alt-strumming that throws everything at you, gallops, long hammer-on snaking, long bursts of off-beat double strumming, it all just comes together to form this brilliant fucking chart, never once does it feel dull or too repetitive. Amazing.

"Stolen Dance" is a hell of a lot of fun on guitar, just this really nice mix of spaced out chord strumming and a lot of hectic two note hammer-on flourishes up and down the neck of the guitar throughout the rest of the song, switching between both regularly, it changes up a little bit as well which could probably throw some less-experienced players off their rhythm, a really nice chill song on guitar overall! Bass on the other hand is sadly just forgettable… it's a tier 0 chart so I didn't expect much at all. It just consists entirely of short bursts of 2-3 strummed single notes and sustains with a fair bit of space in-between during the main chorus with 21 measure breaks, extremely dull and the only weak part of what overall is a stellar week of DLC.

Best Guitar: "I Want You"
Best Bass: "I Want You"

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, I'm not too big on the Savage Garden track but the bass chart looks fun and I want to support them on the ones they get separated masters.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Stolen Pants Milky Dance has no stems while I Want You does is one of those weird upsets that I just didn't think would actually happen.

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
So is Rockband hardware impossible to track down at this point?

I've had a brand new set of RB4 kit that I just opened yesterday but now looking at how hard it is to come by I wonder if I made a mistake and should've kept it boxed..

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So is Rockband hardware impossible to track down at this point?

I've had a brand new set of RB4 kit that I just opened yesterday but now looking at how hard it is to come by I wonder if I made a mistake and should've kept it boxed..

Just use the equipment. There's no profitable market on these instruments considering how dead this genre of game is. All the people still heavily invested in this series still have compatible older instruments anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, some more Blues Traveler. Glad to see Run-Around is the Spotlight song. Are the B-Sides going for promotion this week or are we taking another one off?

Finally took the plunge and got myself an e-kit. Picked up the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit. Hopefully I can get some better scores for Spotlights once I get used to them.