• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not trying to be a troll, i'm just being a realist. both games have flaws, but lets not pretend Harmonix are some small time indie developer who have it rough. Every problem they have is of their own making from mismanagement (I worked there from 2005 - 2011 BTW)

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not trying to be a troll, i'm just being a realist. both games have flaws, but lets not pretend Harmonix are some small time indie developer who have it rough. Every problem they have is of their own making from mismanagement (I worked there from 2005 - 2011 BTW)

This is a RB OT, half of your posts are about how great GH is or how shit RB is.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
(I worked there from 2005 - 2011 BTW)

giphy.gif

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the RB series thread and I was discussing the shortcomings of the latest entry in the rock band franchise to the guitar hero franchise. I'm sorry that my opinions are controversial and miss communicated? If you want me to praise Harmonix I will: Beatles Rock band is amazing, and it's a shame the PC port never came out like intended.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the RB series thread and I was discussing the shortcomings of the latest entry in the rock band franchise to the guitar hero franchise. I'm sorry that my opinions are controversial and miss communicated? If you want me to praise Harmonix I will: Beatles Rock band is amazing, and it's a shame the PC port never came out like intended.

You literally didn't discuss any shortcomings.

You can go ahead and look at the OT threads we had on the old place. You'll see us talk about how rough that game was at launch and for several months after. Did you happen to be with us there?

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I apologize ZhugeEX. Anyways, has anyone had any luck in finding dropmix packs in brick and mortar? I've seen pics of them at Target but thats about it

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing that anyone would really be interested in, I worked on a lot of the small projects like Amplitude, Phase, Karaoke Revolution and then went onto Beatles RB and a few cancelled projects after that. I got to play Pink Floyd Rock Band that was cool for the 2 songs they had in it.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I don't know if it's just me, but I am super happy we're getting server browsers. Online was a very important part for me in RB3, and I used it almost every time for five+ years when I was playing the game. I met hundreds of awesome people through it and even maxed my friend list with Rock Band players before they increased the cap. Finding new people now will probably be even easier than it was with matchmaking, and I see myself playing the game much more in the future.

I have one more big wish though and that is Online Showmode. It's one of my favorite new features for RB4, but it's rarely getting used since I am mostly playing the game alone.

pXH5KQ4BD73OQ.jpg

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "server list" will be better than blind matchmaking. People will have better control over who can see what rooms and find each other. If I want to binge on DLC? Set my room to require 500 DLC. When I want to tell people I'm fine playing disc songs? Then set that.

I'm just REALLY hoping they add an option to filter out everything but current challenge songs for online.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Rock Band since the beginning. Never online though. I still use my RB2 drums since the Rivals drums are super unresponsive. I play on PS4 and sometimes the drums resync during a song and cause me to miss a few notes I would have actually hit otherwise. I second the bass boost request. I miss it so much.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, first post over at Resetera, I have some problems posting from home (site is blocked by my ISP right now) but I figured I'd introduce myself since I wasn't too active in the old place.

First off, if you want to play
XBOX - Main platform. GT: IMC (Xbox One)
PS - Very rarely use. ID: Storm-Iz-Sik (PS4)

I have 2000+ songs on Xbox (2900+ on 360 with RBN) and 1500 or so on PSN. I'll leave out my Wii and Oculus IDs ha

Figured I might as well make myself useful so here's answers to some questions I've seen so far

Slow Ride has a custom ending, which honestly I'm not too sure on, it's kind of a startling jump.

Stems
Slow Ride: No
Play That Funky Music: Yes (I'll double check later)
Blister In The Sun: Can't remember off hand but I'll check and edit if people are interested

Dropmix Packs: Target and Toys R Us is your best bet, online you have Funagain games for specific packs, or Amazon and Hasbro for specific playlists/assorted discovers.

Official word is people are interested but it's not in the plans basically from what I understand, it's not ruled out completely but there's a lot to come before it.

Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
1,000+ songs... On both consoles? That aren't customs?

Damn, that's commitment. Nice one.

Slow Ride's abrupt stop is better than some songs, at least. Plus it makes sense being stemless. Much better than how they ended The Warrior and I Wanna Rock in GH 80s (when they didn't care about that series) and All the Rage Back Home at RB4's launch (when they actually did care).

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Hey everyone :) I've got a couple of questions since I intend to come back to RockBand sooner than later:
1. Any tips on making silent drums (especially the foot pedal). I had the ION ones if I remember correctly and the noise caused some trouble with my neighbors. Putting socks on the pads only made them less sensitive and in the end I was more busy with keeping them quiet and worrying about the noise, than enjoying the game.
2. Are multitracks still being used for all of the songs and DLC? The fact that Harmonix is using master tapes / tracks makes it so enjoyable but I'm not sure if they stopped doing that.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
^basically they still use multi tracks for songs where they're available, or at least if the label is willing to hand them over. The community (especially Juke over here) is pretty good about identifying which ones use actual masters and which ones don't as soon they are released.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Is here any kind of list about that on Wikipedia? It's really disappointing since I refuse to purchase stereo songs for RB or GH tbh.

No list sadly as HMX doesn't openly advertise whether each track has master recordings and stems. But if you check the old Rivals GAF thread me and a few people confirmed stems every week for most of the RB4 DLC so far. And starting from this week I'll be doing it here as well. Speaking of which....

Here's this week's first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and impressions for this week's new DLC single and Rewind track:

"Johnny B. Goode" - Chuck Berry - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 205,165 100% Notes Hit (457/457) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 95,272 100% Notes Hit (497/497) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"I Want You Back" - The Jackson 5 - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 5 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 125,800 100% Notes Hit (761/761) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 117,476 100% Notes Hit (566/566) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "I Want You Back" is a certified master track with properly seperated stems what with it being a Lego Rock Band setlist song. "Johnny B. Goode" rather predictably isn't though. The whole track barring the vocals lower in volume and quality when missing notes on any instrument. It's a shame, but expected considering the song is over 50 years old!

DLC Impressions: "Johnny B. Goode" is a blast on guitar. Lots of rapid chord strumming during the verses and a whole bunch of fast, varied solos dotted throughout with a lot of unorthodox single note and chord hammer-ons and a whole lot of quick switch-ups up and down the fretboard. Bass is pretty damn good as well! Lots of steady single note strumming and movement back and forth across the guitar neck with a healthy dose of strummed note snaking throughout to help speed up the overall pace of the chart. Overall, recommended! "I Want You back" is fantastic on guitar with a focus on a lot of alt-strummed single note and chord switches with a heck of a lot of steady hammer-on snaking towards the upper end of the neck. Bass is pretty chill as well with just as much movement as it's guitar counterpart too, but it's a ton more relaxing and groove focused. So yeah, overall, a great week for guitarists and bassists. Get both if you haven't got the Lego Rock Band export for the Jackson 5 song.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, I've just made it too! I'll probably be more active now.

Honestly, I was hoping for more with the roadmap. A server browser is nice, but they didn't mention anything too interesting for me personally. They hyped it up on twitter but that whole stream kind of seemed like they didn't really even want to do it.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1. Any tips on making silent drums (especially the foot pedal). I had the ION ones if I remember correctly and the noise caused some trouble with my neighbors. Putting socks on the pads only made them less sensitive and in the end I was more busy with keeping them quiet and worrying about the noise, than enjoying the game.
Have you tried an exercise mat? That seems to be working for me, as I've never gotten a complaint from downstairs neighbors.

For the pads I used these silencers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/drumshhh/m.html?isRefine=true&_mwBanner=1

They aren't going to silence the pads completely, but they take off some of the higher end of the noise, and I haven't really noticed any issues with responsiveness outside the usual wonkiness of the Madcatz drums.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations on some replacement cymbals for an ION kit? My stock kit has surprisingly been holding up quite well, but I really miss using my IONs and my cymbals have seen better days.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's coming the week after the Ska Pack 01 is released. Any day now. Also, good to see you Dave and other familiar Rock Band thread faces back again. I yell out in joy whenever I get lucky and beat one of Pedro's drum scores. Doesnt happen often.

TheGreatDave

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could justify getting drums but they take up so much space :/ my missus would judge me internally. And probably externally.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's coming the week after the Ska Pack 01 is released. Any day now. Also, good to see you Dave and other familiar Rock Band thread faces back again. I yell out in joy whenever I get lucky and beat one of Pedro's drum scores. Doesnt happen often.

The question is how would a Ska Pack be handled?

Part of me wants to say it would be exclusively third wave, but 3 separate packs for each "generation" would be cool

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
A 3 pack? In 2017?

Well, we did get that Alice in Chains pack with a rewind recently.

Oct 25, 2017
The question is how would a Ska Pack be handled?

Part of me wants to say it would be exclusively third wave, but 3 separate packs for each "generation" would be cool
Yeah, I would think it would the usual ska bands. Probably another Mighty Mighty Bosstones song, some Reel Big Fish and maybe some Streetlight Manifesto or something. Would love to see a few packs cover different waves. I think there's some really good stuff out there that would be fun to play. Lots of good Ska Jazz that would probably be challenging to play.

I've been listening to this song a bunch lately and I'd love to try and play the drums on this one:

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
some replacement cymbals for an ION kit?

I'm very happy to see you here :)

I bought a Pintech TC14 as a blue cymbal replacement... it has worked perfectly for me. Most people prefer the TC10 for better rebound but I found it too little... I have a TC10 just in case for my yellow cymbal ... but my ion one is still working and i prefer that for now. (TC10 is very silent though ... I love that)

Obviously there are better options ... but those are the cheapest and have worked for me.

You will need felts and sleeves to put them on your ions , so all these add around 5 dollars to the price.

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish some miracle would happe nadn Beatles would become BC....I hate having to drag out my 360 just for that game but it's worth it. Me and AGreatDave played alot of it, and even after working on it I never grew tired of it. Such a masterpiece.

TheGreatDave

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I broke up with my last girlfriend singing Beatles songs to Sylar and some bird he had an internet crush on helped ease the pain

Beatles Rock Band greatest game of all time.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy to see you here :)

I bought a Pintech TC14 as a blue cymbal replacement... it has worked perfectly for me. Most people prefer the TC10 for better rebound but I found it too little... I have a TC10 just in case for my yellow cymbal ... but my ion one is still working and i prefer that for now. (TC10 is very silent though ... I love that)

Obviously there are better options ... but those are the cheapest and have worked for me.

You will need felts and sleeves to put them on your ions , so all these add around 5 dollars to the price.
Thanks Pedro. Looks like I have some shopping to do.

I would also love Beatles RB to come to BC.